Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Well someone was listening to my vet nurse on Tuesday when she commented on how rarely jazz has to go to the vets ( in comparison to my other 2,terriers who are going through a tough spot at the moment)
    Jazz was running around the park tonight when she suddenly stopped and started crying lifting her paw up. By the time I got to her her foot was covered in blood, she'd torn her nail up from the bed and was really hurt she's now curled up in her bed dosed up and wearing a baby sock. Hopefully she won't lose the nail :(

Ah poor Jazz, is she in a lot of pain, if she does loose the nail chances are she'll be fine. Phoe lost his nail during a food raid and it grew back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Millie has started doing the funniest thing. She takes her tennis ball over to the TV, places it on the floor just in front of the TV stand and then jumps onto the edge of the ball with her two paws so it goes shooting in under the TV. I guess she has learned that if the ball goes under there and she hooks the cables with her paws to try and get the ball, I will get up out of my seat to help her. :D

I put her chew toy in the way only to have it flung up onto my lap followed by another round of "Opps... my ball rolled under the TV!":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah poor Jazz, is she in a lot of pain, if she does loose the nail chances are she'll be fine. Phoe lost his nail during a food raid and it grew back.

I'm sure she'll be grand just hate the idea of her being in pain :( she screamed the place down at the vets, took me and the nurse to hold her while the vet examined her.... She's only 6kg but she's blinking strong and very wriggly!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah poor Jazz. Bailey was in a lot of pain with his - he never fussed over his legs when he had operations and was getting bandages changed, stitches out or us covering the bandage etc when he was going outside but for the nail he didn't want us going near it at all so must have been agony!

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah poor Jazz. Bailey was in a lot of pain with his - he never fussed over his legs when he had operations and was getting bandages changed, stitches out or us covering the bandage etc when he was going outside but for the nail he didn't want us going near it at all so must have been agony!

It must be absolute agony for them... It hurts enough if you catch something under your nail but the pain if it lifts is beyond thinking :(
    She does look very cute with a baby sock on though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It must be absolute agony for them... It hurts enough if you catch something under your nail but the pain if it lifts is beyond thinking :(
    She does look very cute with a baby sock on though :D

Lol!! I use baby/kids socks too :D They're great to go over a bandage a and keep it clean and the non slip bits are brilliant for our wooden floors. Our hydro guy was saying I was lucky to spot Bailey's and have it bandaged up so it didn't get caught - he's heard of dogs catching their nail and pulling INCHES of skin off with it!! :eek: Gross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Daughter got a lovely choc cake yesterday, we had a slice with a cuppa in evening, then she left it on the table.
    Some time after lunch but before school pick up, Oliver stole said cake, carefully opened the box (without damaging the box) and ate the cake!
    Was at doc's with daughter, then vet with Mouse (kitten) and vet said to call him if Oliver starts shaking or gets wobbly on his feet. If no signs by 2am he should be fine (based on possible scoffing time and how long it would take to show signs of poisoning).
    Vet gave me his mobile no, for emergency, hope I don't have to call.

Bloody thieving fool of a dog, never known a dog that has such a compulsion to steal food, he's even nicked a bag of frozen peas and eaten them before now, anyone would think he's starved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

We had a pup born here 4 and a half weeks ago, only one in the litter. He is gorgeous, such a little character, he's just polished off his dinner, first time I haven't mushed it up into puppy porridge. Can guarantee he'll go straight for his Mum's milk though when he gets put back in with her. lol His favourite toy at the moment are my shoe laces. I'd forgotten how much fun puppies are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

ISDW wrote: »
    We had a pup born here 4 and a half weeks ago, only one in the litter. He is gorgeous, such a little character, he's just polished off his dinner, first time I haven't mushed it up into puppy porridge. Can guarantee he'll go straight for his Mum's milk though when he gets put back in with her. lol His favourite toy at the moment are my shoe laces. I'd forgotten how much fun puppies are.

