Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Jason Burt @JBurtTelegraph

Was hoping Willian update would keep for Telegraph newspaper tomorrow but it does appear #THFC are hoping to hijack #LFC deal

Supposedly, they've offered 27m, we've come in with 30m

Quotes from Willian from last Summer

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
    7m
    Willian last Summer: "Andre Villas-Boas wanted to bring me to Chelsea and also tried at Tottenham." #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
    7m
    Willian last Summer: "I mean, Tottenham is a big club and it has a good person in charge." #THFC

Haha he's just followed Sandro and Paulinho on twitter....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lol why not gomes too he must be off then can see it in the sun tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If we got Willian and Bale stayed I'd be walking on cloud nine,what a team we'd have then.make it so Levy.

• Advertisement

Folks, Spurs forums are on overload, If tonight's news and itk is all true, we're in with offers for Willian, Lamela and Erikson ahahahahahaha!!!! that is epic

and still not sure if Bale is gone, but it's highly likely as the above would be a further 70m. Then there's talk of Coentrao from RM

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some of the posts in the Liverpool transfer thread over Willian are hilarious. This was my personal favourite - 'Any serious footballer picks Liverpool all day, every day'.

Classic :P

this was mine :

Originally Posted by Hello 2D Person Below View Post
    Nonsense.

He'll be touching the 'This is Anfield' sign, in no time. A choice between Liverpool and Spurs?

It's a no contest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seriously though, regarding Willian. Is he actually any good? And do we really want another 20-30 million midfielder? He's a left winger from what i'm reading, so we'd have Bale (possibly), Chadli and Willian for that position.

id play bale on the right wing where he has been brilliant at cutting inside & scoring ...put lennon on the bench..

Chadli On the bench & willian as starter for left wing,,

we only need another cb lb & ericksen & jobs a good one

sorted :-)

start lennon & townsend in the europa lge I hope we go out of it asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

davycc wrote: »
    id play bale on the right wing where he has been brilliant at cutting inside & scoring ...put lennon on the bench..

Chadli On the bench & willian as starter for left wing,,

we only need another cb lb & ericksen & jobs a good one

sorted :-)

start lennon & townsend in the europa lge I hope we go out of it asap

The winner qualifies for the CL starting from this season onwards, I think we should take it seriously and it's some silverware!

Willian can play on the centre or on the wing, he's the creative spark we're missing. Doesn't score that many goals but his assist stats are through the roof

Stats
    08/09- 52 appearances, 8 goals 12 assists
    09/10- 39 appearances, 7 goals 7 assists
    10/11- 43 appearances, 8 goals 12 assists
    11/12- 39 appearances, 6 goals 15 assists
    12/13- 35 appearances, 8 goals 15 assists
    13/14- 4 appearances, 3 assists

Now, will be go to Lpool where he'll never understand the language or come to London where the manager speaks his language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Guys

If we sign William then bale will likely go . Don't think we can have both

mickman wrote: »
    Guys

If we sign William then bale will likely go . Don't think we can have both

I wouldn't be so sure, all the Spanish media now saying is unlikely. You'd probably see some drastic sales, like Siggy or Lennon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I wouldn't be so sure, all the Spanish media now saying is unlikely. You'd probably see some drastic sales, like Siggy or Lennon

Don't get this Lennon bashing. He was our main outlet yday. Of all the players Lennon would be the last one i'd like to lose. His defending has improved no end and you can't beat pace. OK final ball is poor but without him yday that was a 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Don't get this Lennon bashing. He was our main outlet yday. Of all the players Lennon would be the last one i'd like to lose. His defending has improved no end and you can't beat pace. OK final ball is poor but without him yday that was a 0-0

Aye but if he could actually cross it should have been 3-0!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Inquitus wrote: »

You can only get 3 points:p

siggy or lennon would not generate anymore than 10 million whereas willian will cost 30 sure that wont work

we definetely dont need bale and willian so it will be one or the other

AVB was asked by a reporter , does your team even need bale after the win against palace and avb said " our performance today answered that question" , he also said bale wont be available until September

To me this means that avb is preparing for bale being sold. Its very odd that bale is injured until just after the transfer window closes, I dont believe it to be honest. I think that bale and spurs have both agreed to him not playing until the situation is resolved. If madrid come up with the cash then he will go, if not then he will return to the squad on sept 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i agree with this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15122/8877239/wheres-the-subtlety

i dont think we need to sign willian/lamela if bale is stayin this year, not that i'd be against signin them, but i think the priority should be a playmaker. (also a CB)

as much as i like siggy i dont think he is top 4 quality. hopefully he and hotby if given the time he will prove me wrong. from what i saw yesterday we failed to create clear cut chances through the middle. this was much the same issue last year. as its been said in the match thread, we havnt really recovered from the loss of modric with regard to this issue. if we were to sign an erikson/pjanic type we would be a seriously dangerous team, capable of attacking through the middle or down the flanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Willian - apparently 28m agreed with both spurs and liverpool, the player to decide by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Inquitus wrote: »

Is that really fair? I don't remember many bad crosses by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

nipps wrote: »
    i agree with this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15122/8877239/wheres-the-subtlety

i dont think we need to sign willian/lamela if bale is stayin this year, not that i'd be against signin them, but i think the priority should be a playmaker. (also a CB)

as much as i like siggy i dont think he is top 4 quality. hopefully he and hotby if given the time he will prove me wrong. from what i saw yesterday we failed to create clear cut chances through the middle. this was much the same issue last year. as its been said in the match thread, we havnt really recovered from the loss of modric with regard to this issue. if we were to sign an erikson/pjanic type we would be a seriously dangerous team, capable of attacking through the middle or down the flanks.

Willian is a playmaker...has 10-15 assists in each of his last 4 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Said it before and I'll say it again, surely we are only spending all this money because we will get it all back in a weeks time ? Hopefully I'm completly wrong and he's staying...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Said it before and I'll say it again, surely we are only spending all this money because we will get it all back in a weeks time ? Hopefully I'm completly wrong and he's staying...

I agree, if willian or lamela signs then bale is gone

Hatch99 wrote: »

Bale has to be gone. We're splashing the cash and he just happens to be "injured" until the transfer window closes? Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Reports now quoting AVB saying no bid has been made by us for Willian.

Advertisement