Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2011

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:00am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Went to it last year and loved it. Really wanna go back but think the people i went with last year might try somewhere else.

Apparently Foo Fighters are rumoured after people thought they would be playing Rock Werchter
    Foo Fighters rumours: We have been negotiating for a very long time with Dave Grohl & co. Unfortunately, Foo Fighters will not play Rock Werchter this year. That now has become clear. The band prefers to fully concentrate on their Milton Keynes shows in England on July 2 and 3. But, there’s good news. Foo Fighters will perform in Belgium mid August. More on that to follow."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

For the weather alone I'd love to go back this year ha, Don't think I will though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Went last year as well. Absolutely great weekend. I'm going to pass on it this year and go somewhere else as I don't like to do the same festival two years in a row.

The weather last year was amazing, if not too hot for my thick Irish blood.. Hanging out in the tea rooms smoking sheesha was great fun in between acts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the heat was great maybe a small bit 2 warm for me and i had regretted not shaving before i left :) .

The only bad thing was the camping where they squeezed every1 in together.

Camping was crazy on Wednesday. We arrived around 6pm and it was a bit of a battle trying to pitch our 4 man, 3 room tent while competing with all the people with pop up tents.
    Later that evening the security were having to remove people trying to camp in the pathways. All a bit surreal with a head full of mushrooms. They opened a second site up the road a bit for the overspill so it was all good in the end.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Camping was crazy on Wednesday. We arrived around 6pm and it was a bit of a battle trying to pitch our 4 man, 3 room tent while competing with all the people with pop up tents.
    Later that evening the security were having to remove people trying to camp in the pathways. All a bit surreal with a head full of mushrooms. They opened a second site up the road a bit for the overspill so it was all good in the end.
    Yea when we found our space we throw all the gear on any empty space so everytime the rope was moved we would keep spreading out till we had enough for about 5 tents :) and then we had a little bit in the middle to congregate

• Advertisement

The system is a pain in the arse but its the fairest way of doing it with the space they have, but my god its the tightest packed campsite i've ever seen at a festival. We had about 3ft sq outside our tent to get sunburned in.

For anybody thinking of going its not as hellish as we make it sound.:) Its a fantastic festival, great atmosphere, The sound quality at the stages is the best I've heard at a festival and the Belgian women are all absolute rides!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wanna go this year!
    Now to beat others into going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I wanna go this year!
    Now to beat others into going

I'll go if you beat me off.

Sold!
    Thats 1.
    Magamahahdhafvsmehead is 2.
    We need more recruits....

Yup i cannot recommend Pukkelpop more. Once you get to Belgium you get free transport with your ticket which is brilliant. When you get off the Train in Hasselt its literally 5 minute walk to the site.

Great crowd aswell even though we seen so many Irish people there. You can buy drink just outside the site because there are people selling Beer/Food in their front Gardens and is so cheap.

Lowlands have announced there 1st bands and some overlap with Pukkelpop

Interpol
    The Wombats
    Fleet Foxes
    ...Residentie Orkest
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Trentemøller (live)
    Jeugd van Tegenwoordig
    Omar Souleyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Went last year, and I'm definitely going again. Booked flights already, worked out about €90 with aer lingus return, although we're doing a few days in Brussels before the festival. Should be a pretty big group heading over this year. It was amazing last year, I'm never going to oxegen again!

I can't wait for the line up to be announced, hopefully it'll be as good as last year!

Anyone find the Blowjob Parlour last year? That area where it was , was great fun . We qued up for some random thing in a room and when he got in there they guy was talking so all 3 of us had no idea what was going on. We ended up have 3 people in a big rubber tyre and pushed into a room to have an imaginary game of Bumper Cars prob the most fun ive had in 1 minute or so. Also they had a wedding parlour which was great fun aswell even though we had no idea what was going on

I would love to go again but doesnt look like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hmm yeh I'd love to go back to it actually, its oxegen with good weather and much much less of the walking/queuing etc. Inside its the usual festival rip off, but its litualy a 5min walk from any of the stages to the main entrance, and just outside the main entrance there are a lot of people in their front gardens selling stuff cheap, you could get cans (33ml ill admit), red bull and hot dogs for as cheap as a euro each there, I use to go out once every hr or 2 and stock up!

The campsite was the only letdown, jammers, and to be honest no real craic! Well when I say craic, I don't mean oxegen knacker crap, but it was totally lifeless in the campsites! Me and my friends got a great reaction with a beer bong ha, everyone thought we were insane! Thank god we made one tho, it was the only way we could drink our stock of strong belgium pils that was 30degs or so ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I kept missing the lunar park but the wedding chapel was great. The naked lady was hawt!!!

Ha yea was just a deadly area. There was a big sign "Meet Fred Durst" so i was like wow then some guy with a blanket over his face was signing (clearly not FD) but we all knew it was great fun

Was there a secret room that you had to go through a portaloo to get to? It was supposedly over by all the food places directly opposite the main stage.

I thought the campsite was great craic. We'd go for a wander and just chat to randomers. People we're mad into us when they heard the Irish accent.:)

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Was there a secret room that you had to go through a portaloo to get to? It was supposedly over by all the food places directly opposite the main stage.

I thought the campsite was great craic. We'd go for a wander and just chat to randomers. People we're mad into us when they heard the Irish accent.:)

My friends found that , Yea was beside the Portoloo's near the Marquee(2nd Stage). You had to take off your shoes and it was really soft floor/carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah Foo Fighters looking very likely now if they're ruled out for Rock Werchter. Also heard Suicidal Tendencies as an early unofficial confirmation which would be great.

Eminem confirmed as a headliner for V Festival. Will we see him at Pukkelpop?

Ooh thanks for that. Hopefully something will be announced tomorrow or over the next week or so. I'm dying with anticipation!

• Advertisement

Last year the lineup was announced the last week in March, so we probably won't get names until next week.

It may seem late but I remember in previous years the first names weren't announced until early May!

First act announcement on the 26th according to their FB

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Chromeo replied to a fan on facebook, said they're playing.

Henry : "I'm from London, I couldn't care less about the Royal Wedding, I do care about a gig being re arranged to a date when I cant come see you, even if I could come and see you, 7 months? I just hope you're playing in Pukkelpop in Belgium, that would make my day a little better."

Chromeo : "Re Henry, we are playing there, as a matter of fact. Shhhh."

Love Chromeo.

First act announcement on the 26th according to their FB

Seems so far away...

http://www.last.fm/festival/1645076+Pukkelpop+2011

Could that be the Line Up?

not bad

Arsenal
    Beth Ditto
    Cage The Elephant
    Crystal Castles
    Death From Above 1979
    Deftones
    dEUS
    Dizzee Rascal
    Ellie Goulding
    Enter Shikari
    Foo Fighters
    Frank Turner
    Friendly Fires
    Glasvegas
    Interpol
    Jane's Addiction
    Kanye West
    Lostprophets
    Madness
    Mark Ronson
    MCR
    Noah and The Whale
    Panic at the Disco
    Plan B
    Razorlight
    Rise Against
    Scouting For Girls
    The horrors
    The Kills
    The Naked and Famous
    The Streets
    The Strokes
    The Vaccines
    The View
    The Wombats
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Warpaint
    You Me At Six

Not sure where they pulled that out of....but I like it

It's a Tuesday, and the site is down... interesting.

It's a Tuesday, and the site is down... interesting.

Its back up with no announcement :(

Every time there's a post in this thread I get excited thinking there's been announcement only to be met by sheer disappointment.

• Advertisement

Panic! At The Disco selfconfirmed in their myspace for 18th august

Advertisement