Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If we get Willian and Lamela to replace Bale, I'd be quietly pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hiya lads, so Willian hasn't been officially completed yet, is that correct?

Soldado took 3 days to announce after medical. Capoue the same.

You are grasping at straws...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hiya lads, so Willian hasn't been officially completed yet, is that correct?

Give it up Lloyd. He is not going to Buck Rodgers land !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I very much doubt it will be today, with the EL match this evening.

Supposedly Arsenal in for Di Maria and Benzema, can't see Real selling Benzema unless they buy Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Baldini at spurs training ground and quoted as saying the trip to Madrid had nothing to do with Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Supposedly Arsenal in for Di Maria and Benzema, can't see Real selling Benzema unless they buy Suarez

Not really going to help their cause much in terms of raising capital to fund the Bale deal (if that is what is holding it up). Best case scenario they get £65M for that pair, they are still going to need £45-50M of that for Suarez.

oa5tc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Baldini at spurs training ground and quoted as saying the trip to Madrid had nothing to do with Bale.

where you see this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Willian considering his options according to Ladbrokes. Liverpool also supossed to have made an improved offer. Watch this space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Willian considering his options according to Ladbrokes. Liverpool also supossed to have made an improved offer. Watch this space!
    if this is true,it shows this guy is just a mercenary out for the best buck!!

Not surprised. Was waiting for liverpool to come back in.

Have been having a bit of a barney with a few liverpool fans on facebook since lastnight about Willian - sour grapes etc. "He's only a flash Tom Huddlestone lookalike anyway".

POTL has said that willian is all agreed but the holdup is agent fees - yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

mickman wrote: »
    where you see this ?

I'm nearly certain that Badini's job is to oversee the signing of transfer targets and he has nothing to do with negoctaiting the sale of any of our players.
    Here's hoping it was about the signing of Coentraeu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What are Liverpool going to use as payment? Magic beans and an 80's signed Panini sticker book signed by the players.

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio
    41s
    Update @willianborges88: deal done between #anzhi and @SpursOfficial. €35M to be paid in two years. Today, the brazilian will sign contract

I'm nearly certain that Badini's job is to oversee the signing of transfer targets and he has nothing to do with negoctaiting the sale of any of our players.
    Here's hoping it was about the signing of Coentraeu

he is technical director - that will include sales as well i would say and in particular a sale as big as bale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

More ITK..... this stuff is as good as the Mirror headlines, but at least it focussed on us - rather than trying to sell papers...

Biatch said he is being told by club bale is not for sale and will not be sold! This is the flat responce from all people he is talking to.
    But he feels this could just be all people being told to keep quiet.
    He is starting to feel this is too conveient and is just the line being spit out.

Willian offer is 95k a week agent/player fee's are the hold up! Kia again! We knew agent could be a problem.

Lamala- baldini has worked his magic! But we are discussing personal terms as we speak he is flying in tonite/tomoz apprently? We look to offer him 75k a week!

Lennon or townsend will go next week if we get offers. Qpr want townsend so do palace.

We are talking to sakho's agent also vlad looks likely.

More ITK.....
    Lamela/Baldini breakthrough. Cant quite believe this is happening. In principle deal is now agreed.

POTL
    ValenciaYid added:

veni vidi vici
    Latin for "I came, I saw, I conquered" in reference to Baldini going to Rome.

The thing about all these ITK updates is that there tends to be no smoke without fire. Between what Lamela's little brother put up on Twitter and the last two ITKs, it seems we could announce Lamela after the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

fabvinny wrote: »
    if this is true,it shows this guy is just a mercenary out for the best buck!!

Welcome to the world of professional footballers.

You think he joined Anzhi cos he supported them as a boy or cos he admired their brand of football? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Ormus wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of professional footballers.

You think he joined Anzhi cos he supported them as a boy or cos he admired their brand of football? :pac:
    no i dont,but he was supposed to have been quoted as saying that he wants to play for his "friend AVB"

More ITK
    Relax guys, transfers are a rollercoaster and a game of poker, Willian will happen ,Lamela should, Contreao may, things can always go wrong, but confident that Willian is all but ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Update from my dog:

Woof....woof woof............woof woof woof woof....................................woof

Because that's about as reliable as any ITK about the transfer going-ons in WHL.

Does anyone ever accidentally click in to the first page of this thread and see that we were all hoping we'd get Charlie Adam in February 2011??

Two and a half years later and we're discussing a £90m sale and the proposed third breaking off our record transfer in the one window! :D

THFC wrote: »
    Update from my dog:

Woof....woof woof............woof woof woof woof....................................woof

Because that's about as reliable as any ITK about the transfer going-ons in WHL.

I'm tending to have more faith in ITKs than the media especially SSN. Of course they are meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, but there are plenty out there who take the papers and SSN as gospel.

I'm tending to have more faith in ITKs than the media especially SSN. Of course they are meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, but there are plenty out there who take the papers and SSN as gospel.
    Taking a quote from Dara O' Briain, I would put all those people should be put in a really big bag, I would then close the bag and a get a stick, and I would start hitting the bag without worrying who is getting hit.

Only thing that should be reported is stuff from reputable sites (e.g. The Guardian, BBC) or stuff from reputable people (e.g. family members, agents, good journos, etc.). Everything else either shouldn't be posted or posted to for us to look at how ridiculous it is.

It's not an attack on you, but I'm just fed up of reading updates from ITK when in reality most of them are 15 year old wind-up merchants looking for an audience. There was even an ITK who came out and said as much last summer iirc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not aaaaalll of us, if I posted about him here it was definitely to call him a thug :P

Does anyone ever accidentally click in to the first page of this thread and see that we were all hoping we'd get Charlie Adam in February 2011??

Two and a half years later and we're discussing a £90m sale and the proposed third breaking off our record transfer in the one window! :D
    Easily the worst call I've ever made.. I cringe everytime I see it:(

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Taking a quote from Dara O' Briain, I would put all those people should be put in a really big bag, I would then close the bag and a get a stick, and I would start hitting the bag without worrying who is getting hit.

Only thing that should be reported is stuff from reputable sites (e.g. The Guardian, BBC) or stuff from reputable people (e.g. family members, agents, good journos, etc.). Everything else either shouldn't be posted or posted to for us to look at how ridiculous it is.

It's not an attack on you, but I'm just fed up of reading updates from ITK when in reality most of them are 15 year old wind-up merchants looking for an audience. There was even an ITK who came out and said as much last summer iirc.

Both of the above are no better, they both have posted already that the deal was nearing completion weeks ago.

Advertisement