Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC will not launch Windows XP

• 25-02-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all
    My PC is sick!
    It is a Dell Dimension E520 running Windows XP
    When I went to pwer up the PC yesterday the Dell part worked fine but when it tried to load Windows XP I got the following error message:

"Windows\Systen32\config\system"

It then suggested I yse the Reinstall Windows CD which I tried to do. The problem is it does nothing when the CD is installed i.e. the message on the screen does not change and the PC does not seem to recognise that the CD is in the CD drive.

Is there any command I can input to force the PC to read the CD drive?
    Any suggestions?

many thanks

Brian

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Try hitting F12 as the computer is booting
    this should bring you to the boot menu where you can select the cd
    alternatively you can try pressing delete to get into the bios and change the boot order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭crafty dodger

Hi CrinkElite
    Thanks for the help
    I used F12 and into the utilities section of the boot menu. I ran every test in the symptoms tree for OS not booting up. All passed.
    I then managed to boot Windows from the CD so I am back in action again

Advertisement