Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Anybody else think we're signing these players so that Bale will sign a new five year deal?? :)

If Only...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I can't help but think that we would be a much stronger team with Lamela, Coentrao and Wllian than Bale. Much stronger, so much so that I'd nearly pay his airfare myself :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We definitely would be stronger. Not sure if any of them would offer the same threat individually, but a stronger team would be more important.

I'd still like to get them all though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

THFC wrote: »
    I can't help but think that we would be a much stronger team with Lamela, Coentrao and Wllian than Bale. Much stronger, so much so that I'd nearly pay his airfare myself :P

Sky sports have just said that Lamelas reps along with Roma officals are in London for talks with Spurs.
    Zenit have offered more money for Willian but he wants to play under AVB, also just on sky sports news.
    Future is looking good although it will take a while for them all to gel together that is if they are all arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Shammy wrote: »
    Sky sports have just said that Lamelas reps along with Roma officals are in London for talks with Spurs.
    Zenit have offered more money for Willian but he wants to play under AVB, also just on sky sports news.
    Future is looking good although it will take a while for them all to gel together that is if they are all arriving.

Looking like they are all in a hurry now. My guess is that there is a Bale RM announcement deadline of this week and we have to have all our business done by then to avoid getting shafted. I hope not but it really does look that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Do you think there is any truth in this falcao rumour? http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-08-19/top-five-transfer-rumours-spurs-close-on-falcao-and-willian-arsenal-eye-bakkali-liverpool-want-sakho/

Btw 2nd generation spurs fan...started supporting them the day we got beaten by Coventry in the FA Cup in 87 at the ripe old age of 8. Favourite player was Mabutt. 2nd favourite Klinsmann.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Anybody else think we're signing these players so that Bale will sign a new five year deal?? :)

I must admit that I said this quite tongue in cheek...... but I've been thinking about it long and hard since.

The last time I counted up Joe Lewis's pennies he was worth about £2.5bn.

The last time I counted Joe Lewis's age he was 76.

When you think about the Sparta Prague example White Hart Loon put up here a few days back, the one about Enic's investment before sale.

When you think about our new stadium and the NEED to have Champions League football in order to generate a large naming deal.

When you think about our push towards the US, the partnership with Under Armour and Gareth Bale's face on a billboard on Times Square.

When you think that for the last how many years that we've all felt that we are on the cusp of real success.

Is it so ridiculous that Joe Lewis might have parted with £60m of his £2.5 BILLION fortune to support AVB in the transfer market...... WITHOUT having to sell Bale???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is it so ridiculous that Joe Lewis might have parted with £60m of his £2.5 BILLION fortune to support AVB in the transfer market...... WITHOUT having to sell Bale???

Arwh man, stop teasing us with all this logic :D
    I'm starting to get a little giddy at the idea of having all these new signings incl Willian and Lamela and BALE. Think I need a cold shower to bring me back to reality.

I didn't think we could replace Bale, and of course, man-for-man we can't, but bloody hell even if we only sign one from Willian and Lumela I will be delighted.

Now *cracks knuckles*, when do we start bidding for these two Ajax lads and this Falcao fella. Mwhah hah ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Looking at the transfers we have completed, there would be no reason for Bale to leave if he is given a good pay rise and an extended contract.

What wages are the new guys getting when they sign? hardly 50K a week?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

I hate to be negative but none of these players will solve our eternal problem under AVB.

How the hell do we break teams down, especially at home? We still need someone like Luka imo. We are set up to score first and play on the counter with pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I know what you mean but players like Modric are few and far between and there's no point in putting a square peg into a round hole. In the past, lots of very successful teams have done very well without a deep lying playmaker and lots of them will have lots of success without one in the future.

I think we'll be fine if we get these players in. Siggs was never good enough tbh, but he's a good squad player. Holtby looks to be at a similar level to Siggs, and Dempsey was a level below.

The most important thing about this transfer window, and I'm not just talking about the apparent impending transfers of Lamela and Willian, but of everyone we've signed thus far, is that we've filled out squad with quality. Last season we weren't able to replace Sandro, which imo ultimately cost us CL. This season we have Paulinho, Demebele & Capoue that can all play that position (along with Sandro), leaving the others to fill in further up the field. Our squad is frighteningly good. I really believe that, perhaps not this season, but next season, we have a real shot at the title. Our squad would be that good with all these supposed players.

Also, regarding Bale, I honestly believe he may want to stay now. He's not stupid, he know we're building a squad that can rival any other's, especially in the PL. If he's at Spurs come September 1st along with Willian and Lamela, I think we would challenge for the title, and I don't say that lightly. However, all things considered, I think he will go, but he'll be looking over his shoulder on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Arsenal are supposed to be ready to trump any bid of ours for Lamela. More posturing or genuine bid. I'd say they just running us up if its true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Latest ITK from the goat
    The Goat has been told that that Willian is confirmed apart from medical, all AVB work, that Lamela is our next target, all Baldini work, AND there is a further CF relating to Ade's pending transfer, which in turn relates to Fenerbache's continued participation in the Champions League, although other offers for him also in early stages.

Willian and Lamela are NOT related to the Bale money - but there is an offer on the table, which may be taken. Coentrao mentioned IS part of this. Will only be taken if up-front cash increased, or overall deal size increased RE future income phases and FFP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

golfball37 wrote: »
    I hate to be negative but none of these players will solve our eternal problem under AVB.

How the hell do we break teams down, especially at home? We still need someone like Luka imo. We are set up to score first and play on the counter with pace.

Willian gets a load of assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Latest ITK from the goat

Can't believe that we would be interested in Willian and lamela if bale was staying

Where would they all play

mickman wrote: »
    Can't believe that we would be interested in Willian and lamela if bale was staying

All 3 behind Soldado ;)

If Bale stays and we sign Lamela and Willian:

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - Rose
    Sandro - Paulinho/Dembele
    Lamela - Willian - Bale
    Soldado

Bench:
    Dembele/Paulinho, Siggs, Holtby, Defoe, Lennon, Chadli, Dawson, Capoué & Friedel

:eek::eek::eek:

That's an incredible squad, amazing depth. Give me please!!!! Obvious weak spot is Rose, that needs to be addressed.

THFC wrote: »
    If Bale stays and we sign Lamela and Willian:

Lloris
    Walker - Kaboul - Verts - Rose
    Sandro - Paulinho/Dembele
    Lamela - Willian - Bale
    Soldado

Bench:
    Dembele/Paulinho, Siggs, Holtby, Defoe, Lennon, Chadli, Dawson, Capoué & Friedel

:eek::eek::eek:

That's an incredible squad, amazing depth. Give me please!!!! Obvious weak spot is Rose, that needs to be addressed.

Rose is the weak link, need LB

Seleção Brasileira @BrazilStats

BREAKING - Reliable Lancenet has just confirmed Willian who is in London will officially be a #THFC player tomorrow. http://www.lancenet.com.br/futebol-internacional/Willian-sera-reforco-Tottenham_0_977902240.html

• Advertisement

I'd say it will be

Lloris
    Walker verts. Daws. Contreou

Lennon paulinho sandro dembele

Willian
    Soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I'd say it will be

Lloris
    Walker verts. Daws. Contreou

Lennon paulinho sandro dembele

Willian
    Soldado

One change to above for me mick...Kaboul for Dawson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In the Champions League bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

What about BAE & Ade have we any transfers lined up to flog our remaining deadwood?

I know appertly BAE was told he could take some time off as not in AVBs plans?

if we dont sign another striker we may as well hold onto Ade MAYBE having some proper competition for places will see him up his efforts?

davycc wrote: »
    What about BAE & Ade have we any transfers lined up to flog our remaining deadwood?

I know appertly BAE was told he could take some time off as not in AVBs plans?

if we dont sign another striker we may as well hold onto Ade MAYBE having some proper competition for places will see him up his efforts?

Read somewhere this morning that they are afraid BAE won't pass a medical, that he failed one already

One change to above for me mick...Kaboul for Dawson

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Seleção Brasileira @BrazilStats

BREAKING - Reliable Lancenet has just confirmed Willian who is in London will officially be a #THFC player tomorrow. http://www.lancenet.com.br/futebol-internacional/Willian-sera-reforco-Tottenham_0_977902240.html

There was one or maybe two words in that article I couldn't read!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

its called brazillian & AVB is fluent already seemingly ;-)

Not sure how legit this is

Transfer news ‏@TransferNews007 3 m
    #THFC waiting for international clearance and work permit to announce Willian
    not legit has 57 followers
    Tottenham Talk ‏@tottenhamtalk1 1 m
    Text received "Willian all done, Spurs player" via @Adam79Suter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Read somewhere this morning that they are afraid BAE won't pass a medical, that he failed one already

The dude strikes me as a massive stoner. Heard that he is always late to training and as a result has racked up record fines at the clubs.

I like his attitude sometimes but if he doesn't care who he's showing up to play I doubt AVB has much time for him.

Advertisement