Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Funny stuff in the Liverpool thread today. I still find it amazing that they think they can challenge for 4th. They'll be lucky to finish 6th imo, Arsenal also well ahead of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Wayne Veysey @wayneveysey

No agreement reached today between #THFC & Roma over Lamela. Spurs want him & £29.9m fee + wages no issue but Roma want replacement in place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

THFC wrote: »
    Funny stuff in the Liverpool thread today. I still find it amazing that they think they can challenge for 4th. They'll be lucky to finish 6th imo, Arsenal also well ahead of them.

Plenty of people getting carried away with themselves in here as well though.
    Yes we are building a good squad, but we may be about to lose our best player.
    Liverpool have a good first XI, fourth place isn't that unrealistic for them.
    And I'd like to actually finish ahead of Arsenal before laying into them.
    Exciting times at the Lane, no doubt about that, but we've achieved nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Plenty of people getting carried away with themselves in here as well though.
    Yes we are building a good squad, but we may be about to lose our best player.
    Liverpool have a good first XI, fourth place isn't that unrealistic for them.
    And I'd like to actually finish ahead of Arsenal before laying into them.
    Exciting times at the Lane, no doubt about that, but we've achieved nothing yet.

Totally agree about Arsenal. I still think, and have said it already, that we'll be battling it out with Arsenal for 4th, as long as Wenger is there we're not guaranteed anything.

As for Liverpool, it's not that unrealistic, but it's still unrealistic. They should be targeting 6th considering their last 3 seasons. LFC fans seem to think us and Arsenal are their rivals, when in reality they need not look further than their own city for their biggest rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best transfer window ever if all this comes off,even if Bale goes it's some squad.Good times ahead.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Best transfer window ever if all this comes off,even if Bale goes it's some squad.Good times ahead.

Think I'll get a Baldini jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Have we made bids for Messi and Ronaldo yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently, no deal has been reached with Lamela so far, though they are waiting on developments.
    "I'm not in London and what is being said is not the truth," he said. "I'm in the [Italian] capital along with Erik's father. Lamela's relaxed about it all. We're just waiting for developments. Let's see what happens."

Someone is delighted with their new contract

@willianborges88
    3m

Dinner with the best agents in the world! juniormendonza #kia

http://instagram.com/p/dQPqFVwJWL/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

This window confirms, if that was even needed, that Daniel Levy is the best chairman in the league and by a long long way. You only have to look at the dithering of other clubs this window, (I'm looking at you Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U), and compare it to how we have gone about our business. Once targets have been identified we very rarely miss out and of course just look at how he has taken other clubs to the cleaners when they wanted our players Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and most likely Bale. Without Levy we would be nowhere near where we are today, that is a simple fact. Just look at our squad, it has never been stronger and it's genuinely an exciting time to be a Spurs fan. Lets just hope the new lads gel quickly into the team and we do something special this year ... Thanks Daniel :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

awkwardboy wrote: »
    This window confirms, if that was even needed, that Daniel Levy is the best chairman in the league and by a long long way. You only have to look at the dithering of other clubs this window, (I'm looking at you Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U), and compare it to how we have gone about our business. Once targets have been identified we very rarely miss out and of course just look at how he has taken other clubs to the cleaners when they wanted our players Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and most likely Bale. Without Levy we would be nowhere near where we are today, that is a simple fact. Just look at our squad, it has never been stronger and it's genuinely an exciting time to be a Spurs fan. Lets just hope the new lads gel quickly into the team and we do something special this year ... Thanks Daniel :)

Its not really fair to compare ourselves to united. most of the players we bought would not slot into the united team as they have players equally good already so they are looking for a "special" player etc whereas we are looking for many very good players

They are on a different level to us. however we have done much better than arsenal and liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

mickman wrote: »
    Its not really fair to compare ourselves to united. most of the players we bought would not slot into the united team as they have players equally good already so they are looking for a "special" player etc whereas we are looking for many very good players

They are on a different level to us. however we have done much better than arsenal and liverpool

I really do believe we have a stronger squad than United. Look at their midfield and look at ours !!!!!.....I know I know they have RVP

I agree up to a point but most of even all of the midfielders we have bought this window would walk straight into Uniteds midfield. There isn't a single United midfielder I would take ahead of any of our players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I agree up to a point but most of even all of the midfielders we have bought this window would walk straight into Uniteds midfield. There isn't a single United midfielder I would take ahead of any of our players.

valencia ?

valencia ?

He's a reasonable player I think but is he really a "special" player. Is Cleverley or Young in that category too? I doubt it. The only special player they have in my view is Van Persie. Take him out of the side and you have a very ordinary team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He's a reasonable player I think but is he really a "special" player. Is Cleverley or Young in that category too? I doubt it. The only special player they have in my view is Van Persie. Take him out of the side and you have a very ordinary team.