Awww! Have you any pictures? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Awww! Have you any pictures? :)

Oh yes. lol I'll stick them up in the picture thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Balls! Making pastry and managed to drop a very large knob of butter on the floor, Benson was over in a flash and swallowed it whole! Hope it wasn't too much to effect him and doesn't make his poos too runny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My Shih Tzu hates the cold. Went into his old soldier act just now. So what do we do? We put on the heating as His Highness is cold. He's also wrapped up in his blanket, sat right next to me theatrically shivering. The little git's careful to look at me whilst shivering, to make sure I get the message!!

I've got to cook his Sunday dinner later. When he hears the pan, we'll see how cold he is then! :D

I've a Lhasa does the same at a drop of rain, shivers and lays next to rad giving it dirty looks for not being hot, gives me the pitiful looks.
    She's fine with the cold though, so long as its fine, one raindrop touches her and she in like a shot!:rolleyes:

mymo wrote: »
    I've a Lhasa does the same at a drop of rain

Phoe does the same, yet the look of glee on his face when he sees a big muddy puddle to jump in :rolleyes:

Well Oliver had no ill effects from the triple choc cake he devoured!
    Bloody dog can eat the hottest curry, or spicy foods, ate a full box of special K once, bag of donegal catch (frozen), bags of peas and broccoli (again frozen), but give him a sniff of milk and he's sick for days!
    Since Friday he has stolen a packet of bagels, got the first one before I caught him, and ate the rat food dry mix.
    He'll be pooping seeds for days.
    Anyone else got a Kleptomaniac dog?

He's also taken tools from the builders here, shoes and socks, soft toys etc,
    Never damages them just walks around with them and drops them in random places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

What did I tell you? My husband was getting ready to take HH for his walk. All thoughts of being cold went straight out of the window. When he got back, HH was waiting by the stove for his dinner! :D

Well Oliver had no ill effects from the triple choc cake he devoured!
    Bloody dog can eat the hottest curry, or spicy foods, ate a full box of special K once, bag of donegal catch (frozen), bags of peas and broccoli (again frozen), but give him a sniff of milk and he's sick for days!
    Since Friday he has stolen a packet of bagels, got the first one before I caught him, and ate the rat food dry mix.
    He'll be pooping seeds for days.
    Anyone else got a Kleptomaniac dog?

He's also taken tools from the builders here, shoes and socks, soft toys etc,
    Never damages them just walks around with them and drops them in random places.

Sounds exactly like my Springer!!! Except he does destroy the stuff he steals :(

Sounds exactly like my Springer!!! Except he does destroy the stuff he steals :(

Thank god he doesn't do that!
    I really do wonder about him at times, he's the Sheldon Cooper of the dog world, even has his own spot!
    Bedtime is 10.30pm he sits and sighs at me if I stay up late, hates anything being moved or new stuff, shows incredible intelligence at times but then walks into a door 'cos he wasn't looking where he was going!

Can't help loving the nutter though:D

Funniest thing happened a min ago, but I think it's a "you had to be there" moment.

We had a plate on the couch between Kieran and I, with a biscuit on it. Harley had been warned to stay on the floor. We noticed his head sloooooowly rising over the arm of the couch, one paw up on the arm then the other, sloooowly pulling himself up onto the arm and balancing like a mountain goat with his 4 big paws on the little arm.

We were laughing quietly, pretending we weren't looking to see what he would do next. Paws onto the back of the couch, behind Kierans head, creeping "stealth mode" along the back of the couch until he was positioned just above the plate. A quick check to make sure we weren't looking and a stretch and snatch. Biscuit gone. But in trying to snatch he fell off the back of the couch and onto Kieran. :rolleyes: I know we shouldn't be allowing stealing, but he had gone to so much effort to look small and hidden. The size of him perched on the back of the couch!

Yellow girl has been a bit lonely since Marky died, but she's becoming more attached to me now, which she never was before, she wasn't much interested in me. I downloaded a load of Doors for her, because she's hardcore, she loves Jim Morrison. Budgies love music, and most of mine had favourites, but I thought Yellow wasn't much into music, turns out she just thought my music tastes suck :pac: She loves Black Sabbath too, might get her some of that and leave it on when I go to work.

