Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My place is faaaaaar too quiet and far too clean without Beanie and Zaffy :o I absolutely hate it!!! I'm not going to last too long without adopting another pet that's for sure. I was collecting a crate at a rescue place earlier today and it took all my strength not to leave with a kitten :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

anniehoo wrote: »
    My place is faaaaaar too quiet and far too clean without Beanie and Zaffy :o I absolutely hate it!!! I'm not going to last too long without adopting another pet that's for sure. I was collecting a crate at a rescue place earlier today and it took all my strength not to leave with a kitten :p

A few weeks after my cat died we went to DSPCA and picked out two kittens...then came home and realized we weren't ready for another cat :(..then suddenly we had baby Bailey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

You can borrow dude for a day if you like, he'll get those notions out of your head :P

We have to bring peach to the vet tomorrow, her itchyness is just getting so bad. She is allergic to the summer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well, 1st day of petsitting today, have 2 dogs staying for the week, making 4 in total! Thankfully they all know each other, but its interesting to watch the dynamics. Currently rusty, the eldest is outside staying out of the way, the boxer is panned out asleep but the 2 terriers are sussing each other out. My lady is currently trying to steal the others food, and the other visitor is trying to get as close to me as possible which is seriously annoying my lady.
    Going to be an interesting week, thank heavens both the terriers have crates, makes it a bit easier to separate them if necessary, as I have an open plan kitchen and living room so no separating them that way!

You can borrow dude for a day if you like, he'll get those notions out of your head :P
    :D I would LOVE to! Ah seriously, the apartment is too quiet it's freaking me out a bit. I've been keeping busy all week until today really, so not having any furry faces around is not fun. I may look into cat fostering now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I know of lots of kittens at the moment....
    Just saying :D

Oooh Dude made his first catch this morning! He is so proud of himself. Well when I say catch, he found a fledgling that had fallen and was already dead, but we won't tell him that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Toby started playing with toys this morning, it might not sound like much but a few days ago he was terrified of any toy except his catnip fish. He found a crinkle ball and started throwing it around, so I gave him a tinfoil ball and he was in his element throwing it up and down the hall while Felix and Jazzy watched from the back door step. That was 6.30am, who needs sleep:D

The other morning we'd the back door open for Toby to come back in and Felix was in bed with us using my knee as a pillow:rolleyes:, Felix jumped off the bed and went to the bedroom door all alert, when I looked Oscar, the black cat we're supposed to be taming or tnr'ing was peeking around the top of the stairs at me. Felix let out a hiss at him and he ran out the door. I didn't see that side of his face but Mr P saw it the day before and says his ear and the area behind it look very raw and sore. Been like that for months now and we can't get hold of him, at least he's getting food:(

Try giving him a bell off of a cat collar, they are the one toy Cream will go bananas for!! He's an expert footballer ;)

I had Dude in bed with me this morning, and he was kneading along my jaw and since then my wisdom tooth has been aching like mad, little fecker made it start growing again! :P

So the puppy is fine but will be on the antibiotics until Friday to be safe - the waiting is killing me!

• Advertisement

Oooh Dude made his first catch this morning! He is so proud of himself. Well when I say catch, he found a fledgling that had fallen and was already dead, but we won't tell him that :P

Just a word on this, I like reading this thread for all the kind of updates on various animals and I'm not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone but I don't think people should be encouraging cats to catch birds, I know they have a high prey drive and are basically built for hunting but I don't agree with it, songbird population in my area is destroyed thanks to the neighborhood cats.
    Apologies if I'm off the mark here.

Just a word on this, I like reading this thread for all the kind of updates on various animals and I'm not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone but I don't think people should be encouraging cats to catch birds, I know they have a high prey drive and are basically built for hunting but I don't agree with it, songbird population in my area is destroyed thanks to the neighborhood cats.
    Apologies if I'm off the mark here.

Just on this, my cats have bells on and they never catch birds, this one was already dead I saw it yesterday. They only really catch mice on a semi regular basis!

Yey, Toby jumped up on my lap and had a snooze for about half an hour this evening. The Zyklene pills have calmed Felix down a lot, not entirely, but enough to make Toby feel more at ease. Toby came back this afternoon and has been here since. He was here for an hour after breakfast. He's starting to see here as home again and is standing his ground with Felix's murderous glares. He had some tuna in spring water too and he loves his tuna.

I'm delighted to see him so relaxed on a kitchen chair, he prefers one at the table now, so he can sprawl out, he's very lanky:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We have a home check this weekend from the nice charity people to find a doggy friend :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

She's gorgeous TK, when are you getting her? :D

TillyGirl wrote: »
    She's gorgeous TK, when are you getting her? :D

Collected her at lunchtime :D figured since she was fine since 11:00pm on Friday we should take her and start training while I was off work instead of waiting until the end of the week. I mistook the breeder on Fri - the other pup who was sick had the runs and was getting sick a few weeks ago - our baby just had a temperature! We're headed to our vets in half and hour for a check-up so we'll see what she thinks.

Oh how exciting TK! I hope herself and bailey become the best of friends :D

Ohhh she's a beaut TK, get a little video clip of her with Bailey later to show us the cuteness in full effect :D

Toby's been on the armchair in the kitchen since about 7am, only leaves the house to get a drink of water in the garden and then goes back to his armchair. I think it's safe to say he's moved in permanently.:) The only thing that's concerning me is that his eyes are a little watery. One slightly more than the other. He's sleeping most of the time, although I'm not sure if thats lethargy or if he's just enjoying the novelty of not having to wander the steets 24 hours a day, like he has done for the past 2 years.

I'll keep an eye on him and make sure there's nothing sinister going on. I don't really want to stress him out with a vet trip so soon.

• Advertisement

Ohhh she's a beaut TK, get a little video clip of her with Bailey later to show us the cuteness in full effect :D

Well unfortunately communications have broken down since she tried to get milk off him and gave him a fright :P I'm sure he'll be fine in a few days though lol !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »
    Well unfortunately communications have broken down since she tried to get milk off him and gave him a fright :P I'm sure he'll be fine in a few days though lol !

Do you mean that she tried to get milk from Bailey's, erm, *nipple*?
    That happened some years ago here, I had a litter of pups born here a few days after taking momma from the pound. One of them was deaf.
    He went up to my not-terribly-tolerant male westie and, well, he latched on to Westie's *nipple*, much to the utter outrage of Westiepants, who growled and snarled.... But of course, poor lil deaf pup could not hear all these warnings!
    Poor little guy. I'm sure he must've ended up with a lifelong wariness of little white dogs!

DBB wrote: »
    Do you mean that she tried to get milk from Bailey's, erm, *nipple*?
    That happened some years ago here, I had a litter of pups born here a few days after taking momma from the pound. One of them was deaf.
    He went up to my not-terribly-tolerant male westie and, well, he latched on to Westie's *nipple*, much to the utter outrage of Westiepants, who growled and snarled.... But of course, poor lil deaf pup could not hear all these warnings!
    Poor little guy. I'm sure he must've ended up with a lifelong wariness of little white dogs!

Lol! No she was just putting her head up at his tummy but at one stage yesterday he was standing with one of his legs up in the air so she may have latched on lol! :p She jumped onto his tail yesterday when he was asleep and gave him a fright - if we brushed off his tail when he was asleep he'd jump sky high so he's a bit unsure of her now. He won't let her cuddle up to him yet but he's asleep on the floor a few feet from her crate and wagged his tail at her this morning so he's warming up to her I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Awwww, that's so cute.
    Tiffi tried getting milk from Oliver the first day she was with us, the big freak acted like she was trying to kill him. Thankfully within 3 hours she was in his bed with him, we got him a new big bed as he'd grown out of the puppy bed, but he stayed in the little one for about a week.
    Therewere2inthebed.jpg

God, I'm weary today. Toby stayed in last night, well til about 4ish anyway. Felix's chill pills wore off a few hours before that:rolleyes:, so I ended up staying up til 6am to keep the peace, well I couldn't just put Toby out of the house and while his chip is scanned into the catflap he hasn't used the flap yet and I want Felix to be a bit more used to him in the house before I start showing Toby how to use the flap.

Toby has a fixation with Felix for some reason, he just wants to follow him everywhere, but Felix isn't having any of it. At one point I found myself sitting at the kitchen table reading, with Felix asleep in the cat bed I'd put on the table and Toby asleep on the armchair, while I got bottom ache sitting on a hard wooden chair, I bought a seat cushion today:D

Cream has been awfully spoiled today, he managed to sneak in past my mum today so spent his whole day concked out upstairs. When he eventually came down again he cuddled up on my chest like he used to when he was a kitten and groomed me, so then I took him out and groomed him too, (with a brush, not like how he was doing it!!) and it's such a miserable day today I left down a bowl of cat milk and gave each of them a tin of applaws. Spoiled little things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

How did your first night with Lucy go TK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Henry's box just got destroyed in the rain, my mum even ran out to try and save it but we were too late. Think we're going to build him his own little kennel of some sort so he has some space of his own that won't disintegrate in the rain!

Also Jake was up for his first vaccinations since his liver failure earlier this year and the vet said he's healthier than he's seen him in years, and refused to take payment for his boosters!

The difference in the quality of various catnips is astonishing. Over the years we bought all sorts of catnip toys, a lot of which had very little on it judging by our cats lack of interest in them. Then we found toy mice in loose catnip which they love and these foot long catnip filled toy fish that they go nuts for. We bought an ounce of the Kong loose catnip and some other toys that I'd put up in a kitchen cupboard and hadn't opened yet.

Felix was sitting looking up and sniffing the air and trying to climb up to the cupboard and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out he could smell it and was going nuts to get at it. I've never seen him go as nuts for catnip as he does with that one. It's so strong that we've had to seal the plastic bag it's in inside a plastic tub to calm them down:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Tonight I learned, Mille does NOT like thunder and lightning. Just went down to the kitchen there and brought her up to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement