Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 page itemised bill from meteor

Options
  • 25-02-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

bloody hell, my bill arrived today in an a4 packet.
    fully itemised for every kb of data transmitted. the charge is the same as ever (surf 55) but this is the largest amount of paper i have been sent by them to date

i have asked for this to be stopped before but they told me they cant.

just want to say that i think its absolutely mental to send a bill like this out.
    there are so many options they could use, ebilling, an optout of itemisation.

its just such a waste as its going straight in the shredder and then the green bin.

/rant paused :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Funnily enough, someone posted something similar to this before about meteor. I think in they end they were able to opt for their bills to be sent via email. Maybe the original poster might clarify what they actually did. I agree though, it is such a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

If you call cutomer care and ask them they'll change it so that its just the first 2 pages of the bill that you'll receive in future

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

eireal wrote: »
    If you call cutomer care and ask them they'll change it so that its just the first 2 pages of the bill that you'll receive in future

Cheers will do that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thanks, spoke to them a while ago and theyve sorted it for the next bill.
    either they've changed a policy or the person i spoke with a few months back didnt know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

how are you going to know if they're overcharging you or billing you multiple times for the same text message as happens to me. If you could condense data use only to total used rather than itemization it would reduce the tree count.

• Advertisement

i guess my bill will be higher than normal and i can check my online itemisation.
    the day i go checking my sms for overcharging will be a funny day i tell ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

it stands out on your bill when the same text appears 5 times in 5 seconds when its less than 1 text in length. what's funny about getting ripped off?

what do you know about my bill or usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

dr ro wrote: »
    how are you going to know if they're overcharging you or billing you multiple times for the same text message as happens to me. If you could condense data use only to total used rather than itemization it would reduce the tree count.

Check bill online. Paper bill is massive waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

I got a 24 page bill from them yesterday, and it's ridiculous.
    They've been itemising data like this for years. Surely the amount they'd have saved on trees would have paid for a programmer to take a look at their billing system!

I'm a business user, and would prefer not to use either of the options to just take the first 2 pages of the bill, or the whole thing electronically.
    I'd just like a single data usage listing and still have a full listing of calls and charges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement