Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfboard leash

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I have been surfing a year now. A few months ago i purchased a new leash for my long board 7'10''. Its an ocean and earth leash. I went to change leashes the other day and i am having difficulty with it. There is no railsaver on it, just the sivel with a think loop (about inch and a half..from my own head measurements. It did also come with the tie to loop through the plug on the board.

Help please on attaching it to the board. Or is the leash at fault and i do need a railsaver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

By rail saver you mean the cloth tabs at the end attaching you your board?

You must have on and make sure the cord between the leash blug and leash is shot so that at least an inch or more of the rails save is on the board.

If you don't have a rail saver the cord or leash will cut into the board like cheese wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

Thanks spaceHopper. I need that cloth tab. Think i should head back to surf shop to sort i :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

piddles wrote: »
    Thanks spaceHopper. I need that cloth tab. Think i should head back to surf shop to sort i :)
    Yes, What shop was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

The shop in Carrowniskey.

One question why would a leash be sold without that safety cloth tab?...

Advertisement