Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Didn't realise Bentley was releases, thank fcuk. Was there ever a bigger waste of serious money.

I see Maicon was releases by City. Talk about a fall from grace. He never recovered from that mauling by Bale or was he just over rated to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Take a look at how much other clubs like Norwich have increased their spending
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326128/Premier-League-transfers--summer-2013.html

+1

Cardiff have broken their transfer record three times this Summer.... And they're far from finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I disagree.... Levy isn't going to spend a load of cash if a deal for Bale is not signed..... And I don't believe a contract has already been signed.

Hypothetically, If anything happened to Bale in his rehab which caused him to be out for six months then our balance sheet would be fooooked - the future of the club would be jeopardised.

I probably didn't didn't explain myself correctly :D

Call me negative. I'm just shocked Levy has spent near on 60m and yet we seem like we 'could' be keeping Bale, all when we have a new stadium on the horizon. Yes I know there is all these extra millions coming in that you mentioned already, it's just that this is a completely different tactic from Levy, one I have never seen before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The Ramos era saw us spend quite a bit though hatch its not totally unprecedented. and i maintain, bale is a spurs player :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bale is a spurs player :-) deffo imho

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I probably didn't didn't explain myself correctly :D

Call me negative. I'm just shocked Levy has spent near on 60m and yet we seem like we 'could' be keeping Bale, all when we have a new stadium on the horizon. Yes I know there is all these extra millions coming in that you mentioned already, it's just that this is a completely different tactic from Levy, one I have never seen before.

I know it's not like Levy. Though if Bale was told we were going to compete next year, what other way to show our ambition than to improve the squad around him.

In terms of the new stadium, the best way to attract a big naming rights deal is to have big name players and to be winning things. Who's name is bigger than Bale's at the moment? :D

As I said, I'm an optimist. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Étienne Capoue has reportedly broken fitness records in his medical, making him statistically the fittest player at Tottenham.

Looks like Tom Huddlestone with pace:)

Étienne Capoue has reportedly broken fitness records in his medical, making him statistically the fittest player at Tottenham.

Looks like Tom Huddlestone with pace:)

I don't mean to be overly critical, just devil's advocate, though if we are signing Etienne Capoue for a midfield slot, one could argue that Tom Huddlestone's highlight reel would be longer and with more goal-influencing passes.

A lot of the stuff in the above highlight reel was of five yard passes to people who then created a goal. Not overly impressive.

Though, maybe Capoue has been signed as back-up for the centre backs with an option to play him in midfield?

in the above highlight reel was of five yard passes to people who then created a goal. Not overly impressive.

I'm not going to judge him on just a youtube clip though, it could be just bad editing.

More ITK crap/gossip....
    Grey Fox with Lots more activity to come

Firstly Bale and BAE are genuinely carrying injuries, none of the injured players attended yesterdays game and were working with the medical team. So don't read too much in their non attendance.

I was told at the beginning of the TW that we would be getting quality and not quantity so while we can't argue about the quality bit I questioned my contact re quantity he said it has got complicated with the defender situation and some of last seasons first team squad have become a little bit unsettled and wondering if they will get game time, e.g. Caulker.

He says to expect at least two more ins of top quality, 1 striker and 1 defender. As said before AVB looking for strength in depth and utility players, but he he is well aware of disrupting the dynamics of the squad. He also said Coentraou is doubtful, because of the Bale/Madrid scenario and believes we will only get him if Bale goes, but still sure Bale will still stay. Toby is rated highly because of his versatlity and while AVB and Baldini has been looking at other options there is a feeling Toby will fit in easier and quicker than others.

Huge amounts of interest in a number of last years first team squad and he is expecting a fire sale over the next week or 10 days, with some of the younger ones going out on loan nearer deadline day.I am expecting at least one of Ade or Defoe to go before long and Parker, Huddlestone to be gone by next weekend.

Baldini has been earning his crust and after this window will be concentrating on looking for young exciting players that will fit the system, but at the same time keeping an eye out for established players that would complement the team/squad.

A FEW MOMENTS LATER HE ADDED

Grey Fox said: ↑

I had seen Benny' tweet and after Blake Griffin's post I checked with my contact. He said Benny still has a niggling injury from last season not 100% fit and AVB won't play anyone unless he is desperate if not fully fit. He is not sure he would pass a medical if sold

It's a nice read, though the best thing to come from it (if true) is the first paragraph. None of the injured players were at the game, they were working with the medical team - understandably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Lots of Twitter talk that Eriksen has spoken about being interested in coming to us

@HenrikHindby: Christian Eriksen open to a move to #Tottenham: "It's a good club that's very interesting, but there hasn't been anything (concrete)." BT.dk

Christian Eriksen tells Danish media bt.dk that he's spoken with former Ajax-teammate Vertonghen about Spurs. #THFC #LFC #Ajax #Transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So what position does Eriksen play? Isn't he a creative midfielder? Where would he fit into the system? Not that I'd be complaining, it seems he's very highly rated.

SuprSi wrote: »
    So what position does Eriksen play? Isn't he a creative midfielder? Where would he fit into the system? Not that I'd be complaining, it seems he's very highly rated.

Yes, he's a creative midfielder, you could say he'd be a Bale replacement

Yes, he's a creative midfielder, you could say he'd be a Bale replacement

Hmm, so mixed news then. Creative = good. Bale replacement = bad!

All over twitter that spurs offered 30m for Erik Lamela

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

is 30 million the new 20 million :D

Transfer deadline day

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQATJ7ztUgvNtOswExPHANp6hl8SJPVHL-UaacSQOLKlmL-WpiuLw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I know nothing about Eriksen or Lamela. Eriksen sounds good, but i'd wonder where he'll fit in as well. Lamela doesn't exactly have the greatest scoring record for Roma (33 games, 15 goals). It's not bad, but it's similar to what Defoe would get. And 30 million is a lot of money.

Eriksen does look good though (youtube video...i know, i know :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Just watched that Capoue clip and he reminds me a bit of Henry, just his gait and touch, very classy looking player with that touch of finesse.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Lamela doesn't exactly have the greatest scoring record for Roma (33 games, 15 goals). It's not bad, but it's similar to what Defoe would get. And 30 million is a lot of money.

Lamela is more of a winger/forward I think, definitely a replacement. 1 goal in 2 matches is quite good for a young lad in that position.

Yeah he's not a striker and he's rated very highly. I wonder whether he would be a replacement for Bale or for Lennon ;)

The Daily Mail say we're chasing Troy Deeney of Watford. He has a one in four goal record in The Championship/League 1...... Surely the author of the article would wonder if one of the Spurs youth players would have a better record than that, thus be a more viable option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

SuprSi wrote: »
    Yeah he's not a striker and he's rated very highly. I wonder whether he would be a replacement for Bale or for Lennon ;)

Id rather see Andro Townsend given a chance, looks to have a lot of talent.

Id rather see Andro Townsend given a chance, looks to have a lot of talent.

No doubt about it, very talented, though still an unknown and may or may not make the grade. If we have the chance to get Lamela we should go for it as it will only make us stronger.

Talk of Parker to QPR for 2m

@dimarzio

Details of Scott #Parker transfer from @SpursOfficial to @OfficialQPR: permanent deal (done) for 2 million pounds. #footballtransfers

I thought we'd get more for him tbh. He gets a lot of stick he doesn't deserve from Spurs fans but I thought he was amazing the year before last. Unfortunately time has caught up with him.

Edit: the Telegraph say £3.5m
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10240232/QPR-to-sign-Scott-Parker-from-Spurs-in-next-48-hours.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Talk of Parker to QPR for 2m

@dimarzio

Details of Scott #Parker transfer from @SpursOfficial to @OfficialQPR: permanent deal (done) for 2 million pounds. #footballtransfers

I thought we'd get more for him tbh. He gets a lot of stick he doesn't deserve from Spurs fans but I thought he was amazing the year before last. Unfortunately time has caught up with him.

good signing at the time and did well for us. But at 32, and with the wages he earns, it's a great deal for spurs in my opinion.

Agreed, a fairly high earner off the wage bill too, being replaced by a younger fitter model in Capoue.

• Advertisement

According to SSN and DM we've been linked with Watford striker Troy Deeney.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8868696/transfer-news-tottenham-fulham-and-west-ham-linked-with-troy-deeney

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2391232/Tottenham-weigh-shock-5m-Watford-Troy-Deeney.html

Don;t know much about him other than he did time in prison for assault outside a nightclub

Advertisement