I'd keep Lennon ahead of valencia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Said it before and I'll say it again, surely we are only spending all this money because we will get it all back in a weeks time ? Hopefully I'm completly wrong and he's staying...
    bale is 100% gone and it annoys me to read posts here thinking that he might be staying...i'll bet my house on it that he's gone
    you'd imagine so. does anyone think bale is watching all this thinking "ill have willian on 1 side,lamela on the other and soldado in front of me.im staying put"?
    yeah it's a fantasy alright but ffs lads bale is gone, this deal to RM has been done ages ago, we are obviously spending the money we're about to receive, ffs just look at previous transferwindows, levy hasnt splashed the cash because we;re getting ridiculous money for bale!
    If Only...
    joeguevara wrote: »
    Do you think there is any truth in this falcao rumour? http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2013-08-19/top-five-transfer-rumours-spurs-close-on-falcao-and-willian-arsenal-eye-bakkali-liverpool-want-sakho/

no

fellow spurs fans who think that bale might be staying...you're feckin eejits seriously, don't dare get you're hopes up because bale is 100% gone

HATE TO SAY IT BUT HE'S GONE...reality is a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

nbar12 wrote: »
    bale is 100% gone and it annoys me to read posts here thinking that he might be staying...i'll bet my house on it that he's gone

fellow spurs fans who thing that spurs might be staying...you're feckin eejits seriously, don't dare get you're hopes up because bale is 100% gone

You should bet your house on it so?

Marca haven't printed a single word about Bale since the 17th, they've gone seriously quiet. The deal is not done yet, a big offer is on the table, but with little cash up front which so far Levy has not accepted.

Ormus wrote: »
    You should bet your house on it so?

grand I will, my parents would be a bit pissed off if I put their house up for a bet so lets be realistic here. IF bale is still with us after the transfer window has been shut and randomly on nov 2nd////my birthday he's still at Spurs....I will donate €100 to your choice of charity and I swear to god I will even though I owe a bit of a horrible loan but unfortunately I'm confident Bale is gone...deal?

• Advertisement

grand I will, my parents would be a bit pissed off if I put their house up for a bet so lets be realistic here. IF bale is still with us after the transfer window has been shut and randomly on nov 2nd////my birthday he's still at Spurs....I will donate €100 to your choice of charity and I swear to god I will even though I owe a bit of a horrible loan but unfortunately I'm confident Bale is gone...deal?

Quoting so no ninja editing

Quoting so no ninja editing
    I don't understand you're weirdness, that's either a yes or a no pal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

That's a lovely gesture thanks.

But seriously, if you know it's gonna happen 100%, why not go put a massive bet on and make yourself some money?

If you know it's gonna happen, it's money for nothing.

:D headcases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

So we've enquired about Mamadou Sakho from PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Someone is delighted with their new contract

@willianborges88
    3m

Dinner with the best agents in the world! juniormendonza #kia

http://instagram.com/p/dQPqFVwJWL/

the butthurt from liverpool fans on this is 'triffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

:D headcases

Whether or not Bale is a Spurs player on September 3rd is pure speculation at this stage. There are a few things of which we can be certain. Firstly, he clearly wants to go. All the bs about his new baby, AVB, homebird, loves the club etc pales into insignificance against the fact that an ass injury followed by a toe injury have prevented him from even playing to this point. Yeah right.

On the other hand I would like to hear an explanation from people who think a deal is done and Spurs are spending the money before other clubs get greedy, why Madrid would pay 100M and agree to start their season with their world record signing living in another country while the club receiving the 100M does some shopping? Sponsors, ticket sales, shirt sales are going abegging, let alone league points, teambuilding etc while Spurs finish their shopping? Really? Would you spend 100M and then have your coach say he is happy with squad, your star player clearly imply the new signing wasn't worth the money and an old star come straight out and say he wasnt worth it?

To me the only logical conclusion is that both clubs and player want the deal to be done but are miles apart on cash / valuations of exchanged player (s). RM know Spurs badly want a top class left back, Spurs want the young centre forward but RM don't want to let him go so we are seeing a PR campaign by both sides to get the price each would like. It is just a question of who blinks first and how badly RM want Bale. Spurs will gladly keep him and suffer the dodgy left back for another year.

I have no idea more than anyone else what will happen but I would not be in the least surprised if we get a repeat of Modric: the deal delayed for a year but Spurs don' get the money originally suggested and THFC become Facebook friends with RM again.

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Whether or not Bale is a Spurs player on September 3rd is pure speculation at this stage. There are a few things of which we can be certain. Firstly, he clearly wants to go. All the bs about his new baby, AVB, homebird, loves the club etc pales into insignificance against the fact that an ass injury followed by a toe injury have prevented him from even playing to this point. Yeah right.

On the other hand I would like to hear an explanation from people who think a deal is done and Spurs are spending the money before other clubs get greedy, why Madrid would pay 100M and agree to start their season with their world record signing living in another country while the club receiving the 100M does some shopping? Sponsors, ticket sales, shirt sales are going abegging, let alone league points, teambuilding etc while Spurs finish their shopping? Really? Would you spend 100M and then have your coach say he is happy with squad, your star player clearly imply the new signing wasn't worth the money and an old star come straight out and say he wasnt worth it?

To me the only logical conclusion is that both clubs and player want the deal to be done but are miles apart on cash / valuations of exchanged player (s). RM know Spurs badly want a top class left back, Spurs want the young centre forward but RM don't want to let him go so we are seeing a PR campaign by both sides to get the price each would like. It is just a question of who blinks first and how badly RM want Bale. Spurs will gladly keep him and suffer the dodgy left back for another year.

I have no idea more than anyone else what will happen but I would not be in the least surprised if we get a repeat of Modric: the deal delayed for a year but Spurs don' get the money originally suggested and THFC become Facebook friends with RM again.

But nbar12 said we're all eejits and the deal is done ?

I think we should just close this thread and ask nbar to do a blog instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

don't really care if he goes or stays at this stage
    I'm so tired of the endless speculation and guessing

what will be will be.....

Advertisement