Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'll be honest, I haven't seen either play enough to cast a preference but AVB has wanted Willian for a while and I'd trust his judgement. Either (while keeping Bale) would be brilliant though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Seleção Brasileira@BrazilStats

BREAKING - Willian flying to London to have his medical with #THFC today. [Daily Mail]

8 minutes ago

Seleção Brasileira@BrazilStats

BREAKING - Willian looks to be #THFC's latest addition. [Matt Law, Chief football writer for the Sunday Mirror]

19 minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The Mail claim Willian is in London for a medical.

The arsenal thread is funny reading at the moment. They're pulling their hair out at out spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    The arsenal thread is funny reading at the moment. They're pulling their hair out at out spending.

is this forum on boards.ie or elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

BSGzGXWIgAASgZ4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mickman wrote: »
    is this forum on boards.ie or elsewhere?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997493&page=162

BSGzGXWIgAASgZ4.jpg

Throw that in the pool and arsenal superthreads in the SF for the crack...ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Godge wrote: »
    Spurs have also bought a lot of duds over the last few years. If you could say one thing they were better at, it was getting rid of them quickly.

A few examples:

Scott Parker, bought for £6m two years ago, sold for ??, bet they took a loss on that.

Clint Dempsey, lasted a year, bought for £7m, sold for peanuts?.

Ezekiel Fryers, who??, bought last year for £3m.

Adebarndoor, bought for £5m, now in Bendtner league.

Are Holtby, Sigurddson, Ceballos, Coulibaly, who all cost money in the last two years, new first-teamers who would walk into our line-up??

There is the strange case of Van der Vaart, who never seemed to last 90 minutes, showed a lot of nice touches, but just didn't seem to have that extra bit of class or was it application?

You only have to go back about four years to see the £15m plus big contract spent on David Bentley (some of which ended up in our coffers:)) Don't think there was any Wenger signing as bad as that one in terms of fee plus wages versus appearances and contriubtions.

I am not saying that we are in a good place but faraway hills may look green from a distance but if you get up close and examine most club's transfer dealings in detail, you see as much failure and expense as you see success and value.

From the Arsenal thread...

So much garbage in that post yet they all seem to agree with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

If Bale leaves is it really that bad? If you get Lamela and Coentrao then Spurs have a squad to rival City imo. Defo on paper I'd have it City, Spurs and then Chelsea. Spurs have a good manager as well, the one thing I think Spurs will lack is a confidence/arrogance. Its the reason I believe Arsenal finished above you last season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Lamela and Willian. Surely it can only be one or the other?

Crazy rumour of the day. Caulker was sold for slagging off Joe Lewis's daughter. Does he even have a daughter does anyone know!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Lamela and Willian. Surely it can only be one or the other?

you'd imagine so. does anyone think bale is watching all this thinking "ill have willian on 1 side,lamela on the other and soldado in front of me.im staying put"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/30491-spurs-accept-93-million-bale-bid.php

rumours abound that the deal is done and willian will move to spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

At Heathrow today...

BSG-IQlIgAA9fKr.jpg

Sky Italy now claiming Bale is done. 93 million euro plus Coentrao. Seems more of a rehash, plus it is Sky so telly for numbnuts but we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Liverpool thread gone into meltdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

slegs wrote: »
    Liverpool thread gone into meltdown...
    Brilliant!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Enjoy it! :p

Bale/Real has completely ****ed up the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

How good is Willian? The left winger yiz had against Palace didn't seem up to much, he a big improvement? Contraoe (sp?) is a very good player.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Enjoy it! :p

Bale/Real has completely ****ed up the market.

Very true.

It would make you think that the deal is done but kept quite so as not to inflate the price of our new targets. Either that or AVB is genius beyond want I can comprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Saab Ed wrote: »

Been following their thread in detail for the last 4-5 weeks as its one of the most active on boards.
    Makes for good reading when things are quiet in here.
    an awful lot of over-reaction but the tide is certainly turning on AW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Anybody else think we're signing these players so that Bale will sign a new five year deal?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

@BenSmithBBC: Spurs now look set to complete moves for Wilian and Erik Lamela. Anyone would think they were about to come into some money.

Some business being done if true! Bale to be sold, Coentrao to arrive and we've a serious squad on our hands! Yiddos!

It will be great for a change to watch the likes of Arsenal United and Pool panic buying on deadline day rather than us.

If we get Willian and Lamela , Levy will really have delivered this summer

Can't work with the excitement!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can't work with the excitement!!!!!

ditto, refresh...refresh...REFRESH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This is fantasy stuff, I'll believe it when I see it.

I wanna see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

im off to the arsenal thread for my daily comedy fix...the wheel is finally turning. coys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Niether deal has been finished and both players will need time to bed in so no jumping for joy just yet.

That said some very impressive moves in the market this summer as opposed to the usual deadline day stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Niether deal has been finished and both players will need time to bed in so no jumping for joy just yet.

That said some very impressive moves in the market this summer as opposed to the usual deadline day stuff.

Agreed. Think we are getting ahead of ourselves, no done deals just yet (just because we where so awesome at signing players so far this season, still a long way to go :D)

Advertisement