Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach or COD Black Ops

• 25-02-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Halo Reach or COD Black Ops

I'm just wondering which to buy.

I had COD Modern Warefare 1. Loved it but it got hacked which I'm afraid could happen with Black ops

Also had Halo 3 which I liked too.

To be honest I like them both but which of the newer titles is:

First off a better online shooter ie easier to get a match, more people playing, less muppets, etc..

Secondly will either be hacked or have been hacked yet?

thirdly one thing that annoyed me with COD was that say I want to play a match with a mate of mine and 6 randomers online, it was easy on halo to do that but not so easy on COD for some reason. Anyway this isnt the biggest deal i suppose

opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm a big fan of both series.

I traded in CoD about a week after getting it, I still play Reach a lot.

easier to get a match - Reach

more people playing - CoD

less muppets - Draw, XBL is full of muppets!

CoD is too buggy and it takes too much fun out of the online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of both series.

I traded in CoD about a week after getting it, I still play Reach a lot.

After only a week? :eek: That doesnt sound good. What was your reason?

when you say COD is buggy, are you referring to the hacking that went on previous versions. I really dont want to be bothered with that again.

After only a week? :eek: That doesnt sound good. What was your reason?

Well I think it was closer to 10 days...but reason being that the main reason I (and most other people) bought it was for the online play. I enjoyed it 20% of the time when I could have a match with no connection issues, but majority of the time the game was far too badly marred by bugs and flaws. So I completed the campaign and traded it in while I'd still get a lot of credit for it.

And seeing how the Black Ops Megabitch thread is still growing incessantly I'm glad I did! Poor game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

maximoose wrote: »
    Well I think it was closer to 10 days...but reason being that the main reason I (and most other people) bought it was for the online play. I enjoyed it 20% of the time when I could have a match with no connection issues, but majority of the time the game was far too badly marred by bugs and flaws. So I completed the campaign and traded it in while I'd still get a lot of credit for it.

And seeing how the Black Ops Megabitch thread is still growing incessantly I'm glad I did! Poor game.

I have experienced many connection issues of bugs. Its a good game and i usually dont like treyarchs work havent play reach yet but COD is a good game better than MW2 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

I would go with Black Ops, but then again I'm not much of a Halo fan. I've played Reach and Halo 3 online but just couldnt get into them. I find Black Ops to be a better game. Theres usually 3 or 4 of us online and we have no problem finding a match 99% of the time. They have also fixed a lot of the bugs that were in the game at launch time. I feel that Black Ops is the better choice.
    In relation to that Megabitch thread, all games are going to have people who aren't happy with a certain aspect of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I like black ops, although it is just default COD at this stage.

Played halo reach for the first time in months there the other night and I actually had amazing fun. More fun that i've had in cod in ages.

COD takes itself too seriously, and the people on it do the same.

I find halo a bit more relaxed tbh..

Ok connection issues aside guys what about the hacking stuff that went on with MW1 and 2?

ie you go into an online game and suddenly you have infinate ammo etc and you then leave and you have lost all your guns etc.. :mad:

Ok connection issues aside guys what about the hacking stuff that went on with MW1 and 2?

ie you go into an online game and suddenly you have infinate ammo etc and you then leave and you have lost all your guns etc.. :mad:

i havent come across it yet on the 360 and havent come across boosters either

NTMK wrote: »
    i havent come across it yet on the 360 and havent come across boosters either

Really?! I have a 360 too. I dont even play that much and its happened me.

So annoyin cause it just wipes out all your hard work and lets face it I couldnt be bothered starting all over again with rubbish guns.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Reach shaves it for me. Slightly less of a shooting gallery and on-rails type situations and things like the vehicle sections mean you can mix up your strategy a bit. Co-op on Legendary is also the most fun you have with a mate and an xbox IMO.

Black Ops is decent but for me it felt like I was only half in control because you were dragged along a specific path throughout.

• Advertisement

Really?! I have a 360 too. I dont even play that much and its happened me.

So annoyin cause it just wipes out all your hard work and lets face it I couldnt be bothered starting all over again with rubbish guns.

on black ops it hasnt happened to me yet MW2 was awful for it sorry if i wasnt clear

NTMK wrote: »
    on black ops it hasnt happened to me yet MW2 was awful for it sorry if i wasnt clear

Theres an element of enevitability to that post and thats what worries me on the hacking front.

Think I'll be goin with Halo to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

get neither! Battlefield BC2 all the way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

get neither! Battlefield BC2 all the way!!

yes BC2 is a much better game but lately a lot of douche bags have started playing which is ruining the game

hold on a second.... why not get both?

or all 3.. because then you can have a valid opinion on which is better .. as opposed to the people who only play cod and will argue to the death that its the best... gah!

Yea OP get all 3...

COD - story
    Reach - story & multiplayer
    BFBC2 - story & multiplayer

bought bad company 2 in the end cheers for the ideas

good choice... check out the irl thread.. sound bunch of lads who play together regularly...

Advertisement