Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

joeguevara wrote: »
    I agree, but recently it has because we messed up (went on a bad patch) or were poisoned on the last game of the year.

I feel we only go ahead of them because they're usually busy with the CL. When they get knocked out they go on a streak (didn't they win 12 on the spin at the end of last season?). I don't like the scum but it just feels silly to ridicule them when they're very well run indeed. I'd prefer CL football to transfer activity personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I feel we only go ahead of them because they're usually busy with the CL. When they get knocked out they go on a streak (didn't they win 12 on the spin at the end of last season?). I don't like the scum but it just feels silly to ridicule them when they're very well run indeed. I'd prefer CL football to transfer activity personally.

Well said vandman

Andros Townsend retweeted some QPR supporter welcoming him back and then tweeted saying sorry a few minutes later

♦GARO♦ ‏@g_a_zz 17h
    just when I'm giving up on u I read this!He's coming home,he's coming home,he's coming @andros_townsend coming home! http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-tom-ince-target-2166703
    Retweeted by andros townsend

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend
    53s

Sorry guys didn't mean that last retweet! Don't want to fuel tabloid speculation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@EriksenBjarne: Tottenham are in talks with Ajax about signing defender Toby Alderweireld, the players father has announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

@EriksenBjarne: Tottenham are in talks with Ajax about signing defender Toby Alderweireld, the players father has announced.

Hope this is true, can't see much of a downside to signing this guy.

I'd even play him ahead of Walker.

Ormus wrote: »
    Hope this is true, can't see much of a downside to signing this guy.

I'd even play him ahead of Walker.

I thought he was more of a CB, that's where he played alongside Verts at Ajax. This would leave us with lots of native French speaking defenders and GK

Makes me want him even more

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Makes me want him even more

phrasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't shoot me if this is a damp squip :)
    indykaila News @indykaila 3m

World exclusive coming up for Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

mike65 wrote: »

Could it possibly be announcement of a player signing a new contract?

We're used to it now mate, we don't get excited, it'll be something non significant

indykaila News ‏@indykaila4m
    If #MUFC & #AFC don't follow up on their enquires regarding Fellaini, #THFC will be waiting to take advantage. Confirmed by trusted source.

Do not want. He's a dirty player, besides can't see where he'd fit

Edit, just found this on another forum
    I suggest you read through @IndyLiar's timeline. Just rips apart the guy's tweets and exposes the bull****.

https://twitter.com/indyliar

and this
    indykalia is entirely fake. Confirmed Thiago had completed his move to United, twice. Fabregas once too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Why don't we just buy Belgium the bloody entire country at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fellaini is a complete non-runner for so many reasons.

Hmm, this is interesting, previously ENIC invested in Slavia Prague when they were bottom of the table fighting relegation. It took them 11 years to invest heavily in a title winning team and build a stadium (Eden Arena) and then they sold it for huge profit.

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-daily-itk-discussion-thread-the-yakult-edition-15th-august-2013.100591/page-26#post-3521298

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very interesting - it's a lot of money to spend on investing though, obviously unless Bale is going, though selling Bale would make the club less appealing as an investment. Or would it? I'd never cut it in the world of finance.

I thought he was more of a CB, that's where he played alongside Verts at Ajax. This would leave us with lots of native French speaking defenders and GK

He is more of a centre back, that's why I said I'd even go so far as to play him at right back, which is the other position he can play in.

According to Italian newspaper Futbol Mercado we have offered Roma €47m for Lamela and Pjanic

According to Italian newspaper Futbol Mercado we have offered Roma €47m for Lamela and Pjanic

Surely not. Would be exciting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That awkward feeling when Spurs sign more midfielders/attackers and you get the feeling Bale must be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

That awkward feeling when Spurs sign more midfielders/attackers and you get the feeling Bale must be going.

I think his silence is telling. Even so maybe he hasn't a fcuking clue how this is going to end?

If we replaced Bale with Lamela and Pjanic I could nearly take that.

I can't believe we'd sign both of them and also keep Bale.

That would be Man City style stockpiling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we are signing them, then Bale must surely be on his way out. I still hope we keep him, as even if we get Lamela and Pjanic, it'd take a while for the team to gel. Our squad would have been strenghtened massively though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Kiith wrote: »
    If we are signing them, then Bale must surely be on his way out. I still hope we keep him, as even if we get Lamela and Pjanic, it'd take a while for the team to gel. Our squad would have been strenghtened massively though.

I was optimistic or maybe in denial about the bale saga until recently. I think he will leave unless them spaniards don't come up with the right amount of cash. Twill all be revealed soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Ah sure that lads useless wait until something happens before the window closes someone leaves or someone arrives and he'll be like remember that exclusive I was talking about it's like cold reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Tom Carroll off to Watford on loan according to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Tom Carroll off to Watford on loan according to the internet.
    That would be good for him he's more than capable at Premier League level but experience would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

That would be good for him he's more than capable at Premier League level but experience would be worth it.

Tom Carroll needs to be setting the Championship alight, if he's to fulfil his potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tom Carroll needs to be setting the Championship alight, if he's to fulfil his potential.

I'd rather he stayed and played in EL etc...

Advertisement