Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert honours irish 2011

• 25-02-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have decided to go back and sit my honours Irish exam and was wondering if any students had any tips for me for this years paper?? Anything I should concentrate on more then others?? Essays ect. im very nervous and im find the course very big.
    Thanks for any help.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

Princess25 wrote: »
    I have decided to go back and sit my honours Irish exam and was wondering if any students had any tips for me for this years paper?? Anything I should concentrate on more then others?? Essays ect. im very nervous and im find the course very big.
    Thanks for any help.....

An essay on the economy with politics and all that.
    An toilean mathair oiche nollag ,lig sinn an bean og
    I'm not sure what else everyones saying those could come up hope I helped

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rachel2k11

Is an toileain due to come up i really hate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Anyone know exactly how much to write for stair? I always hear 3-4 points but how long is a point? I need the number of lines to write! I wrote like half a page (three points) for the mocks and got barely any marks. How much should we write?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

Jack
    an tOilean
    Lig sinn i gCathú
    An bhean óg
    Athbeochan

i think:)

and would definitely say the recession has to be a fairly possible topic!!:D

Anyone know exactly how much to write for stair? I always hear 3-4 points but how long is a point? I need the number of lines to write! I wrote like half a page (three points) for the mocks and got barely any marks. How much should we write?

you need three fairly well developed points!!
    as in they should be a mini paragraph each so roughly a page!
    as in if you got gaeilge in the media - i'm not going to put as gaeilge 'cause my spelling is terrible!

you'd mention maybe Foinse Lá and inniu together as point

then radio na life and RNAG together
    and then how Tg4 can be heard on RTE and also how Tg4 accomodates the irish speaking community in and how it has shows for everyone etc and they'd be your three well developed points!

in short...about 3/4 to a page!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

emzz wrote: »
    Jack
    an tOilean
    Lig sinn i gCathú
    An bhean óg
    Athbeochan

i think:)

and would definitely say the recession has to be a fairly possible topic!!:D

An Fhiannaiocht and Ruraiocht can be added to that list for stair. One or the other generally turns up!

Recession is a very likely topic alright, but you'd have to have an absolutely cracking essay on it to be in with a shot of getting an A in it. Most of the country will answer on it if it's up, so it's worth covering yourself with other general topics as well, like social problems, dangers in life, or the state of the country. The recession can be brought in too, if you really want to write about it!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    An Fhiannaiocht and Ruraiocht can be addeed to that list for stair. One or the other generally turns up!

Recession is a very likely topic alright, but you'd have to have an absolutely cracking essay on it to be in with a shot of getting an A in it. Most of the country will answer on it if it's up, so it's worth covering yourself with other general topics as well, like social problems, dangers in life, or the state of the country. The recession can be brought in too, if you really want to write about it!

I was talking to a lad there and his teacher said that it's more than likely going to be based around Irish, Recession and problems alright! i'd say there'll be some great essays if that's the case! but sure we can only see!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

What other stairs do you think might come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

rachel2k11 wrote: »
    Is an toileain due to come up i really hate it!!

I went studyin an toilean der cos i heard it was comin up and de first thing i saw beside de poem was "unlikely to come up" written by me.I assume my teacher told us dat a while ago but i have absolutely no recollection of that....so does anyone want to shed some light on this??? does anyone know of a reason why it mightnt come up???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If they put An Chéad Dráma up I'll die, but it was up last year so hopefully unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

I'm predicting
    An cearrbhach, An bhean og and Lig sinn
    Gealt, Jack, Bimse
    Oiche Nollaig, An toilean
    An trial - Maire/ Maili / techniques
    Stair- Ruraiocht, Fhiannaiocht, Ogham, Aisling, Meath na Gaeilge

for essays im learning sport, drugs, alcohol, irish, suicide, education and the media oh and religion will that be enough?

xclw wrote: »
    I'm predicting
    Gealt, Jack, Bimse

for essays im learning sport, drugs, alcohol, irish, suicide, education and the media oh and religion will that be enough?

That's loads of essay topics anyway! You'll be well covered. What's the Irish for suicide? Could be an interesting one to bring in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ladybike

I'm predicting
    Gealt, Jack, Bimse

Absolutley no chance of suicide coming up pal.. Pretty big chance of majorly upsetting those affected through suicide in their family etc.
    Otherwise your suggestions are good, Maiglieana and Dan do Mhelissa are good shouts for the honours, and instead of Meath na Gaeilge I'd be looking at Athbheochan na Gaeilge, and maybe Gaeilge mar teanga ceilteach! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm predicting
    Gealt, Jack, Bimse

I really hope Lig Sinn doesn't come up, hopefully not as compulsory anyway. Fiche Blian Ag Fás is much handier.

Oiche Nollag and An tOileán are a good shout, but Dán do Mhelissa or Magdiléana are extreme possibilities too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

ladybike wrote: »
    Absolutley no chance of suicide coming up pal.. Pretty big chance of majorly upsetting those affected through suicide in their family etc.
    Otherwise your suggestions are good, Maiglieana and Dan do Mhelissa are good shouts for the honours, and instead of Meath na Gaeilge I'd be looking at Athbheochan na Gaeilge, and maybe Gaeilge mar teanga ceilteach! :cool:

i agree with u about suicide and meath na gaeilge not coming up.
    I think triail Techniques came up last year as well so that's unlikely imo..

ladybike wrote: »
    yeah i thought that too but our teacher says to do it for paragraphs on social problems or them kind of essays! cheers think i'll take a look at them :)

_meehan_ wrote: »
    That's loads of essay topics anyway! You'll be well covered. What's the Irish for suicide? Could be an interesting one to bring in!

its "féinmharú" or "ag cur a lámh ina bhás féin"
    it won't come up as an actual topic but you could put an angle on it to be different in a question on social problems of young people instead of just having drugs and alcohol :)

its "féinmharú" or "ag cur a lámh ina bhás féin"
    it won't come up as an actual topic but you could put an angle on it to be different in a question on social problems of young people instead of just having drugs and alcohol :)

Yeah I was thinking it could bring a different slant into essays about social problems, young people or the recession maybe! Thanks a mil!:)

Advertisement