Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iss shuttle pass saturday 26th Feb

Options
  • 25-02-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

ISS passes from sw horizon to e horizon saturday;
    rises 18:33:10 max elevation 18:37:55 sets 18:40:40
    more interestingly
    sts133 is ~30s behind it. Also the sky should be clear.
    the shuttle docks at 19:16, before they both pass again rising at 20:08:44 and passing into shadow at 20:12:53

see www.calsky.com for more details

regards
    Calchas
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

calchas wrote: »
    ISS passes from sw horizon to e horizon saturday;
    rises 18:33:10 max elevation 18:37:55 sets 18:40:40
    more interestingly
    sts133 is ~30s behind it. Also the sky should be clear.
    the shuttle docks at 19:16, before they both pass again rising at 20:08:44 and passing into shadow at 20:12:53

see www.calsky.com for more details

regards
    Calchas
    Should be beautiful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

sweet man thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hoping for clear skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 call_mea_matt

Hi lads! Here are visibility predictions for next 2 weeks: iss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Saw it thanks to this thread- thanks a mill! Discovery was 30s behind it but flashed out of sight after a few seconds? Must have gone into shadow or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭calchas

Saw it thanks to this thread- thanks a mill! Discovery was 30s behind it but flashed out of sight after a few seconds? Must have gone into shadow or something?

I saw that flare as well, but I think that was more than 30s behind the track. Also I checked calsky after and it had the shuttle only 1 s behind, Which makes good sense for a docking at 19:16.

Not looked into the flare yet (I may have it on image) but it was a very short and bright one.

Advertisement