Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 2 - so sleepy

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey all. So I stopped smoking yesterday and have been knackered ever since. Slept a full 12 hours last night - which never happens - and am still really dopey. Did anyone else get this or is it just something unrelated? Just had second cup of coffee and still not ready to face the world. Am using the mini lozenges.

Also am a bit worried about my reasons for giving up. Basically I had a lot of duty free tobacco that I've been using since last summer, which just ran out. I promised my boyfriend and family (well, not promised, just kept saying that I would) that i'd quit when it finished as I couldn't afford to buy real cigs. So it ran out and here I am on day 2. It's like I didn't actively make the decision to quit, the tobacco ran out so I'm not smoking. Is this ok? I don't feel like I'm quitting, I feel like I'm not smoking because I can't afford them. It's weird, I tried to quit a couple of years ago and it was way different, I was aware of the decision, and was thinking about it all the time before it happened. This just kind of happened yesterday by accident when I realised I ran out. Not sure if I'm prepared for it actually. Or maybe it's better than obsessing over it beforehand, I mean it didn't work the last time. :(

Oh sorry for the rant, just came across the forum and needed to vent a little. When I woke up this morning and remembered i'd quit I was really disappointed! Much love and luck to all you other non smoking peeps!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Here's what you should do:

-Go to the shop and buy enough cigarettes for three days.

-Buy Allen Carr's "Easyway to stop smoking" (or PM me and I'll give you a PDF for it - it's not too long)

-Read book and smoke while doing it.

-Stop smoking after reading the book

The best part about his book is explaining why it's easy to stop smoking.

He mainly points out that we are in someway "brainwashed" into thinking cigarette cessation is difficult. When in fact it's all in the mind.

Seriously read the book. It's well worth it. I took 4 days off my life to quit.

Think about it this way: If you had a severe illness that was slowly going to kill you, would you take the 4 days off to take the medicine that could cure you for the rest of your life? Best part: this medicine is purely psychological.

Advertisement