Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Joyce, head of Qantas - "an old Irish bomb maker".

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

ambasite wrote: »
    Firebrand Liberal Senator Bill Heffernan has called the Irish-born head of Qantas, Alan Joyce, "an old Irish bomb maker".

A bit OTT??

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/25/3148810.htm

I think that's f*cking disgraceful ... he wouldn't say that if he was muslim

That f*cking gets my goat.
    Very surprised at Alan Joyce, a few months ago he got an apology from a paper for taking the p*ss out of his accent

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

I see this "Senator Bill Heffernan" is a right nutter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLGE4UZ2ZBhpI7Wk3X-tAPu_mtzlszwW5CXgY-C24TNUoogPJygA

He also called
    Julia Gillard "deliberately barren".

Everyone should leave him a message about what you think of him at

http://www.billheffernan.com.au/Contact.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

mandrake04 wrote: »
    mandrake's stupid comment

You might want to consider editing your post and removing a bit as it's not all that funny

quoting it doesn't help much either. Leave the modding to the pro's and just report anything you find objectionable in future. Quoted text removed by mikedraogn32

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Ozeire wrote: »
    You might want to consider editing your post and removing a bit as it's not all that funny

You are right, I shouldnt really joke about that... I dont know them all only a few.

And thats the truth. Deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

hussey wrote: »
    Very surprised at Alan Joyce, a few months ago he got an apology from a paper for taking the p*ss out of his accent

Very surprised in what way? In the way he casually laughed off the remark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

What a twat.. Heffernan.. An irish surname right there, he obviously doesn't think much of his ancestors! I really don't understand how people like this get elected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Because the rest of us dont run.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

This is COMPLETELY disgusting, inapropriate and just down right unacceptable!
    I really think as it happened in parliment that the Irish government should be making an official complaint to the Australian government!

Could you imagine the reaction if someone refered to an Australian in a similar way with reference to the convict ships????

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

ambasite wrote: »
    Firebrand Liberal Senator Bill Heffernan has called the Irish-born head of Qantas, Alan Joyce, "an old Irish bomb maker".

A bit OTT??

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/25/3148810.htm

Jesus, Alan Joyce could that like a little bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ozeire wrote: »
    I see this "Senator Bill Heffernan" is a right nutter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLGE4UZ2ZBhpI7Wk3X-tAPu_mtzlszwW5CXgY-C24TNUoogPJygA

He also called

Everyone should leave him a message about what you think of him at

http://www.billheffernan.com.au/Contact.aspx
    done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Very surprised in what way? In the way he casually laughed off the remark?

Yes, the last time someone made a remark about his accent, he complained to press authority, they investigated it and received an apology

http://www.irishecho.com.au/tag/alan-joyce

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

I just received a phone call from Senator Bill Heffernan!

It was not f*ck you you pr*ck message rather a well constructed expression of disappointment at his actions etc. (EDIT) the email I sent him through his contact page!

Anyway I left my details (address, mobile number etc) and he just called me! He asked me what offended me just regurgitated my email to him about it being friendly banter from his perspective, it is a stigma attached to us Irish that offends people. I also said it was disappointing from someone from clear Irish descent - he said his family came over in 1846 and he would consider himself Irish.

He said he was disappointed it was not taken in the manner he intended it and if I can't take a bit of banter I'm in the wrong country. I did respond and say that I can take it but this was below the belt.

We agreed to disagree to an extent but I did thank him for the phone call which I thought was a little unexpected and he did apologise that it offended me and some other people. He then said if he can ever do anything for me to let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

What ever you do, don't mention Ned Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Diddler82 wrote: »
    He then said if he can ever do anything for me to let me know!

Ask him for funding for an Aussie boards pub crawl, tell him we need the money for rounds of B-52 Bombers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Or a few Irish car bombs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

2812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

PMSL MC

Advertisement