Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix is at the vet this morning, the vet is going to sedate him to get a good look in case there's anything lurking in his nose or throat. It's always a worry when they're anaesthetised. We had to fast him last night and he was letting me know since 4am that he wasn't happy with an empty tummy.

There was a person in the vets with a 5 week old puppy that they got yesterday. I couldn't believe someone was taking puppies away from the mother that soon. Poor little thing was tiny. At least the person who had the puppy had brought it in to see if it could have any of it's vaccinations. The dog was a x breed so probably an unwanted slip up on the part of the owners not getting their dog fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A funny story - well we thought it was...
    I was getting stuff on SportsDirect last week and got a cheap squeaky toy for my friend's setter because he LOVES them but wrecks them so no point spending much... Toy arrives yesterday, give it to him and he was delighted running around... so much so that when he needed to poop he kept it in his mouth lol!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Watching the horizon cat cams, just noticed no one posted since 21:02, we must all be watching! :D

mymo wrote: »
    Watching the horizon cat cams, just noticed no one posted since 21:02, we must all be watching! :D

Ah it was great! And Bailey was at hydro earlier so too tired to give out to the cats - a few grumbles in front of the TV at the start then he just went to bed and let me watch in peace! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I need one of those camera things for the cats! Cream comes home every day smelling like chickens, I would love to know where he's going!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

making the rounds on the internet:

942560_10151437117265658_368651174_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I need one of those camera things for the cats! Cream comes home every day smelling like chickens, I would love to know where he's going!!
    I want one too, Mouse comes home smelling of sheep sometimes!
    I know there's some in a field behind the house next door, just hope she's not chasing them!
    We often think she thinks she a dog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Cinnamon was howling in the hallway earlier, so I raced out to see if she was ok.. turns out she'd hunted a toy sheep and was carrying it around very proudly :rolleyes:

Patter (Still working on names for the stray!) has a little routine where she'll come around 9 every morning (maybe earlier, I don't get up before then :pac: ) and abour 6/7 every evening.
    Poppy had a bit of a guard dog moment yesterday and found her hiding in the bushes and went mental, so I had to grab her and put her inside... hopefully Patter will remember I saved her from the mad little dog and let me get a bit closer soon! Must say though, with the exception of her bloody/gunky eye she's looking so healthy since I started feeding her!

Well this morning I thought we were making great progress with our 2 getting used to Toby being around. I fed the 3 of them in the kitchen at about 6.30, we put a nice snug cat bed on the door mat for Toby since we noticed he wasn't using the bed in the shed anymore.

The other 2 pretty much ignored him while he ate and then he had a roll around in some catnip. Jazzy went out and did his morning patrol, Toby went back into his bed and Felix took up position on the stairs so I left the back door ajar and went back to bed.

We've been leaving Toby's bed inside the kitchen door to try to encourage him to sleep indoors, but today Felix realised he can sleep in it and keep guard of the back door to stop him coming in if he wants to:rolleyes: So time for a plan B

When dude was newborn I used to put a microwaveable teddy bear in the cage with them to keep them warm. Today I brought out the teddy again as I needed a hot water bottle and didn't have one, and dude must recognise the smell because he's been kneading and sucking on it all evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I must be exhausted, I just had a 21/2 hr nap!! That never happens. And himself was trying to wake me up to get the dogs in as he had to go out and I wouldn't budge. He got them all in and they were all dozing peacefully when I went into the kitchen!

I've just discovered Dude has a 'third' nipple! A little extra one just down from the normal ones. I find this hilarious for some reason! My mom said it's a sign of the devil :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

TK the new pup is gorgeous. When do you see her again?

Spent some time playing with this angel today..so cute
    image_zps5aff2b41.jpg

TillyGirl wrote: »
    TK the new pup is gorgeous. When do you see her again?

We can see them any time we want but going to wait a couple of weeks until they get more active - they were 3 weeks old yesterday :). I got girly bandanas online earlier to match her big bro since he always wears one :D

I know it's not the ranting and raving forum but I'm so fecked off with neglected animals being ignored. Sometimes I feel like we're the only people in our neighbourhood who aren't oblivious to vulnerable animals suffering. First we took Toby in which we are very happy to have done. Now the little black cat that was sneaking some of his food seems to be a stray that is looking the worse for wear and I'm going to have to contact a rescue and see if I can borrow a tnr trap to try and get him. Hopefully they will be able to take him and rehome him.

