Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I have to bring Dude to the vet today for a check up after being sick last week, feeling so bad about having to load him into the car on such a hot day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ahh, at least he's coming home with you again today:)

I rang up and told them that he's been fine since, so I didn't have a drag him back, the car was just too hot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Not a good start to the day :( Was in the park and Bailey found a rotten, stinking bone in the bushes. Couldn't get close enough to put his lead on and he kept running away from me until he was eventually in the river where he knew I couldn't get to him!! I was late for work and just stressed out now doubting myself! :( Looks like it's either back to muzzling/keeping him on lead/avoiding the area completely from now on. I had been muzzling him but my friends made me feel guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Dropped two of the dogs off at kennels for two nights and a bit worried about them. Lexi loves other dogs and would be afraid she'd get so excited and not rest in this heat. I hope they keep a good eye on them and keep them inside a good bit. So easy worry about them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I hear ya TillyGirl, we're going to Mumford and Sons tomorrow so we just dropped Ollie off earlier with a lady who does pet sitting and she seems lovely and the dogs basically have the house converted for them but I can't help be a bit anxious :D It doesn't help that he's a neurotic weirdo of a dog who also happens to have separation anxiety issues!

We just got back from the cinema (decided to make the most of our freedom this evening) and the house is shocking lonely without him :( Even though he'd normally just be curled up in his bed you'd miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh ya its horrible without them at home, absolutely hate being in the house without them Far too quiet. You're in galway aren't you? Where did you find home boarding? I know one really good one but she's near Cong so too far if going east.

Mine have the opposite of separation anxiety, they love being away. Never stressed coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

tk123 wrote: »
    OOops!! :p

So in the park last night (Bailey running amok making up for last time - much better but still not 100% imo..) we get chatting to a family when my friend mentions the puppy

The Mum - "Lucy did you hear that - this girl is getting a new retriever pup next week!!!. What are you going to call her"
    TK - "Eh.... Lucy?" :p

Their faces lol! Not changing it again - every name you pic is somebody's kids name or other dogs name etc etc!

Haha, that reminds me of the couple I homed the Rottie pup to. They have a Westie called Jessie (who came with that name), and the Rottie pup's name (that she had from the previous owner) is Ruby. It turned out that one half of this couple has two nieces called Jessie and Ruby!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I need all the positive vibes and thoughts sent Beanie's way folks. He's critical in ICU in UCD at the minute. Will fill you in later when I know more. Am sooooooooo worried, I can't lose my little buddy today :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Awww feck Anniehoo :-(
    I hope he's okay, it's just awful, this growing old and sick business. We all know it's going to happen all too soon with our pets, but still, you're never really ready for it.
    Will be sending lots of healing thoughts his way. Let us know when you know more.

• Advertisement

Poor beanie, I hope he is okay, fingers and paws crossed here! x

Ahh no, fingers crossed for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Oh no. I hope Beanie is ok. Sending positive thoughts your way. :(

Oh no poor Beanie!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ah no, poor little Beanie :(
    All fingers, toes, paws & claws crossed for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Poor beanie, hope he's ok. X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

fingers crossed for beanie anniehoo. xx

Nearly lost him...he went into circulatory collapse earlier, but they got him back. He's critical but stable...and i am banjaxed!!!! I will fill you in tomorrow WHEN he's ok, cos im so tired and drained. Think Beanie thoughts tonight folks ...he's my little buddy xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here for you. Remember to take good care of yourself as well, you will need all your strength.

It's strange, normally when I am sick with the same thing as I have now Peach gets very protective of me, but now Dude is taking over her duties. He hasn't left my chest for the whole day bar a few mins to eat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I hope you both rest well tonight, anniehoo. x x x x

Kind of a 1 step forward 2 steps back deal with Felix and Toby over the past week. Our front and back doors are directly opposite each other so if we leave them propped open it lets a nice cool draught through for the cats. Toby has started lying inside the back door on the mat, which is fine until Felix wants in and the huffing and wailing from Felix starts, he won't just walk around him:rolleyes: On the plus side Jazzy seems to have mostly accepted that Toby is here to stay and is trying to get him to play chase with him, Toby is a bit edgy yet though.

I was watching Jazzy and Toby out on the green at the front of our house last night and black puss who we'd been trying to trap(now called Oscar) appeared from a nearby housing estate. Well Toby took off after him like a bat out of Hell. I didn't think they got into a fight until we woke to howling at 5.40am. I went down and Toby was inside the garden gate, Oscar was outside of it and Toby wasn't letting him in. Toby's ear is sticky with blood today but nothing major.

Thanks for all your well wishes, it's been an exhausting and upsetting day. The "good" outcome has been it seems an aneurysm burst in his neck and there was literally nothing anyone could have done :o He got the best of care all day yesterday and they fought so hard to save him. There were no warnings or symptoms so there was nothing i could've looked out for etc. it was just one of those things ;);)

:mad: So I had heard there was a 'husky' in the park running around playing and that 2 guys came along and started beating the crap out of it a few times.. So this evening up ahead there's the husky mix playing with another dog and the local scumbag's kids are kicking and punching it until they've wrestled it to the ground - some kicking and one of them yanking her tail. I couldn't believe my eyes - I actually asked the others is that a dog they have under them kicking - is that a tail he's pulling?! A couple of people started shouting at them to stop - of course the denied it said she doesn't listen and won't come back - I wonder why? Just fuming over it.

Agh the itchy cat has returned :( the vet warned us last year that peaches dermatitis could be a yearly thing but it hasn't come on as early as last year so we were getting hopeful but then I spotted this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh anniehoo, did I read that correctly? You lost Beanie?

Poor Beanie :( I didn't read the post yesterday correctly and didn't realize he was gone. ;'(

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh anniehoo, did I read that correctly? You lost Beanie?
    tk123 wrote: »
    Poor Beanie :( I didn't read the post yesterday correctly and didn't realize he was gone. ;'(

Oh sorry, I posted over in the Departed Pets thread. Yeah, Beanie's gone :( totally gutted, he was such a great little fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I read that wrong as well, I thought he was going to be ok:(.
    So sorry Anniehoo.
    RIP Beanie.x

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry you've lost poor Beanie, it's never easy to lose them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement