Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

im pretty much sick of it too. Its gone on far too long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think we should just close this thread and ask nbar to do a blog instead.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Nothing is certain yet by any means! RM still owe us money from the Modric deal as well remember, a good £15 million at that.Yes, RM are a very wealthy team, but the have to be very careful especially since the whole of Spain is fcuked and the banks aren't giving any money out. To add to that, like I've said in the past, they have a huge contract to attend to, that of Ronaldo's which will surely cost silly money.

Now if they are to hold onto Ronaldo, give us what we're owed on the Modric deal and fork out for Bale....well then that's serious bucks spent which they simply don't have!

I think spurs are willing to take a gamble, a risk if you will, to actually build a serious squad this season, keeping Bale and to make that top 4 spot.If it does end up that Bale stays with us one more year then it'll certainly be our last year with him in the side. Its make or break for us at this stage to force our way into playing champions league football. Levy and co have been given the green light to spend to improve our squad for the better.

Believe, COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Just saw this on BBC -
    Willian: 2013/14

appearances: Four
    starts: Four
    goals: None
    assists: Three
    pass accuracy: 83.4%

If it's a No.10 we're after, then 3 assists in four games ain't to shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

Just saw this on BBC -

If it's a No.10 we're after, then 3 assists in four games ain't to shabby.

And he's playing in a struggling side, only 2 points from their first 4 games.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    And he's playing in a struggling side, only 2 points from their first 4 games.

Yeah, they've only scored four all season.

Twitter:
    BREAKING: Total agreement between Tottenham, Roma and Erik Lamela. Only thing left is the signing of a 6-year contract [Sky Italy]

Also, though this is harder to swallow:
    Baldini (general manager of @SpursOfficial) in Madrid to close #Bale with @realmadrid. Only cash (£93M) without Coentrao, in this moment.

Do we really think RM have £93m? Do we really think they would pay that for Bale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Apparently Spartak have pulled out of negotiations for Alderweireld, leaving us the only club in discussion over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Who knows. I hope Levy sticks to his guns and gets us hard cash up front.

I wonder what the chances are of us using that cash to buy another out-and-out striker.

Also we need a creditable CB to cover.Yer man from Ajax will do nicely. If Kaboul has a relapse or if any of the CB's getting a suspension we will be pinned to our collars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

If I managed to make all these transfers playing Football Manager I'd be over the moon!
    This is all really happening right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

awkwardboy wrote: »
    If I managed to make all these transfers playing Football Manager I'd be over the moon!
    This is all really happening right?

:DYeah, who needs FM to live out my spurs dream team right? It's happening in reality.

*reality check - still haven't signed Willian officially and the Lamela talk has gone pretty quiet in last 24hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Nothing is certain yet by any means! RM still owe us money from the Modric deal as well remember, a good £15 million at that.Yes, RM are a very wealthy team, but the have to be very careful especially since the whole of Spain is fcuked and the banks aren't giving any money out. To add to that, like I've said in the past, they have a huge contract to attend to, that of Ronaldo's which will surely cost silly money.

Now if they are to hold onto Ronaldo, give us what we're owed on the Modric deal and fork out for Bale....well then that's serious bucks spent which they simply don't have!

I think spurs are willing to take a gamble, a risk if you will, to actually build a serious squad this season, keeping Bale and to make that top 4 spot.If it does end up that Bale stays with us one more year then it'll certainly be our last year with him in the side. Its make or break for us at this stage to force our way into playing champions league football. Levy and co have been given the green light to spend to improve our squad for the better.

Believe, COYS!

The money owed for Modric is agreed installments, it's the way most transfers are agreed these days, over a few years. So yes, they owe us installments, but they have not reneged on the debt. You think Spurs paid out 30m up front for Soldado or Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

The money owed for Modric is agreed installments, it's the way most transfers are agreed these days, over a few years. So yes, they owe us installments, but they have not reneged on the debt. You think Spurs paid out 30m up front for Soldado or Willian

Certainly not, especially in relation to the 2 above, but us spurs are in a very healthy financial state atm, I think we've spent £20million net up to the signing of Soladado, so thats not bad. Now £20mil is a rough estimate, could be slightly higher, but thats not bad considering who we've signed.

We haven't a multi million deal to look after like the likes of Ronaldo. It is a tricky one, really is, it just I don't see RM having the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

:D

My prediction is bale to Madrid

Willian / lamela / Centre half in ( prob the chap from Ajax )

That will be great business in my opinion and selling bale will have been the right decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Vlad circles move is back on apparently

Willian has told sky sports news that he will complete his medical tomorrow . The deal is done !

mickman wrote: »
    Willian has told sky sports news that he will complete his medical tomorrow . The deal is done !

Eh, they jumped the gun and since removed the tweet and ticker. Their 12 year old inside informer got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think we may have missed a trick with Bentekke

• Advertisement

Christ that site is slow to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Guillem Ballbag on Twitter saying Bale deal is all but inked and will be announced within the next two to three hours.

Oh and its 99 million quid. Ninety ****ing nine. Thanks Gareth, best of luck. Shame you won't get a PL title medal with us after all that :-)

Looks like it's all coming to a conclusion. Epic times my friends. COYS

Gianluca Di Marzio ✔ @dimarzio

#Lamela-@SpursOfficial: €30M + bonus for @OfficialASRoma and €2.4M for him: now clubs discussing for agents fee, payments and other details

Just as well I cashed in my bet at about 10 this evening, got ~10 back

Lamela's brother has just tweeted "(My brother) more than surely is going to England" #THFC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

All the best to him,

I honestly think he's going to win it all. You can't turn down that kind of money. Bale and Ronaldo are going to be some pait together

I really think Levy has played a blinder this window and I still think he knew this was coming (if not agreed) and did all his business before it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Quoting so no ninja editing
    Hatch99 wrote: »
    But nbar12 said we're all eejits and the deal is done ?
    I think we should just close this thread and ask nbar to do a blog instead.

hahaha ahhh i'll make sure to never go on boards drunk again! I'm an embarrassment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Lamela's brother has just tweeted "(My brother) more than surely is going to England" #THFC

Let's just hope that it's with us and not Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,308 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hiya lads, so Willian hasn't been officially completed yet, is that correct?

• Advertisement

nbar12 wrote: »
    hahaha ahhh i'll make sure to never go on boards drunk again! I'm an embarrassment!!

The demon drink...

Advertisement