Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Art- Does it get "Easier"

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

So bought my first Bamboo pen yesterday in a bid to get more satisfaction out of my colouring. At the moment (admittedly my first EVER foray into the digital way of doing stuff), airbrushing shading etc it something I know will get better. What concerns me is the "disconnect" I feel when it comes to inking or sketching. Especially on details, curved and straight lines.

there alway seems to be a slight "jitter" on the lines so they don't look like confident strokes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

It'll get easier.

Try adjusting the pens sensitivity, that might help with the jitter.

Sometimes its just the physical pushing down of the pentip that moves the cursor a pixel and adjusting sensitivity wont help with that, its more about how you hold the pen. Hold it more vertical and it wont move so much when you push down.

yes, It can be maddening but you'll adjust.

Obviously using a good paint program is important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

There's a noticeable difference between using a graphics tablet and pen/ink setup, it definitely feels "unnatural" in the beginning but you do get used to it. It's like changing anything that you've been doing for most of your life - it will take a period of adjustment until you're completely comfortable again. Enjoy! :)

Advertisement