Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah no, poor Jazz. At what time is the procedure?

Jesus, there are some people who seem to post just to argue.

All done now and home snuggled up in front of the fire. She has a bandage the whole length of her leg and she looks hilarious walking around... Don't tell her I said that though she's been giving me death stares all evening :D

As for the arguing, yep some people enjoy winding other people just for their own amusement :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

All done now and home snuggled up in front of the fire. She has a bandage the whole length of her leg and she looks hilarious walking around... Don't tell her I said that though she's been giving me death stares all evening :D

Once they're back giving the "how could you" look you know they're on the mend. Glad to hear she's feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

How on earth do they train the dogs to do this?! Amazing, I'd imagine it wouldn't be the best for their hips, but wow, I've never seen a dog do back flips!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

How on earth do they train the dogs to do this?! Amazing, I'd imagine it wouldn't be the best for their hips, but wow, I've never seen a dog do back flips!

My dad found some sort of terrier cross half-starved in a field once and brought him home. He did back flips, and some other very odd stuff (he couldn't turn left). We came to the conclusion that he was hit by a car at some stage in his life and had brain damage as a result, he was stone mad in very entertaining way.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

It's an absolutely beautiful morning down here in Cork! One of my dogs has just been neutered and we can't go for our usual Saturday morning ramble :( so we've just been for a stroll through the local park and a quick wander down to the river, followed by coffee. Hope everyone else's morning is as nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's an absolutely beautiful morning down here in Cork! One of my dogs has just been neutered and we can't go for our usual Saturday morning ramble :( so we've just been for a stroll through the local park and a quick wander down to the river, followed by coffee. Hope everyone else's morning is as nice!

Oh yes! Lovely morning, but cold which is bearable. My husband's just taken our boy out for his walk. He's got his coat on which he hates, but hates the cold even more. Go figure...

Just back from the vet with Peach, it looks like her skin is finally cured, yay!! I'll no longer be able to call her by her pirate name though.. 'Crusty Nipples'! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Had a really frustrating day transporting dogs from the pound. I had 6 dogs in the car, it took hours longer than i was expecting and traffic was dire. I was in such a mood, until i looked over on my passenger seat and saw this face.....how adorable! It cheered me right up and gave me a nice reminder why i do volunteer work.

pixlrn.png

Just noticed a big cut/ bruise from where the dog jumped on me on Saturday, was my fault, I had a treat in my pocket! :P Never seem to notice injuries at the time they happen... Someone is getting their dew claws clipped when I'm home this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dunny wrote: »
    Had to get Lola a "tough toy" ball. Set me back six quid for one ball!

The kong extreme ones are very good - we have one to allow for OTHER dogs who usually destroy our balls in the park. Bailey has the same balls and toys for ever so tbh I don't mind spending a few quid extra when I know he won't wreck it. I've actually started collecting the balls he finds in the river now (some days he'll get 2 or 3) - once we have a good box full we'll drop them to a rescue that we pass every week. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

This photo over on the "you laugh you lose" thread made me smile :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81838767&postcount=1467

This photo over on the "you laugh you lose" thread made me smile :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81838767&postcount=1467

We have that problem - Bailey's hiding place is under the kitchen table - only now that he's 3 his head sticks out one end and his bum down the other lol!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

tk123 wrote: »
    We have that problem - Bailey's hiding place is under the kitchen table - only now that he's 3 his head sticks out one end and his bum down the other lol!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I read this is ''only now his 3 heads stick out'' :pac::pac:

I read this is ''only now his 3 heads stick out'' :pac::pac:

like that Harry Potter dog lol! :pac: Here he is doing it last year - he's taller and longer since that pic! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Did anyone see those cat and dog stockings in tesco for 5e- they lovely i think Fudge will be getting one for Christmas. I have to stick up the tree in the next few weeks-dreading it because the little bugger loves the baubles, i caught him halfway up the tree last year knocking baubles off:D

Ah Harley is dreaming, he's running, wagging his tail and yipping like a puppy. So cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Went up to the dog park in Marley again today. It's funny how Millie knows exactly where she is when we pull into the car park. She pulls me right to the gate of the pen and then whines until I take off her lead. Great selection there today from a 4 month old pug right up to a very quick deerhound greyhound. Millie gave him a run for his money :D

Was eating bbq beef hoola hoops, dropped one and couldn't find it. Cream found it. Cream loves it! Oh dear, now he has a taste for msg!

Was eating bbq beef hoola hoops, dropped one and couldn't find it. Cream found it. Cream loves it! Oh dear, now he has a taste for msg!

He'll be mugging you for your chinese takeaways next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Errrrm, mine already do!

Toby will sneak and try a snatch and grab, Mouse (kitten) hasn't got sneaky yet, she just jumps up and tries to eat with you....last time it was thai red curry, think she got a shock.
    All my animals love fried rice, anyone else find this?

• Advertisement

mymo wrote: »
    Errrrm, mine already do!

Toby will sneak and try a snatch and grab, Mouse (kitten) hasn't got sneaky yet, she just jumps up and tries to eat with you....last time it was thai red curry, think she got a shock.
    All my animals love fried rice, anyone else find this?

Yeah mine love rice too :) I discovered yesterday Peach loves scrambled eggs too! And both cats got raw haddock and loved it... might try a partially raw diet with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I give scrambled egg when they are sick and not eating, or for a treat on special occasions, no salt and a little bit of butter. Oliver the dog likes it with black pepper:rolleyes:

Or Chorizo, he stole some last Sunday!

Some of the posts lately have made me realise how great our vet is. Takes my input onboard, open to different methods and treatments, compassionate etc etc.... That said I hope I won't be seeing her until the KC is due at the end of Jan lol!!! :p

Silly our cat used to stalk the pizza box and then knock it down and try to open it under cover of darkness when we were in bed lol!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know of any Newfies in rescue??

Ive decided that its the breed I want and Id prefer to go down the rescue route first rather than a breeder.Having discussed things with ISDW (Thanks for all the help ISDW) a Mal or Husky may not be the best dog for me at the moment.

But a Newfie sounds exactly like it will fit in with us.

So if anyone can help Id appreciate it (by pm of course)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone know of any Newfies in rescue??

Ive decided that its the breed I want and Id prefer to go down the rescue route first rather than a breeder.Having discussed things with ISDW (Thanks for all the help ISDW) a Mal or Husky may not be the best dog for me at the moment.

But a Newfie sounds exactly like it will fit in with us.

So if anyone can help Id appreciate it (by pm of course)

I'm almost certain I saw one pop up on my facebook newsfeed somewhere but I'm friends with so many pounds and rescues I can't seem to find it again. They aren't a breed I have seen crop up that often in pounds/rescues so I think you may have a challenge on you hands! You could try maybe googling to see if there is a specific breed rescue in Ireland. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

anyone any recommendations for getting a cheap coat for a GSD lurcher cross? she's a bit skinny and the cold seems to be hitting her a bit on walks, so thinking of trying one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Zooplus have a decent selection.

I've bought my dog Ancol coats before and have always found them excellent.

Of course, there's always eBay. But watch the postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Such a sad day yesterday. My other half is a builder and was talking about a cat thats been hanging around the site. He was trying to befriend it and maybe bring it home. Anyway he came to work friday and guy he works with told him a dog attacked the cat and it was dead, he arrived to work yesterday morning and found the cat still alive. He brought him to the vet but they couldn't save him and he was pts :( he had a fractured skull and broken jaw, poor thing i can't stop thinking about how he spent a day in so much pain all alone. I'm so glad my other half is a softie and loves animals cos other wise the poor cat would still be out there.

My friend has a cat that I met five years ago, his name was Roskva (I think, they're Danish). Few days after I left he fell from a sixth floor balcony, and had to have a back leg amputated. Freak accident. The other two cats have never had a problem on the balcony. Last night Tripod (his name ever since) fell off the balcony again. He's fine, a stitched wound and some broken ribs. Falling off this balcony takes a lot of hard work. I have seen it and been on it, this cat is actively working to get up to the top of the rail in order to fall! Told my friend he really needs his balcony privileges revoked now!! Thank god he's alright!

• Advertisement

Miss Yellow was listening to Jim Morrison earlier and having a sweet budgie time. She's dead cool. Before Marky died she never much cared about me, she'd say hi all excited then she's stare at me like "Oh, you came home so?" Now she calls out to me all the time, like "Don't go!" and greets me when I come home. Marky was the world's happiest bird though, I mean if something fell over in my room he'd have a celebration. Yellow's plastic budgie friend fell down earlier and I thought the apocalypse was imminent, it was a total disaster. She's started to tell me things, like her water feeder wasn't working properly and she was thirsty but she was able to tell me, she'd never have bothered trying to communicate with me before. She left that up the my cock birds to say "No seed!" or "Water!" or even "Open the door we wanna fly!" I gave her a bath the other day and she sat on the side splashing her head then yelling at me like "Come look! I'm splashing my head!"

I have been phoning around pet shops and people who know things about budgies, but all agree it's going to be so hard to find a friend for her. I can't get her a baby bird because she's a bully. Gonna start looking seriously next month, because I'll be off work for Christmas and will have time to spend with the new bird, helping him settle in, and making sure they get on ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement