Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

tk123 wrote: »

Yup, that's the one! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Good luck dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Rang the vets there, Poppy's still really groggy from her op but they said it went well Thank goodness, I've been such a worried mammy all day at work :P

Funny thing happened this morning: I went downstairs before work and Cinnamon was sitting at the window, tail wagging madly so I looked out the window expecting to see birds in the grass, but no, it was our current cat visitor standing up like a Mercat(?) on his hind legs staring in at Cinnamon. It's like a kitty love story unfolding right before me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rang the vets there, Poppy's still really groggy from her op but they said it went well Thank goodness, I've been such a worried mammy all day at work :P

Funny thing happened this morning: I went downstairs before work and Cinnamon was sitting at the window, tail wagging madly so I looked out the window expecting to see birds in the grass, but no, it was our current cat visitor standing up like a Mercat(?) on his hind legs staring in at Cinnamon. It's like a kitty love story unfolding right before me :P

Ah glad she's ok - that few seconds where they put you on hold to find out how they are always freaks me out!t

So miss Lucy gave a little cry about 45 mins after we went to bed (she'd just been out to the loo)...and nothing until after 6 this morning!! :eek: I hope it stays that way! :D

Ah glad she's ok - that few seconds where they put you on hold to find out how they are always freaks me out!t

Oh stop, it was horrible, my OH made the call and they said they'd find out and give him a call back... 45 minutes later, no word we were panicking, thinking the worst had happened :o
    My OH said Cinnamons been wandering around the house meowing, looking for her sister.
    The vets rang him there to confirm a pick up time and asked for me, and he said he almost turned around and said "I'm Poppys father" but changed it to owner because he thought they might find it a bit strange :pac:

Wee Lucy sounds so well behaved at nights, she could certainly teach my two a few things!

SillyMango, any word on Dude yet? Hope his op went ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I ring them about an hour ago and he is doing good so I can collect him in an hour! It is so nervewracking, even though on placement I saw neutering going on every day and didn't bat an eyelid it's so different when it's your own pet! I always used to take down the pets details so I would have them on hand when the owners rang the clinic, less panic attacks on the owners behalfs then :D

Just got Dude home, he doesn't seem overly bothered by his lack of balls but keeps dragging his butt along the ground! I just registered his microchip and get a free bag of cat food for doing it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm glad Poppy and Dude are ok, it's always such a worry when you've left them at the vet, I don't know, time seems to slow down while you're waiting for news. I stayed up last night to see what goes on with my 3 at night, not a lot until about 3am:rolleyes: Felix was fine with Toby yesterday but Jazzy walloped Toby at about 5am for playing with a toy mouse, I feel like I've got 3 toddlers at the moment.

All was calm this afternoon so I slipped out to feed Summer and pal. I was only gone for about 15 minutes, got back to find Toby with a scratched nose sitting outside the back gate while Jazzy sat looking at him, Felix was in the living room so it could have been either of them that did it. I've got Toby booked at the vet for Wednesday morning for a check up and first vaccinations.

Finally home with my baby. I had to work 10 hours today and it felt like 20 worrying about her :(
    Shes very, very subdued, but she was very happy to see me when I got home... lots of kisses!

Poor Toby, I'm so glad he's enjoying more house time even if things sometimes go a bit unsettled at times! What is your long term plan for Summer and pal?

So I decided to put a bowl of food out in case Cinnamons friend came by again. Instead of him, out of the bushes (from Georges spot) comes this super skinny, but super muscley black cat that I've never seen before. He ate some food then skulked back to Georges spot. Put out some more food and then Cinnamons friend came along to have some food too.
    The amount of stray kitties here is really upsetting. I thought Cinnamons friend (we call him Morrisey) might have been a cat from down the road we seen a few weeks ago, but that cat wears a collar and I checked tonight and Morrisey is collar-free. Very, very small though, black cat was easily twice his size. Morrisey is the cat I always wondered was a George relative. I hope that's not the case after George ending up being so sick :/

• Advertisement

At least a steady supply of food will keep them going, Felix made a habit of 'losing' his collars. Somewhere in the neighbourhood there must be a collection of them under a bush or something, so it might just be that the black cat has lost his collar.

I find it hard sometimes to tell the difference in a very young cat and a stray. Summer is very small and thin, but it might be that she's under a year old, I don't know. She seems to be hanging around between 2 blocks of flats as opposed to being in the woods lately. When my Husband spotted the other little cat he came back the same way from the shopping centre with some extra food in case she'd left none for this cat, but he said there was loads of food still in the bowl, so she must be getting some food elsewhere too.

I saw a very well maintained black and white cat sitting on a ground floor balcony area, obviously its an indoor/outdoor cat. I'm wondering if maybe this is the mother cat and they're left out during the day and are maybe only less than a year old or whether they're both just strays and the adult cat is someone else's. I keep hoping to run into someone who owns them. Not sure what I'm gonna do long term, other than feed them and see what happens.

Zzzzzz waiting all day for a new crate to be delivered and starting to give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Did the soft sided one not work out? I was half thinking of getting on for my holiday in October. I don't trust Henry unsupervised in a strange house, but don't fancy lugging his metal one around again!

Did the soft sided one not work out? I was half thinking of getting on for my holiday in October. I don't trust Henry unsupervised in a strange house, but don't fancy lugging his metal one around again!

I need a metal one for a while in the kitchen until Lucy is house trained or to confine her when needed eg at mealtimes - she'll rob Bailey's food and he won't touch hers lol! :p I'm afriad she'll rip the mesh in the soft one too but will switch back in a few months. Still no sign of it - I rang Jebb just after I posted and they said it'd be delivered today but don't think it will at this stage.

My OH was on Poppy minding duty today and I rang him on me break to see if she took her meds without issues and he said that she ate them as if they were a treat, had some breakfast and promptly vomited. I went into full on worry mode, talking about calling the vets to see if we should give her another dosage etc when OH finishes the story: Then she ate her vomit :rolleyes:

Least she fully ingested the meds in the end :pac:

Eww I hate when they eat it :P

Does anyone else have an extremely dribbley cat? Dude is driving me mental, in the last month he has on obsession with kneading my face, neck and chest which I have absolutely no problem with, I actually love my massages from him :P but when he's doing it he drools all over me! My Tshirt and/or pillow are always drenched after. The only time he dribbles is when he's kneading! In sick of being drenched :P

Does anyone else have an extremely dribbley cat? Dude is driving me mental, in the last month he has on obsession with kneading my face, neck and chest which I have absolutely no problem with, I actually love my massages from him :P but when he's doing it he drools all over me! My Tshirt and/or pillow are always drenched after. The only time he dribbles is when he's kneading! In sick of being drenched :P
    Felix is the same, usually my Husband tries to get a cushion on his lap before Felix pounces on him, he's a hefty pussy cat and you know all about it when he's tenderising you. Only really does that with my Husband, very rarely with me, he prefers to sleep on the back of my knees at night though:D

So my crate never arrived and the vet called this evening about Bailey's blood tests. Some of the results were higher than normal so she wanted to check it was ok to request more tests to see if he has pancreatitis and he may have to get more blood drawn which will be stressful for all involved :( I lasted 2 hours before googling after I said I wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Aw poor Bailey fingers crossed its nothing serious. Its all such a worry isn't it. Hope Lucy is doing well?

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Aw poor Bailey fingers crossed its nothing serious. Its all such a worry isn't it. Hope Lucy is doing well?

They're both doing great. He had a little play with her today and isn't as jumpy when she dives on him lol! :)

• Advertisement

Eeek , Hope Bailey's ok and it's nothing major. Crossing all my fingers for him!

I'm on Poppy minding duty today and I thought she was going to be sleepy and sore but no, shes already attempted running around the house at top speed, playfighting with her sister and even standing on her find legs trying to pull her lead down for walkies :rolleyes:
    I'll have to upload a video later of their playfighting, it's quite funny to watch :P
    She gulped down her meds like they were treats again. Cinnamon could really learn something from her - when we give her meds she'll take them, pretend to swallow them then she walks away and spits them out behind the tv or somewhere where she thinks we won't find them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Dribbley puss here too!
    Jake drools terribly, never seen a cat drool so much, he also purrs really loud, so loud there's a squeak to it, cute but not so cute at 4am. (or when the purr is accompanied by the drool...on your face or in your ear! :eek: )

Tk, i hope bailey is ok, poor boy.

Vet will call tomorrow - hopefully they had enough blood and have results for her tomorrow. He's fine - well fine in that he hasn't been showing any symptoms and isn't acting stick or anything so we'll see what she says tomorrow. I was waiting all day yesterday for the crate (didn't arrive until today) so answered the phone thinking it was the courier so the vet caught me off guard. My with me at the time and knew something was wrong.
    Anyhoos in other news - Lucy had a play date with my friend's dog - well when I say the dog it was more my friend wanting to see her and squeal lol - she (Lucy) was sitting at the door for a while and I didn't realise she was telling me something...then weeeeeeeeee all over the mat - the shame! :p Bailey had a game with her yesterday and this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hope it's nothing serious TK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My kitten Blue tends to get a bit drooly when shes mashing her face off mine every morning :D its always accompanied by loud purring and meowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I'm fostering a pair of shih tzu sisters for a local rescue at the moment. They were dumped over a wall with a note stating their names, ages and that they couldn't look after them any more. There was loads of interest in them, even with their 'before' pic, where their coats were totally overgrown and matted, and they look fantastic now that they've been groomed so they'll get a good home as soon as they're healthy and ready to go.

They were intact and the rescue decided rather than to wait for a heat cycle to see where they were at to just get them spayed straightaway, so they went in this morning. Turns out they had both had a litter in the past 6 months:(, and who knows, they're 3 years old, it may not have been their first.:(

Most of the time I can try and look with an open mind at people who want to rehome their pets, even when they're dumped, you think, who knows, the owners might have been in dire straits financially but then when you find out they were breeding machines rather than pets it just makes my blood boil. At least they're only 3, so they've a decent life ahead of them now and they'll be rehomed together as they're very attached to each other.

That smiley shouldn't be at the top of the post, must have hit it by accident. It's more of an angry/upset face post. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^Changed it there for ya :D

Posted in the other thread but he needs to get an ultrasound to see what's going on. They're going to find something dodgy I just know it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Posted in the other thread but he needs to get an ultrasound to see what's going on. They're going to find something dodgy I just know it :(

Fingers crossed for you and Bailey. I've no experience with pancreatitis but it sounds like it is manageable, from the posts on my thread. Still, I know you probably dread the whole thought of going through more vet visits...I completely empathise, my big boy is terrifed at the vets.
    Hopefully it won't be anything too serious. Things like this are such a worry. At least with that particular vet practice he is in very good hands.

• Advertisement

mosi wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you and Bailey. I've no experience with pancreatitis but it sounds like it is manageable, from the posts on my thread. Still, I know you probably dread the whole thought of going through more vet visits...I completely empathise, my big boy is terrifed at the vets.
    Hopefully it won't be anything too serious. Things like this are such a worry. At least with that particular vet practice he is in very good hands.

Hopefully they can do it on tues. I work close enough to the branch they'll do it in so don't have to worry about getting time off and I can keep myself busy in work to keep my mind off it. I'll have to say he's going to daycare - my mum will get too upset if I tell her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement