Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Eto'o. Jayzus I might just cream myself If we pulled that one off. On the downside he is 32 now and on re-donk-ulous wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Eto'o?? No thanks. I think he's the highest paid player in the world for a start (on wages alone). He was also outscored last year by Lacina Traoré.

Not worth half the money he's currently on but surely if anyone could get 20+ goals a season its him.

13 and 10 goals in his last 2 seasons in Russia, wouldn't be sure he's the man for us. Slightly better stats overall that Goldado, but several years older and 4 times his wage. It's non runner, no point even discussing it. Apparently he earns €20,000,000 a year after tax, which equates to just under €400,000 a week. We'd pay him what, €100,000 a week? He'd be a fool to take it. Plus he cost them €26m, I'm presuming they'll want to recoup some of that figure.

That's a terrible return for a player of his talent. Gotten lazy since he got the money it sounds like.

100k and maybe £8-9M and then its up for consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He's such as sell out too, it's not because of the money because let's be fair not many would turn down that kind of money coming to the end of their career.

What bothers me about him is that he was such a loud voice in the anti-racism side of football (quite rightly, its truky the worst part that remains in the game) really the poster boy for it at one point saying players should walk off and so on then he goes play in the league/country that is just about the most racist you can get. I'd say he gets absolutely hounded at games but ignores it for the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Eto is another adebayour

What we need is a hungry player like Suarez, someone who will fight for 90 mins

I'm sick of lazy players like pav / adebayour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Calum @calumhdavidson

Just bumped into Benoit Assou Ekotto in France - says he's been told by AVB not to report for training #bbcfootball pic.twitter.com/Lt2YEpmCp3

mickman wrote: »
    What we need is a hungry player like Suarez,

A bit too hungry though....just ask Branislav Ivanovic! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Advertisement

Re BAE. Hope that's not true. Why would he treat him so shoddily...

Bit of a daft thing to do if he's our only cover at LB. Rose could break a leg today for all we know. Sounds like horse ****e

I saw an interview with Rose where he basically said BAE had a poor attitude re turning up to training etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Re BAE. Hope that's not true. Why would he treat him so shoddily...

Bit of a daft thing to do if he's our only cover at LB. Rose could break a leg today for all we know. Sounds like horse ****e

Agreed - nothing I have seen about AVB would lead me to believe he would approach man management like that. Sounds to me like an attention seeking ITK style fan tweet.

Unless of course Benny has been shafting AVB's missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I would believe this

We all like bennys relaxed attitude but let's face it, it's not very professional

We have naughton as cover but I still think that contreou will sign

I saw an interview with Rose where he basically said BAE had a poor attitude re turning up to training etc.

Yes, I also read he was top of the list for fines from the club

Looks like this Halilovic is near done, one for the future, can't come till he's 18

Aleksandar Holiga @AlexHoliga

Update re: #Halilovic #Spurs - Jutarnji list claim Halilovic the dad has agreed on principle to Spurs' terms for Alen. The deal is a go now.

Aleksandar Holiga @AlexHoliga

Dinamo are keen to sell, the family is keen to go, Spurs will get the kid for €15M. But he won't play for them before turning 18.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

15 million for an unproven 17 year old? Hmm, seems like a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Kiith wrote: »
    15 million for an unproven 17 year old? Hmm, seems like a lot.

Would surely depend on future appearances etc.

Osvaldo to Southampton has been confirmed, bad news for us as I can't see them selling both him and Lamela

• Advertisement

Unless Bale goes I can't see us buying any more strikers or midfielders, a defender might be brought in, but it won't be for anything significant. We have 3 top CBs as it is.

If Bale goes though, I haven't clue who will replace him, but hopefully he will be replaced. Willian or Lamela would be more than adequate. If we go in for Willian, he ain't going to Liverpool.

Lots of talk on Twitter about us being close to geting Willian

Then there's this which makes me smile

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 2m
    If Spurs get Willian, as anticipated, sign a top central defender, and keep @GarethBale11 they could seriously challenge this season.

Lots of talk on Twitter about us being close to geting Willian

Then there's this which makes me smile

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker 2m
    If Spurs get Willian, as anticipated, sign a top central defender, and keep @GarethBale11 they could seriously challenge this season.

If ye sign Willian that would hit 80m for the summer. Not sure how ye would finance that.

If ye sign Willian that would hit 80m for the summer. Not sure how ye would finance that.

50m from Joe Lewis, 40m from TV money and all the outgoings leaves us with cash left over

50m from Joe Lewis, 40m from TV money and all the outgoings leaves us with cash left over

What's in it for Joe Lewis?

Any fears from Spurs fans at all that ye'r spending Bale money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Meltdown on the pool super thread is funny over willian. You would swear we were taking their player!!!!

What's in it for Joe Lewis?

Any fears from Spurs fans at all that ye'r spending Bale money?

He owns ENIC, he owns 70% of the club, Levy owns the other 30%. It's an investment, supposedly he's backed us as he wants us to be title contenders. CL football earned the club 35m so is worthwhile.

See this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86019425&postcount=3107

Meltdown on the pool super thread is funny over willian. You would swear we were taking their player!!!!

AVB tried twice to sign him, with Chelsea and last yr with us

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet
    2m

#THFC replace #LFC as favs to sign Willian due to a run of bets at as short as 8/15: http://sky.me/19rUni8 . Story to follow @SkySports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I must head over to the pool super thread for a nosey--id fuuking love it if we got Willian he is a class act imo

Advertisement