Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic: Kids in the Hendrix Campsite

Options
  • 25-02-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

(I have double posted this in Gigs & Events and here. Posted there first, then thought I might get a better response here. Sorry)

Wonder if anyone knows anything about this. I have contacted the Electric Picnic organisers but it took three weeks for them to respond to my first email, they didn't answer my questions, so I emailed them again and I am still waiting.

So,
    I am going to Electric Picnic this year. I am bringing my daughter just for the friday, friday night and saturday day. Just for the experience.
    A lot of freinds and family etc are heading there early on friday and will be camping in the Hendrix site. We want to camp with them.

The EP organisers didn't answer my question about whether children were restricted to the Family site only.
    I dont want to spend all the weekend in the Family Site.
    I dont want to have to move my tent on Saturday.

Does anyone nknow anything about this kind of thing? Are children barred from the main campsites?
    Would it be bad to bring a child (9) to one of those campsites? We would barely be at the tent in all the time that she is there, but would be more so after she left.

Any comments advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Funkfield wrote: »
    Would it be bad to bring a child (9) to one of those campsites? We would barely be at the tent in all the time that she is there, but would be more so after she left.

Any comments advice welcome.

Hmm. They have been camping before? My gut instinct tells me to say no straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

I think its a terrible idea. You'll be surrounded by people partying all night. No place for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Possibly best to pitch the tent, enjoy the day and then stay in a B&B nearby for the friday night. Enjoy the festival again the next day.
    Seems to be the best plan I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Yes, children can stay in any of the campsites -- they are not restricted to the family site.

We took our eight-year-old son last year and camped in the Chaplin site and it was fine -- a bit noisy the first night from the thumping bass of the rave in the forest, but my kid sleeps like a log so it didn't bother him at all.

EP is pretty mellow -- nobody's setting tents on fire, we saw no fights, not even any puking. Only downer: guys peeing on any vertical surface (my son told me he'd rather pee his pants than whip it out in public!)

He wasn't put off, though -- he loved EP, and we have nearly daily discussions about what bands he hopes will be there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Thats a great story to hear. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
Advertisement