My mother brought a plastic budgie for her, but she already has one, which she's extremely possessive of, never let any other budgie pay with it. I put the new one beside the old one, on the perch, and she freaked out! So I took the new one away and hid it.

Still not sure whether I'm going to buy her a new friend, been in contact with lots of animal rescues, but it's rare budgies get sent in. I could find an older bird (she would bully a young bird) but I don't want to buy one if there are any needing a home! But she can't be alone forever, it's no life for a budgie, especially an untame one.

• Advertisement

I get to go to the zoo on Thursday with my class for animal behavior. To study behavior... or just squeal over all the cute animals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Class

558998_10151194921093673_818890827_n.jpg

I get to go to the zoo on Thursday with my class for animal behavior. To study behavior... or just squeal over all the cute animals :D

Penguins! Pengy pengy pengy! I LOVE the Humblots at Dublin Zoo, some of them are real characters, come right up to the glass to stare at you!

Well someone was listening to my vet nurse on Tuesday when she commented on how rarely jazz has to go to the vets ( in comparison to my other 2,terriers who are going through a tough spot at the moment)
    Jazz was running around the park tonight when she suddenly stopped and started crying lifting her paw up. By the time I got to her her foot was covered in blood, she'd torn her nail up from the bed and was really hurt she's now curled up in her bed dosed up and wearing a baby sock. Hopefully she won't lose the nail :(

Well after a week of no walks, had Jazz back at the vet yesterday who said her nail was healing well although there was a chance she'd pull it again and if she did it would have to come off..... guess what she did on her walk this evening? so she's off to the vet in the morning to have it taken off under anesthetic :mad: poor girl is in a lot of pain this evening and I can't give her anything as they have to be taken with food and she has to fast now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pleeeeeeease stop peeing on everything Beanie mad.png

Left my recycling bag of bottles by the door last night and forgot to bring them with me this morning. Put the key in the door this evening and thought "betcha there's a lovely puddle right by the bag!"

Siiiiiigh!Yep true to form redface.png

My sitting room curtains literally look like they've a forcefield of pee across the bottom of them. No UTI or added stress (as far as i can tell) but still the spraying continues. Sob!

Been forced by my friends to go to a nightclub.. Im in hell! Would much rather be at home cuddled up with my furbabies.. So Im gonna sit in a corner and play with my phone!

SillymangoX, I feel your pain, I have some single relatives who I used to go out for nights with years ago, trying to persuade me to go on a night out. I hate the noise, don't smoke (they all do) and don't really drink, hate the noise....I think I'm getting old :(

guess what she did on her walk this evening? so she's off to the vet in the morning to have it taken off under anesthetic

Ah no, poor Jazz. At what time is the procedure?

Jesus, there are some people who seem to post just to argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Daughter got a lovely choc cake yesterday, we had a slice with a cuppa in evening, then she left it on the table.
    Some time after lunch but before school pick up, Oliver stole said cake, carefully opened the box (without damaging the box) and ate the cake!
    Heh, just reminded me of an incident when we hadn't had Darcey for very long. For some reason we had a tray of fairy cakes, and we left them on the kitchen table overnight. Small, 3-legged staffie, 3 foot high kitchen table, so we had never been worried about her being able to get at anything.
    Of course we came in the next morning to discover the plastic packaging ripped open and an empty fairy cake tray. 16 fairy cakes, including the paper cup, gone and a very contented dog snoozing away in her bed.
    A few days later we discovered she had taken to sleeping on the kitchen chairs, and obviously spotted the fairy cakes from there.

It's funny to think about early stories, because now it just doesn't sound like her at all. She never climbs up on the chairs now - I think she preferred sleeping on raised surfaces out of habit from when her previous owner abandoned her in the back garden.
    She would also never consider eating something unless it was on the floor. I could leave my dinner on a little sidetable - well within her reach - and leave the room for ten minutes and my dinner would be untouched. I doubt I could leave it there all day, she is only a dog and curiosity would get the better of her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Had to get Lola a "tough toy" ball. Set me back six quid for one ball!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement