Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish in Drogheda

Options
  • 25-02-2011 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have recomendations for where to buy fresh fish in Drogheda?

Are there any fish wholesalers in the area or along the the north east coast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

There are two fish shops in Drogheda, the one on Laurences Street is the best, very clean and good selection of fresh stock every day.

I think there is a fish shop in clogherhead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

There's a lad who works out of a container on the harbour in Balbriggan. I go down to him everysooften. If you give him 20 quid you usually come away with a lot more than you get from a mongers. Last time I got 3 hake, 4 plaice, 2 cod and a big bag of prawns (all fish filleted). PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Helmet wrote: »
    There's a lad who works out of a container on the harbour in Balbriggan.

Ironic or what? I'm from Balbriggan and my wife goes to the shop on Laurence Street every time she's in the town. Good range of locally caught fish from their own boats in Clogherhead I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JaneyJ

There's a great shop down at the Harbour in Clogherhead. Lovely people & very fresh fish

Advertisement