Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Has there been any further news on what the state of affairs with Capoue is by the way boys? Last i heard it was meant to be tied up on Friday but have heard nothing since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Has there been any further news on what the state of affairs with Capoue is by the way boys? Last i heard it was meant to be tied up on Friday but have heard nothing since

He's with the French squad, some on Twitter think it will get sorted when that's over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

MrKingsley wrote: »

From our French No.1
    Lloris on Capoue in France's press conference
    "I'm very happy he is coming to Spurs. He will have to prove himself and show what he can do."

@GraemeBailey

We are hearing Hull have agreed deals with Spurs for Tom Huddlestone (perm) and Jake Livermore (loan).

• Advertisement

Haha mad, imagine....

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - ???
    ---- Sandro - Dembele ----
    Paulinho
    Lamela
    Bale
    Soldado

Seriously, that front 6 would be one of the strongest in the league, rivalling City & Chelsea. Interesting about Thudd and Livermore - if both go that's some major outgoings at the club too, which is what we've wanted to see for some time.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Haha mad, imagine....

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - ???
    ---- Sandro - Dembele ----
    Paulinho
    Lamela
    Bale
    Soldado

Seriously, that front 6 would be one of the strongest in the league, rivalling City & Chelsea. Interesting about Thudd and Livermore - if both go that's some major outgoings at the club too, which is what we've wanted to see for some time.

Would mean we bought Chadli to sit on the bench :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Strong bench tho,
    Friedel
    Dawson
    Rose/Bae
    Holtby
    Chadli/Lennon
    Ade/Defoe
    Siggurdson

Not too shabby

True, didn't consider him. I think Lamela and Bale are probably better players though. Probably - I'm only saying that based on what I've read about Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think we needed to improve the overall strength of the squad, that's why Chadlli was bought. He'll be given his fair crack of the whip by AVB if he deserves it, regardless of who we buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I don't think Chadli was bought to start. Much like Dempsey, Siggs and Holtby I think he was bought to add strength in depth, which, along with a striker, has been an achilles heel for us in recent years. I still reckon Lennon will be a starter most weeks even if we buy Lamela, at the end of the day blinding pace is hard to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Thud sold to Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Thud sold to Hull.
    He was at the club long enough to make an impact, glimpses here or there won't cut it for a team chasing fourth spot. I thought he looked the leanest I've seen him in pre season. He'll do well under Bruce, how long will the mane remain in tact?

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Thud sold to Hull.

Is that official? Sad to see him go in that he had so much ability, and at times looked so composed, but AVB's all action, ball-retaining fast paced game just doesn't suit him.

He'll work well in a team where he's not expected to move around a huge amount and can just ping long passes (which he's very good at) around the pitch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Regular game time will do him the world of good, wont be surprised when he makes the England squad for next years WC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Huddlestone better off leaving as can't see him getting much game time after recent signings. It will also help bringing in new players by selling players that are not good enough or not part of AVB's plans. Lots more twists and turns in this transfer window. Hopefully RM can't afford Bale and he stays.

Spurs have begun negotiations over a deal for the Argentine international winger after making him their top target, regardless of whether or not Gareth Bale moves to Real Madrid

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/14/4184650/operation-lamela-tottenham-open-talks-to-sign-roma-star

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He was at the club long enough to make an impact, glimpses here or there won't cut it for a team chasing fourth spot. I thought he looked the leanest I've seen him in pre season. He'll do well under Bruce, how long will the mane remain in tact?
    hopefully it'll be gone Sunday after he bangs a 35 yard thunder bolt past cech!!

Spurs have begun negotiations over a deal for the Argentine international winger after making him their top target, regardless of whether or not Gareth Bale moves to Real Madrid

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/14/4184650/operation-lamela-tottenham-open-talks-to-sign-roma-star

Yes please!!

So it's looking like Parker, Thudd and Livermore will be gone, with Livermore only for the season. Add Dempsey to that list, and it almost feels like we're short on central midfielders!

Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue, Siggy, Carroll, Holtby & Sandro - that's enough for the league and domestic cups, but if AVB wants to mount another charge on the EL I don't think we'll have the squad. I wonder if, with the 4 lads gone, can we be expecting any other central signings? Maybe this is where the talk of Eriksen is coming from? He's creative and plays in the middle so perhaps?

• Advertisement

Can't see us getting both Eriksen and Lamela unless Bale goes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SuprSi wrote: »

Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue, Siggy, Carroll, Holtby & Sandro - that's enough for the league and domestic cups, but if AVB wants to mount another charge on the EL I don't think we'll have the squad. I wonder if, with the 4 lads gone, can we be expecting any other central signings? Maybe this is where the talk of Eriksen is coming from? He's creative and plays in the middle so perhaps?

More worried about wide midfielders, especially with the way AVB lines up. If Bale goes we have Lennon, Chadli ,Townsend, and I suppose you could play Siggy and Holtby but neither are out and out wide men. Even with Bale we are light on numbers to compete in the EPl, the EL and the cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Can't see us getting both Eriksen and Lamela unless Bale goes

Could this be part of the AVB three year plan? Get Eriksen and Lamela in this season, while Bale is here, and then have them settled and ready to dominate when Bale leaves next season...

Wishful thinking of an optimist.

It's official about Hudd and Livermore

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial
    We've reached agreement with Hull City for the transfer of Tom Huddlestone with Jake Livermore heading to the KC Stadium on season-long loan

Rumour on FB that we are in talks with Cardiff regarding Aaron Lennon. I'd be ok with that if we got Lamela. Lennons got the speed, but not the end product

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Apparemtly Roma directors in London speaking to Spurs. Not sure if talks are re Lamela/Pjanic or both.

I said it before, Lennon is too one-dimensional, blinding pace but final ball is usually lacking. Wouldn't be surprised if AVB culled him.

That's a great move for Livermore and Spurs as he's got the opportunity to prove if he can cut it in the EPL without costing Spurs points.

Glad to see the back of THudd, Parker out next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I've never seen lamela in action. For those that have what kind of a player is he?

Apparemtly Roma directors in London speaking to Spurs. Not sure if talks are re Lamela/Pjanic or both.

You sure that's not Pablo Osvaldo?

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey

Gazzetta dello Sport claim that Roma met with Tottenham's Franco Baldini in London on Wednesday to discuss Pablo Osvaldo and Erik Lamela.

Edit, just seen this tweet

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Tottenham/Roma meeting is about Pjanjc, Lamela and Osvaldo

This has to be the best transfer window ever!! Who would've thought that we could have the shadow of Bale leaving hanging over us, yet all of us still be happy and excited about what's to come?! I'd be shocked if Lennon was shown the door, absolutely shocked. I agree that he doesn't have the end product, but he's been a Spurs stalwart for ages and I feel can still play a huge part next season.

I haven't seen much of Lamela either, though from what I can gather he's a wing forward, can use both feet and head the ball, has pace and is not afraid to take people on either. Not as direct as Bale, and doesn't have the same shot, but would definitely score and set up goals. Admittedly I'm sort of jumping on the bandwagon with him as I've only really seen Youtube clips and read scout reports/etc, it's more the fact that he's done really well in Italy, is only 21 and he'd be the first Argentinian at the club Taricco!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd be gutted if Lennon went. Call me a romantic but I'd love to see us see us achieve some success with some of the old guard still involved... Dawson, Benny, Lennon, Defoe rather that a bunch of players brought in this summer or last summer. Feels a bit too much like what citeh and chelski have done in the recent past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'd be gutted if Lennon went. Call me a romantic but I'd love to see us see us achieve some success with some of the old guard still involved... Dawson, Benny, Lennon, Defoe rather that a bunch of players brought in this summer or last summer. Feels a bit too much like what citeh and chelski have done in the recent past.

Don't be afraid now. I don't care who leaves if they are replaced by better players. Lennon and Defoe are not top class and are not going to improve now. I am not hoping they leave but if we bring in better and need to balance the books, fcuk the romance, give me success.

Advertisement