We thought he was just snacking on the nuts we left out for Toby but we stopped putting food out weeks ago and he still came around sometimes but there's been lots of howling in the distance between him and Toby and this morning Toby ripped chunks of fur out of him in the garden. We noticed about a month ago that the little black chaps ear was red raw from fighting but we put it down to them being on heat and fighting for females, now I think he's just desperate for food. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Pulled two ticks off Josie today and I think three total from Boo in the last month. I think I'm going to have to cave in and put a spot-on on them. I only happened to see the ticks on Josie as she was lying prostrate on the couch with all four legs in the air. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Lovely walk on the beach this morning, then met a coach load of school boys as we were leaving. I could hear them talking about the wolves as we approached - I had a red and white husky and a husky cross with me. :) But, the boys were all very polite, and the dogs loved the petting and attention from them and they seemed to accept that they were huskies and not wolves desperate to eat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

left Maggie in the vets this morning. she has a wart on her eye lid that has been growing fast. it was irritating her eye and causing infection so it has to come off under anaesthetic.

its only minor I know but she was so upset when I left her and scamp has been whining all morning looking for her. roll on 4pm until I collect her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

left Maggie in the vets this morning. she has a wart on her eye lid that has been growing fast. it was irritating her eye and causing infection so it has to come off under anaesthetic.

its only minor I know but she was so upset when I left her and scamp has been whining all morning looking for her. roll on 4pm until I collect her :(

You always worry when they have to have an op, no matter how minor, but I'm sure she'll be spoilt rotten tonight when she comes home. :)

Benson has water in his ear from swimming yesterday, it didn't seem to bother him last night but this morning he's scratching at his ear and shaking his head and when I scratch it I can hear the water squelching inside:(. I've put ear cleaner in and I'll see how it is later, if not it's off to the vets for us:(.

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    You always worry when they have to have an op, no matter how minor, but I'm sure she'll be spoilt rotten tonight when she comes home. :)

thanks, i'm going to get her something special for her tea and ill bring her bed into the fireside. she is very very cute (if I do say so myself) and the vet nurse fell in love with her so she told me she'd mind her for me today so that has helped.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off going for a wander around work than replying to some of the threads on here(not this one of course ;)) GAH!

Hope Maggie and Benson are doing ok. My friends setter is always dragging his head on the ground - I wonder if he has water in his ears from going in the river?...but he just stands in the water not actually swimming lol!

Maggie is home with a lampshade on her head. she completely out of is and is asleep on the sofa with her blankie. She ate some cesar dog food so at least she has something in her belly. hasn't peed yet and not interested in water. i'll leave her for now but im sure she'll be much brighter tomw.

Out car broke down outside a pet shop today, so I didn't mind as I got to look at adorable tortoises and bunnies, and met a man with a really nice bull terrier! Got the kitties some applaws tins and natures menu pouches as a special treat, they love it :D

Benson is grand, his ear is still a wee bit squelchy but nothing as noisy as this morning, he's not shaking his head any more or overly scratching it. I put the ear cleaner in and then gave it a clean about a half hour later with cotton wool and a tissue and thankfully it doesn't seem to be bothering him. His ears weren't overly dirty and nothing seemed lodged so maybe all the massaging that I did burst a bubble and his shaking got rid of most of it.

Came to Dublin yesterday for one night because I was going to a gig. Having a good time and all but really, really can't wait to get back to Cork and see my babies! You'd really miss their furry little faces :(

Came to Dublin yesterday for one night because I was going to a gig. Having a good time and all but really, really can't wait to get back to Cork and see my babies! You'd really miss their furry little faces :(
    I know what you mean. My brother always looks after our furry monsters when we're away and he spoils them rotten. But even so we worry about them. Good old seperation anxiety. It's funny, after a whole year of working on taming our feral chap the first lap he sat on was my brothers. It was the first time we'd been away while he'd been with us and he's very used to my brother. The first evening my brother fed them and sat on the sofa he just jumped up on his lap.

I was delighted and disappointed at the same time:)

:D:D
    Got some more photos today!! (Delighted that they're being handled/around kids)

Gorgeous puppy:)

• Advertisement

That puppy makes me all melty. So cute!!

My wee stray visitor has come by for 2 meals since we got back from Dublin this afternoon and has spent the last hour and a half staring at the house. Tried to open the door twice to bring her in but she just trots on under the bushes till we shut the door again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement