Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canvassing on Election Day

Options
  • 25-02-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Morning all,

Stephen Donnelly was canvassing at Greystones Dart Station this morn, is this allowed? I thought there was a moratoruim on this from yesterday?Just wondering, i voted for him so i hope im wrong, i tried googling it and couldnt really find anything.. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No media reporting allowed, not sure about the direct canvassing.

Though this does not apply to the papers (full of political BS this morning) or all the advertising that seems to be online today...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

I think it only applies to broadcast media

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

No media reporting allowed, not sure about the direct canvassing.

Though this does not apply to the papers (full of political BS this morning) or all the advertising that seems to be online today...

Yeah front and back page of the metro was a huge Labour advert! Maybe its petty but this really annoys me, its just 'cute whoorism', one of the reasons this countries in this mess and shows a real lack of integrity i think. I dunno maybe im just being pettty..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Yeah media is banned from 2pm yesterday. Cavassing is allowed but i think they arent allowed outside polling centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yeah front and back page of the metro was a huge Labour advert! Maybe its petty but this really annoys me, its just 'cute whoorism', one of the reasons this countries in this mess and shows a real lack of integrity i think. I dunno maybe im just being pettty..
    As opposed to FF's front page ad on yesterday's Metro which was designed to look like the actual front page with "news" articles praising Micheal Martin and FF with smaller "reports" down the margin slagging each of the other parties' policies.

THAT is cute hoorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

As opposed to FF's front page ad on yesterday's Metro which was designed to look like the actual front page with "news" articles praising Micheal Martin and FF with smaller "reports" down the margin slagging each of the other parties' policies.

THAT is cute hoorism.

Nothing less than id expect from them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's allowed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement