Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city photowalk - calling all photographers

• 25-02-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭

A photowalk is being organised around Limerick on Sat 12th March. As can be seen by the popularity of the two photograpghy threads here in the Limerick forum this walk should attract a lot local photographers.

More details on the photography forum or on photowalk.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Bumping this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Forgot to say on the other fourm, I'll put it up there too - I wont be registering on Photowalk most likely, but I will be taking part :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Can anyone take part? I don't have a good camera but I'd love to tag along

Can anyone take part? I don't have a good camera but I'd love to tag along

I haven't a clue but I cant see why not, you could send a pm to deneenp (check his username) over on the photography forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Also send an email to the Chairman of the Limerick Camera Club - they meet on Wednesday evenings in Mary I and he would say it to Club members.

Contact details here - I am the Treasurer :)

http://www.limerickcameraclub.ie/cms/home/contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Really looking forward to this, thanks for the heads up.

There's a new thread on the walk itself after being started over on the photography forum.

People might want to keep an eye on it for updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭dinneenp

phog wrote: »
    I haven't a clue but I cant see why not, you could send a pm to deneenp (check his username) over on the photography forum.

Hi,
    Anyone can attend, just turn up. The more the merrier.
    If anyone wants my mobile in case they're late etc. just PM me.

I e-mailed all the local photography clubs that I could find (a few in Tipp, Limerick, Galway, Shannon).
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 afewscoops

Im interested i will know later in the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Would love to take part in this but I'm up in Galway that day taking pictures of a sport event. Can't wait to see the pics you guys get and I hope you get a good turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I'd love to go but i'm in scotland for the weekend

The organiser is hopeful that we can get access to the balcony on the Strand hotel to get some panoramic photos of the city, would love to get some night time photos from there too. :D

If you haven't already done so and you are interested in tagging along can you drop your name over on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The organiser is hopeful that we can get access to the balcony on the Strand hotel to get some panoramic photos of the city, would love to get some night time photos from there too. :D

If you haven't already done so and you are interested in tagging along can you drop your name over on this thread.

Theres a balcony/smoking area on the 6th floor up the glass elevator, by the meeting rooms that looks over all the north side of the city towards King Johns etc.

Can't wait for this aswell, gonna be fun! Finally get to meet a good few boardsies!

Well a group of about 14 of hit off around town today in poor weather. All in all it was good to meet up.

I wasn't overly impressed with what I shot but I uploaded some of them here

Hopefully, we can try another meet in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well a group of about 14 of hit off around town today in poor weather. All in all it was good to meet up.

I wasn't overly impressed with what I shot but I uploaded some of them here

Hopefully, we can try another meet in the near future.

There not bad at all. Nice work done by all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Where were ye when you took the shot of Thomond Park?

Melion wrote: »
    Where were ye when you took the shot of Thomond Park?

On the roof top balcony of the Strand hotel, the duty manager kindly left us use the place for about 15 minutes. :D

Would love to get up there again for a night time visit.

Advertisement