Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That puppy makes me all melty. So cute!!

My wee stray visitor has come by for 2 meals since we got back from Dublin this afternoon and has spent the last hour and a half staring at the house. Tried to open the door twice to bring her in but she just trots on under the bushes till we shut the door again.
    She'll get there, it'll just take time. Have you tried gradually moving her food a little bit closer to the house. So that she'll get used to being nearer the house and know that it's not as scary as she thinks.

Well Felix and Jazzy and Mr P are sound asleep, no idea where Toby is and the trap is loaded. So it's a waiting game now. Am staying up as I don't want Toby to get shut in the trap. Really hoping to catch the little black chap tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My daughter is doing junior cert and last exam is today, thank god!
    I will have freedom of Internet again (turn it off for study time), and hopefully less stress.
    Unfortunately her timetable for 5th year won't allow all the subjects she needs for college so gotta go sort that out today too.
    I'm working the rest of the week, but next Monday morning we're off to the beach with doggies to celebrate!

Pumpkinseeds, hope you get that little kitty. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh you must be delighted that the exams are finishing!! My friend's son broke his writing hand on the friday of the BH weekend with JC starting on the Wednesday so only had one day to organise a scribe!
    My beautiful puppy lol - my friend thought it was so funny that the skirting board is the same height as her shoulder - we're used to our big boys so she seems so tiny. Funny that when I was talking about getting a puppy she was telling me I was mad and now she's all excited for her to arrive!! We were out on Sunday with the 2 boys walking ahead of us and she got all exicted - "Look there'll be another one there between the two of them - it'll be great" etc etc I knew the nay sayers would be lined up for cuddles lol!! :P

Also well done guys for taking in those poor cats! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

gorgeous puppy Tk123! maggie is much better. She threw and awful strop this morning as shes fed up with the lampshade on her head so I took it off. Her wound is so small its barely visible and her eye is clear with no redness. shes not bothering with it either so I'm sure she'll be fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Little visitor was over an hour late today, I was stressing that something had happened to her :o But she turned up in the end and I moved her bowls closer to the house on pumpkinseeds suggestions which didn't seem to bother her. Me and Cinnamon sat inside at the window and watched her, Cinnamon is so intrigued by the cat. Her eye doesn't seem to be improving:

lkt0.jpg

So I've gotten onto a few local rescues about borrowing a trap so I can bring her in and clean it out and if necessary get her to the vet for closer inspection.

Still don't even know if she's a he or a she, but still worried that she could be expecting after finding that Tom and her in the yard last month, and it could be my imagination but she seems to be developing a tiny bit of a belly... but that could just be her two meals of meat and nuts a day :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Hey everyone. I check API every few hours but for some reason (I'm very boring and never have news :P) I've never ventured in here! Think it's time I fixed that.

So, introductions! This is my beloved mutt Ollie. I got him from a rescue two and a half years ago. They found him straying so didn't know his story but when in the car he was terrified of going near the window and has separation anxiety so I reckon he may have been dumped out of a car.

6335478255_b1c7163b2c_z.jpg
    Ollie by Cocolola18, on Flickr

Myself and Mr. Cocolola finally moved in together in April (after 9 years :D) and moved up to Galway so the pooch left the family home and came with us. We're living miles from his work and college for me but we wanted a place that suited him. We're right beside the most dog friendly park I've ever been to so I'm happy with that!

I'm currently considering moving him to raw but mean butchers and a lack of freezer space are issues so I ordered a box of gRÁW this morning to start with. Hopefully that goes well.

Myself, I just went back to college at NUIG last September to study science. I still wonder was that a good idea or not but too late now!

Ok that'll do for now, don't want to bore ye too much.

Little visitor was over an hour late today, I was stressing that something had happened to her :o But she turned up in the end and I moved her bowls closer to the house on pumpkinseeds suggestions which didn't seem to bother her. Me and Cinnamon sat inside at the window and watched her, Cinnamon is so intrigued by the cat. Her eye doesn't seem to be improving:

lkt0.jpg

So I've gotten onto a few local rescues about borrowing a trap so I can bring her in and clean it out and if necessary get her to the vet for closer inspection.

Still don't even know if she's a he or a she, but still worried that she could be expecting after finding that Tom and her in the yard last month, and it could be my imagination but she seems to be developing a tiny bit of a belly... but that could just be her two meals of meat and nuts a day :pac: :pac:
    Gorgeous cat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just rang a new kennels to get a price for two nights next month and when I mentioned I have a Staffy and that she sleeps with the Yorkies she asked me if I was sure she was safe with them. So frustrating. She's managed not to kill them the last two years I think she'll be ok for two nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Just rang a new kennels to get a price for two nights next month and when I mentioned I have a Staffy and that she sleeps with the Yorkies she asked me if I was sure she was safe with them. So frustrating. She's managed not to kill them the last two years I think she'll be ok for two nights.

:(

It is so sad when so called canine 'professionals' don't have a clue isn't it.

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    :(

It is so sad when so called canine 'professionals' don't have a clue isn't it.

Its annoying and yes sad. I am far too polite as well and didnt say anything apart from her and Oz share a crate every night with no problems. Also mad because the kennels look good but dont want to give her my business!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

You should show them the pic of Lexi snuggled into the crate with Winston the GR puppy. She managed not to kill him either.;)

7ouiGMWl.jpg

She done well to contain the aggression didn't she?! BLM will you move to Kilkenny so she can stay with you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Ollie is lovely Cocolola, his tail is fab! :) Do you know what mix he is?

She done well to contain the aggression didn't she?! BLM will you move to Kilkenny so she can stay with you?!

Seeing as I still get grief from my family in Dublin for moving to Meath/Louth over 7 years ago, I reckon I'd be completely shunned if I moved any further!

Ollie is lovely Cocolola, his tail is fab! :) Do you know what mix he is?

Thanks blue! There's probably a bit of a collie in there but after that, I'm not too sure. I'd love to do one of those DNA tests on him someday. Whatever he is, he's inherited that ear hair that no matter how much you brush it, it always looks like he's been dragged through a hedge! Actually, in general all of him looks like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Tillygirl, I use a kennels just outside Kilkenny, it's very good, would you like the details? I can pm you, she even has paddling pools for dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It's taken him 6 months but henry has somehow managed to master the baby gate we got to stop him getting up the stairs. Unbelievable.

mymo wrote: »
    Tillygirl, I use a kennels just outside Kilkenny, it's very good, would you like the details? I can pm you, she even has paddling pools for dogs!

That would be fantastic thank you x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I've been in bits this morning, but in a good way. Last October we took in 12 dogs from a puppy farm, one of the bitches was in pup and had one pup. I took saoirse and her pup to a UK rescue in December, the puppy was adopted and is doing really well, growing into a monster. Saoirse has been in a foster home since December, but this morning she went to her forever home, back in Dublin. A lady followed her story from the beginning and fell in love with her, so yesterday Saoirse came home, not many Irish nationals doing the return journey at the moment ;) I did the HV and I know that she is going to have a fantastic life with this family, they have 2 other huskies. its going to be a good day I think :D

• Advertisement

Aw that's great. Love happy endings like this, wish it happened more often. Fair play btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Does anyone know if it's okay to give adult cat food to a kitten? Dude has been getting James well beloved dry and whiskas wet food, but I bought applaws tins for a treat for the big cats and dude is going mad trying to get their left overs so would it be oaky to give him half a tin as a treat? Also, got a Da Bird today. Wow even peach, the princess of laziness, loves it!!

A bit of adult food will be fine as a treat. Can't leave the little guy out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Was out for longer than planned this morning and came in the door at home to a nice draught wafting through... oops that's not right. Back door wide open and a doggy looking strangely happy with herself :pac: serious case of zoomies when we went out the back and found her (thankfully still in the garden!).... as if to say "wheheeee... look at meeee... I've been doing this all morning!":D
    I'm afraid to ask the neighbours about the barking levels :o Just as well the postman didnt come today.

In the park this morning and Rebel (my friends setter) finds something in the grass... My fiend's husband freaks out asking me to help 'the bone' off him, I quickly put Bailey on his lead in case it gets dropped and he goes for it.. Reb in the meantime is going mad flicking the bone up in the air and catching it, holding in his mouth and jumping around etc. As we get closer he drops a piece and has something yellow sticking out if his mouth which he then drops and Bailey picks up delighted... I look down to see the other half of the bone in the grass and realise the yellow thing sticking out of Bailey's mouth is a pony tail!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

That's hilarious tk! Picture creeps me out though :eek: I don't like dolls.

Cocolola wrote: »
    That's hilarious tk! Picture creeps me out though :eek: I don't like dolls.

It was so funny - he was going mad playing with it like it was the best toy ever! :p

tk123 wrote: »
    It was so funny - he was going mad playing with it like it was the best toy ever! :p

"Found" toys are always the best!

Found and new toys are so much better than existing toys! Every bag I come in with gets inspected for goodies or pressies. I ordered loads of stuff from sports direct a few months back and when the bag arrived I opened the top took out one or two toys and put the bag in the front room and forgot about it for a little while.

Then my pair of brats found it!

50mrfjLl.jpg

I'm fully convinced Benson was sitting opposite Coco in the circular space where there's no toys but jumped up to act all innocent on the couch when he heard me coming. Meanwhile the ringleader has the bag behind her after spreading toys everywhere.

EFS7JO9l.jpg

She knows well she's been caught in the act so she jumps up beside Benson with one of those burger toys. Benson seems to prefer the little red face squeaky toys, there's 2 underneath him as well as a squeaky burger:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

aaaaaaaw I've been promising myself an order from sports direct since they were mentioned in the bargain thread and haven't done it yet. Your pics are making me really want to place an order now!

Love the little clear spot on the ground. Guiltiest looking piece of floor I've ever seen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement