Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gerard Pique appreciation thread.

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

so I've never said Milan have no decent full backs?

I've never said that we lack a top class keeper?

I've never said that we need a lot of investment in midfield and defence to compete in europe.

I never said we need to stop signing stop gap older players like Yepes, van Bommel this season, favali before That...

I've never said Milan haven't managed to replace kaka and will struggle to do so until Berlusconi stops buying older players on stupid wages?

I never said it was a disgrace how Leonardo was treated last season.

Must have imagined that so...

no, sure all I do is talk about how great they are.

Now, get back into the superthreads for your circlejerk session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Seaneh wrote: »
    so I've never said Milan have no decent full backs?

I've never said that we lack a top class keeper?

I've never said that we need a lot of investment in midfield and defence to compete in europe.

I never said we need to stop signing stop gap older players like Yepes, van Bommel this season, favali before That...

I've never said Milan haven't managed to replace kaka and will struggle to do so until Berlusconi stops buying older players on stupid wages?

I never said it was a disgrace how Leonardo was treated last season.

Must have imagined that so...

no, sure all I do is talk about how great they are.

Now, get back into the superthreads for your circlejerk session.

The point is when you talk about how great they are you wildly exaggerate to a laughable degree. I'd tell you to back into the Serie A thread for a Meelan circle jerk but sadly you'd be w*nking on your own.

oh no... The club I support doesn't have many supporters in this country, woe is me, I can't belong to a tribal group of plebs whos emotional well being relies on the results of a sporting fixture of which has no actual relevance to their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Take no notice of this Seaneh

Nesta still is a great CB and would make in to my top 10 along with Chiellini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Oh I am loving this

Popcorn-BigSetTop_resize.bmp

oh no... The club I support doesn't have many supporters in this country, woe is me, I can't belong to a tribal group of plebs whos emotional well being relies on the results of a sporting fixture of which has no actual relevance to their lives.

Heh, are we back to the "I don't relly care if Meelan win or lose" line of arguing again? Course you don't, but you get all butt sore when someone dare suggest Nesta at 34 might be on the wane. Gimme a break, you're a parody of yourself at this stage.

player in mid 30's in not as quick or fit as he used to be shocker.

Someone, quick, alert reuters!

For a player who almost retired because of back problems 3 seasons ago, he's in amazing form, especially at his age. And yet again, this has been one of his best seasons for milan,

Of course he's not as good as he was at 29/30. Nobody is (except Samuel, who peaked, last season, at the tender age of 32). But saying he's 'a shadow' of the player he was is nonsense. He's still one of the best around and has been, bar the season he was injured, for over a decade.
    When he retires, which may well be this season, he will be remembered as one of the best ball playing centrehalves of the last 20 odd years and one of the best Serie A has ever seen.

This season he's been phenomenal, as good a season as he's ever had. And of course I'm going to call people on bull**** posts. If someone said Carvalho or Ferdinand or samuel or Lucio were past it, I'd do the same. Being in your Mid 30's as a CB, especially when you're as good as those players, doesn't actually make that much of a difference. Their reading odd the game makes up for lost pace,

Someday you'll take those rose-tinted glasses off seaneh. Jesus like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

oh no... The club I support follow doesn't have many supporters in this country, woe is me, I can't belong to a tribal group of plebs whos emotional well being relies on the results of a sporting fixture of which has no actual relevance to their lives.

FYP.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    FYP.
    I go to games, paying money for tickets to do so. I buy jersies, not every season, but fairly regularly.

I'd count that as supporting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Headshot wrote: »
    Take no notice of this Seaneh

Nesta still is a great CB and would make in to my top 10 along with Chiellini.

Nobody said Nesta was bad, in fact I said the opposite. All I was saying is that he has become merely a top defender, whereas in 2000-2002 he was well, well ahead of the pack.

Advertisement