Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasterboard Wall Repair

• 25-02-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,

I need to repair a mark in a plasterboard wall. I have been using Polyfilla -allow to dry, sand down and have painted over but the mark is still somewhat visible.

Can anyone recommend something where I can get a smoother finish?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Got a pic you could put up, make things a lot easier Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

I'll post up a pic this evening. Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

donal2000 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I need to repair a mark in a plasterboard wall. I have been using Polyfilla -allow to dry, sand down and have painted over but the mark is still somewhat visible.

Can anyone recommend something where I can get a smoother finish?

Cheers in advance.

Ronseal smooth finish filler.

Brilliant and dries in about 15 mins.if you go back over it after about 3 minutes with a wet filling knife,it will be smooth as a babies bum,and then a very very light sand with a sanding sponge.And I mean a very very light sand too.

Job done.:)

Also,you will need to paint 2-3 coats of paint over the area for it to fully disappear and blend in with the rest of the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for the reply and info.

I'd seen the ad recently on tv for this product and was waiting to see if anybody had used it before trying it out.

Thanks
    Donal

Advertisement