Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Capoue: "There are only some paperwork to sign now. I will be at the training ground tomorrow. Tottenham is a super club. Its the best club to continue my career. It should be official very quickly now."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Don't be afraid now. I don't care who leaves if they are replaced by better players. Lennon and Defoe are not top class and are not going to improve now. I am not hoping they leave but if we bring in better and need to balance the books, fcuk the romance, give me success.

We are always a much better team with Lennon, not just a better team but a more Spurs like team. A true winger with true pace. I really think his crossing has improved over the years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Some quotes from Capoue:

"There are only some paperwork to sign now. I will be at the training ground tomorrow. Tottenham is a super club."

"Its the best club to continue my career. It should be official very quickly now."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ormus wrote: »
    We are always a much better team with Lennon, not just a better team but a more Spurs like team. A true winger with true pace. I really think his crossing has improved over the years too.

I said lennon is not top class, but I am not going to slag him off. If his final ball was better he could be top class.

His goal against the gooners in march when he just ghosted by their defence was brilliant and unforgettable.

My point is if we get an upgrade in any position, take it. If that means moving someone on then so be it. We cant get sentimental about these things. Enjoy the memory but don't cling on at the expense of progress.

As for Defoe what can you say? Brilliant at times and wasteful at times.
    can score for fun and then nothing for weeks and weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I said lennon is not top class, but I am not going to slag him off. If his final ball was better he could be top class.

His goal against the gooners in march when he just ghosted by their defence was brilliant and unforgettable.

My point is if we get an upgrade in any position, take it. If that means moving someone on then so be it. We cant get sentimental about these things. Enjoy the memory but don't cling on at the expense of progress.

As for Defoe what can you say? Brilliant at times and wasteful at times.
    can score for fun and then nothing for weeks and weeks.

Completely disagree on lennon. I believe he is key for our team with his pace. Look at the 3 games he was missing through injury late last season Pool , Fulham and Basle.....we were lost without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Completely disagree on lennon. I believe he is key for our team with his pace. Look at the 3 games he was missing through injury late last season Pool , Fulham and Basle.....we were lost without him.

Yes, because he is all we had for the right wing, we had no cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

davycc wrote: »
    Some quotes from Capoue:

"There are only some paperwork to sign now. I will be at the training ground tomorrow. Tottenham is a super club."

"Its the best club to continue my career. It should be official very quickly now."

With Walker at right back we'll miss Lennons defensive ability more. People seem to miss the fact that his pace allows him to track back brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Have to say I'm ridiculously jealous of yer activity in the transfer window. Showing serious intent, especially if Bale stays and it looks like he will now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

GK: Lloris, Friedel, Gomes

LB: BAE, Rose, Fryers

RB: Walker, Nauhton

CB: Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul,

LW: Bale. Chadli

RW: Lennon, Townsend

CM: Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue? Parker? Carroll

CAM: Sigurdson, Holtby, Ceballos, Falque

FWD: Soldado, Defoe, Adebayor, Coulibaly, Coulthirst , Kane

Guys. Whilst we look the business, I think we need a CB most of all. I can just imagine us having NO fit CBs come Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

L'prof wrote: »
    Have to say I'm ridiculously jealous of yer activity in the transfer window. Showing serious intent, especially if Bale stays and it looks like he will now!

Like I said on the previous page, this is the best transfer window we've ever had and it's not over yet. If we can convince Bale to stay, it'll be amazing, and there's potentially even more strengthening to be done! Unfortunately it won't all be settled by the start of the season but we'll just have to hope we start well and get better with the new players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Also, Lennon was one of our performers of last season. Serious defensive development to his game. Was shocked at how well he got back for great tackles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lennon would only be sold if someone offered in the region of 18mil, and i cant see anyone doing that

Kold wrote: »
    GK: Lloris, Friedel, Gomes

LB: BAE, Rose, Fryers

RB: Walker, Nauhton

CB: Dawson, Vertonghen, Kaboul,

LW: Bale. Chadli

RW: Lennon, Townsend

CM: Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Capoue? Parker? Carroll

CAM: Sigurdson, Holtby, Ceballos, Falque

FWD: Soldado, Defoe, Adebayor, Coulibaly, Coulthirst , Kane

Guys. Whilst we look the business, I think we need a CB most of all. I can just imagine us having NO fit CBs come Xmas.

Capoue can play CB.

I feel we're more lacking at LB (if AVB has fallen out of love for BAE). Rose is good going forward, but not good defensively although he could be ok with some coaching, in the modern game they don't need to be able to tackle, just to shepherd them out to the corner flag or into the path of the CB and CM.

Also, I feel we badly need a CAM, someone who can pick out that perfect pass. Hopefully Siggy or Holtby (injured) can step up and improve their game. Our team still lacks the Moutinho figure AVB so badly desires.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 1m

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Toulouse for the transfer of Etienne Capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Lennon would only be sold if someone offered in the region of 18mil, and i cant see anyone doing that

If nobody is going ot do that then he obviously isn't worth that.

Lennon is great on the right of a midfield 4, I'm not so sure he would work as well if we go 4-3-3, he doesn't have enough goals in his game ot play that role.

Either way, he is a very valuable squad/team member.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

GS11 wrote: »

I dunno about that, he's English so there is that added English player tax :P

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

GS11 wrote: »

Lennon is great on the right of a midfield 4, I'm not so sure he would work as well if we go 4-3-3, he doesn't have enough goals in his game ot play that role.

Either way, he is a very valuable squad/team member.

There is no way Lennon should be sold. It may be great shifting some of the deadwood - Livermore, Parker etc and replacing then with genuine quality eg Paulinho, but I don't see a reason for getting rid of Lennon.
    He came off the wing a few times last season to great affect and with his pace he still causes defenders lots of trouble. Over the past few seasons he has had Evra & Cole chasing shadows and not many players can say that.

Players like Lennon & Bale are the reason we support Spurs. We have always had fast exciting wingers at WHL and long may it continue.

SSN reporting that AVB says Bale will not be involved at start of the season.

Unless they are very close to a deal to sell or he really is injured this is a farce.

SSN reporting that AVB says Bale will not be involved at start of the season.

Unless they are very close to a deal to sell or he really is injured this is a farce.

Even if he stays, it would be disrespectful to the others to play him. AVB is very political like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lennon is essential, no one likes playing against pace.

• Advertisement

last year Modric and now Bale. Just could do without it. If Bale stays and settles down then all will be forgiven but this type of thing can cost points early on. Its more dissapointing this time as we wouldn't expect this carry on from Bale. Unless of course it is a genuine injury?

Still with only two weeks until window shuts the end of this saga, one way or the other is close.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I wouldn't see the Bale saga disrupting the team in anyway, he's been kept away from the squad and rightly so. The club have acted superbly, there's been no leaks, at press conference's the question is shot down.

He was the focal point last season, some players may have even felt over shadowed. We've a super looking squad with more additions to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

He's going to be out injured for at least anther week. I can't see him playing until September.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I wouldn't see the Bale saga disrupting the team in anyway, he's been kept away from the squad and rightly so. The club have acted superbly, there's been no leaks, at press conference's the question is shot down.

He was the focal point last season, some players may have even felt over shadowed. We've a super looking squad with more additions to come.

If your best player doesn't want to play and this costs points then it is disruptive. I agree with you that the club have acted very well on this all along. AVB seems very astute dealing with this sort of thing, just like he did with Ade last year after going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Lads Bale will stay he'll miss the first two games and be unleashed on the gooners to devastating effect in a 5-0 drubbing:D positive thinking lads its going to be a great season for us.

This will make you folks smile, search for #WengerOut on Twitter

The Duke ‏@KellyEdenNo1 2h
    Tottenham (OUT): Caulker, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Livermore, Gallas. (IN): Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue
    Forever in our shadow?
    #WengerOut

Njuguna ‏@njogz 2h
    Tottenham have signed Capoue making their fourth signing. Wenger is still looking for "the right players".... #WengerOut

Alan Cody ‏@goonercody 3h
    The Yids are making good positive signings. It'll serve that prick Wenger right when we're left behind. He's ruining our club. #Wengerout

Yeah, some people are fools, we've our own special bunch of them supporting spurs too :P

Hashtag AVBout :P

This will make you folks smile, search for #WengerOut on Twitter

The Duke ‏@KellyEdenNo1 2h
    Tottenham (OUT): Caulker, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Livermore, Gallas. (IN): Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado, Capoue
    Forever in our shadow?
    #WengerOut

Njuguna ‏@njogz 2h
    Tottenham have signed Capoue making their fourth signing. Wenger is still looking for "the right players".... #WengerOut

Alan Cody ‏@goonercody 3h
    The Yids are making good positive signings. It'll serve that prick Wenger right when we're left behind. He's ruining our club. #Wengerout

Does "wengerout" sound like some strange kind of vegetable?

Say what you want but he (Wenger) continually gets them into a CL spot so he must be doing summat right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Say what you want but he (Wenger) continually gets them into a CL spot so he must be doing summat right.

I agree, but recently it has because we messed up (went on a bad patch) or were poisoned on the last game of the year.

Advertisement