Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pukkelpop 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

According to the pukkelpop forum foo fighters confirmed in a belgian interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Panic and Foos would definitely interest me anyway. I'm liking it.

Line up announced at 6am tomorrow. Tickets on sale 11am Wednesday.

Edit: I assume that would be 5am and 10am GMT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Timmaay wrote: »
    Me and my friends got a great reaction with a beer bong ha, everyone thought we were insane! Thank god we made one tho, it was the only way we could drink our stock of strong belgium pils that was 30degs or so ha!
    Thats where we made our mistake! No beer bong! That would have been perfect for our boiling hot tinnies!
    We were there last year and We found very little buzz in the campsite but it was great fun smoking a fatty while asking a cop with an attack dog for directions and not a bother on him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

picture2wcm.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Lineup's out. Personally I'm not mad about it at all. Too many bands that I've seen before or just not interested in. The Offspring and Deftones back-to-back is very 2009! And filler headliner dEUS on the Saturday... what the hell is Duck Sauce?

Never seen Eminem before. Out of all of the "big names" he's the only one I'd be really interested in seeing. Suicidal Tendencies are another winner... hopefully they'll pop over to Dublin.

There's also a few bands also down for EP that I'd be interested in but it looks very likely I'll be going to EP this year over Pukkelpop.

Lineup's out. Personally I'm not mad about it at all. Too many bands that I've seen before or just not interested in. The Offspring and Deftones back-to-back is very 2009! And filler headliner dEUS on the Saturday... what the hell is Duck Sauce?

Never seen Eminem before. Out of all of the "big names" he's the only one I'd be really interested in seeing. Suicidal Tendencies are another winner... hopefully they'll pop over to Dublin.

There's also a few bands also down for EP that I'd be interested in but it looks very likely I'll be going to EP this year over Pukkelpop.

This is Duck Sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Well with dEUS, puklelpop seem to always go with a Belgian headliner. 2 Many DJ's were unreal last year as a closer and I'll hold out some hope that dEUS are worthy. I've never heard of them. Would love to see Deftones too and there's plenty of smaller acts to keep me busy while enjoying the sun and laid back atmosphere of the festival in general. Maybe even find the secret room this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

IIRC dEUS closed off Rock Werchter a few years ago. I wasn't impressed.

This is Duck Sauce

One (club) hit and they're already second top of the list of acts? Man that song's annoying. I do think there's more "big names" left to be added to Saturday though.
    NothingMan wrote: »
    Well with dEUS, puklelpop seem to always go with a Belgian headliner.

They go with a Belgian headliner if there isn't enough headliners to go round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Line up looks fine, I'd hardly call dEUS filler, they are an amazing band, check out the ideal crash album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'm wasn't going to go this year anyway, but that line-up is very, very bland.

Having said that, most of the festival line-ups are a bit boring this year IMO, apart from maybe Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Is anyone else having trouble with the website? I cant get onto the 4th step of buying my tickets, it keeps bringing me back to the first page! SO frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

so sick, I wanna see Eminem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

hey guys, seriously considering heading to Pukkelpop this year, any idea when more bands are announced? =)

hey guys, seriously considering heading to Pukkelpop this year, any idea when more bands are announced? =)

New acts are usually added on Tuesdays... there might be an update next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

There will be more announcements for the sat for sure - seems kinda weak day. And according to their mail thursday/friday almost sold out already.

There has been a few additions to the line up - not really anything to get me too exited.

Battles and f**ked up though will be class - Sat is still looking a very weak day

New additions:

Thursday:
    Katy B, hip hopper Wiz Khalifa, the electro funkateers of Chromeo and the dance fury Yelle in the Dance Hall. Panic! At The Disco, The Wombats, The Hickey Underworld (with new work!), Friendly Fires and Battles will make sure your heart keeps beating to the Pukkelpop rhythm. And do not forget to explore the sound of the following new bands: The Sound Of Arrows, Veara, Wolf Gang, Kurt Vile & The Violators, The Black Pacific and The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart!

Friday:
    Within Temptation with their metal torn straight from the heart. In the Dance Hall you will be able to witness the very first live show on Belgian soil by Sub Focus and enjoy the music of the hottest British MC of the moment, Tinie Tempah. Our Eurosong representatives had better come and listen to Beardyman and find out what beat boxes really are. Cults, Cage The Elephant, Esben And The Witch, Suuns, The Avett Brothers, Alex Winston and Morning Parade will also compete for your attention. Zornik will represent our own region. And we are delighted that School Is Cool has decided that Pukkelpop is the perfect place to present their first album.

Saturday:
    Fake Blood during their very first show in our country, b) the impressive ‘beats ‘n' cubes' of Matthew Dear and his live band and c) the sparkling sound of Azari & III. Highbloo and the Partyharders Squad will make the Boiler Room tremble and shake once again. On the same day the indie kids will appreciate the presence of The Kills, Twin Shadow, Crystal Fighters, ****ed Up, Creep and The Maine. And Das Pop will reveal the true meaning of the word pop.

Also, the offspring have been moved to one of the main head-liners on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Few acts there I like. And the Offspring headlining the last night gives me happehs!

• Advertisement

just to let everyone know - i bought 2 combi's and have been in contact with the ticket office and under no circumstance this year will they allow you change the name on the ticket - i bought 2 in my own name just added an A.

Was gonna change once knew who was coming with me - so had to buy a third. But they also said that they expect it to be fully sold out in the next 48-72 hours so if thinking of going buy now...

Mr.S wrote: »
    If the festival sells out, you can just bring alongyour "Spare" ticket and sell it at the box office officially & also, while they do check ID, if your friend looks anyway like you, just give him your ID and you'll be fine, they mostly just check the name and match it too a ticket.

Yeah will be no problem selling it as will be a massive waiting list for tickets once sells out. This will be my 5th year going - love the festival

Pukkelpop is hot, judging by the astonishing speed at which the tickets are being sold. And yet, we reckon things may still ‘heat up’ more after the announcement of the following new names. They might even make the Pukkelpop fever reach a critical level.

On Friday we welcome the pop duo par excellence, The Ting Tings, for the third time. Old faithful Greg Dulli (Afghan Whigs, The Gutter Twins) will again visit his favourite Belgian festival grounds with The Twilight Singers. The British indie rock band Gomez will delight the Pukkelpop audience with melancholic, and yet summery tunes. The Shelter will be thoroughly shaken up by the brand new punk rock band Make Do And Mend and the British power rock of Kids in Glass Houses. And headliner Eminem has announced he will bring his Dirty Dozen protégés D12 .

On Thursday we are expecting promising newcomers like Foster The People, the current suppliers to StuBru’s Hotshot with ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ and Smith Westerns, the most blogged American indie rock band of the moment, who make no secret of their preference for David Bowie, T. Rex and garage rock. Two other bands from the States are coming: tUnE-yArDs, a colourful and idiosyncratic blend of African rhythms and American indie pop, and MNDR, an electronic pop duo, already highly appreciated by Mark Ronson.

The Saturday line-up will be strengthened by OFWGKTA, the super hip hip-hop collective around Tyler, The Creator. Lovers of solid fuzzy rock à la Smashing Pumpkins and Silversun Pickups had better grab hold of whatever is within reach during The Joy Formidable’s gig. And we’re all looking forward to hearing the fabulous folk sound of Other Lives.

Hopefully they'll keep adding more over the next while. I didn't know the Ting Tings were still going!

Really like the Twilight Singers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Pukkelpop looks absolutely sick, can anyone give a quick rundown of past experiences?
    would love to go this year but unfortunately is sold out, will definitely be going next year. wont even need to see lineup first as your guaranteed its going to be epic

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Pukkelpop looks absolutely sick, can anyone give a quick rundown of past experiences?
    would love to go this year but unfortunately is sold out, will definitely be going next year. wont even need to see lineup first as your guaranteed its going to be epic

I highly recommend it, even though for me this year's lineup is disappointing (a lot of repeat names if you've gone the last five years). There's very little I could say bad about it, probably the one thing is the food inside the festival grounds is pretty crappy (seems to be a similar deal with most Belgian festivals), and the selection of beer and alcoholic drinks available is slim. Mae's, the main beer, considering we're in Belgium, isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I highly recommend it, even though for me this year's lineup is disappointing (a lot of repeat names if you've gone the last five years). There's very little I could say bad about it, probably the one thing is the food inside the festival grounds is pretty crappy (seems to be a similar deal with most Belgian festivals), and the selection of beer and alcoholic drinks available is slim. Mae's, the main beer, considering we're in Belgium, isn't great.

cheers, well this year looks out of the question anyway since its sold out. aside from the better music, is it worth the trek out to belgium? i suppose it must be a brilliant experience

Went last year and loved every second of it , would have loved to have gone this year:(

It's getting close now. The stage times have all been released.

I'm slightly disappointed that people weren't added to Saturday's line up, there's not too many people I want to see then. But I'll just use it for discovering new people, so if anyone has any suggestions of people to go to on Saturday, let me know.

Heading over this day two weeks, spending a few days in Brussels before we head down to the festival.

• Advertisement

Yeah Sat's lineup is very weak for me also - apart from Warpaint and F*cked Up aint much i wanna see - dEUS are always good though. Still looking forward to it.

Worse clash for me is the Deftones and bloody beetroots at same time

Advertisement