Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After June 2011 - EIL Travel Awards

• 25-02-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know right now you are in the final stretch and it's hard to think about what you are doing this morning nevermind this summer. However I think if you have 5 minutes you should look up the EIL Ireland Travel Awards for 2011.

These are 14 fully funded and 8 partially funded travel awards to give young people the chance to experience another culture. The deadline is March 25th for the majority of awards, the application process is straight forward and will not take much time away from study!

These are once in a lifetime opportunities and you will not regret applying. All the details can be found here http://www.eilireland.org/travel-awards

Best of luck with your entries, best of luck with the exams and best of look for after June 2011! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

WOW :eek: those awards look amazing. I think i'm going to apply for that Ecudaor one! 7 a4 page essay? that looks dreadful but I'll give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

KKBL wrote: »
    WOW :eek: those awards look amazing. I think i'm going to apply for that Ecudaor one! 7 a4 page essay? that looks dreadful but I'll give it a go anyway.

Hey,

Just to clarify it's actually a one page essay OR a more creative project (pictures, clippings etc) no more than 8 pages. Either one you choose just has to demonstrate why you want to go, what you would bring while you are there and how you want to use your experience on your return.

Quick reminder....

Deadline for applications is in exactly 2 weeks time for the majority of awards.

http://www.eilireland.org/travel-awards < everything you need to know!

Good luck :)

Does the essay have to be hand written or typed out on a computer?

KKBL wrote: »
    Does the essay have to be hand written or typed out on a computer?

Typed, 700 words is about one A4 page!

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thanks I just emailed in my entry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

It looks interesting. I take it the chances of being selected for Japan are very slim.

It says that a teacher must nominate you, how does a teacher do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Would have loved to apply to go to japan.. doing it for my leaving cert and i love the language!
    Id love to still even go over and help with the clean up

Advertisement