Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The Bale shirt thing was bollocks. Site was hacked and sky went with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Gianluca Di Marzio ✔ @dimarzio

Now @willianborges88 and his agents are in @SpursOfficial centre waiting to sign, while @chelsea offered €37M to #Anzhi. Incredible!

Our offer is 35 million euro right? If they offered 37 anzhi will prob accept both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

mickman wrote: »
    Our offer is 35 million euro right? If they offered 37 anzhi will prob accept both

If you've already agreed with one club it's not right to then change to another. It's a scummy thing for the chavs to do

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Saab Ed wrote: »
    The Bale shirt thing was bollocks. Site was hacked and sky went with it.

Still up on the Real site !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

If you've already agreed with one club it's not right to then change to another. It's a scummy thing for the chavs to do

I wouldn't class it as changing to another. They would just accept and then the player decides where they want to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Will he even get a game for them?
    Mata,Hazard,Oscar,Shrule,Van Kinkel and the rest.....
    Strange to move for a player in a position they have well covered unless the plan on selling to make room for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

No way chelsea will sign him. Ye are safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If Chelsea sign him it's simply to take him from us, but it's a lot to do just to spite your rivals. They already have Hazard, Mata and Oscar who are probably better than Willian and play his position, they also have Shrurrle and de Bruyne as more than adequate replacements. Would be a crazy buy by Chelsea, I really can't see it happening. Can't blame Willian for wanting to go to Chelsea, but he would be an idiot if he did.

Didn't the ***** do the same thing with Oscar? Definitely some bad blood there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a suggestion that Mourinho does not rate Mata, so if he was off to somewhere like Utd I'd not be surprised, maybe Spurs can stick an offer in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mike65 wrote: »
    There is a suggestion that Mourinho does not rate Mata, so if he was off to somewhere like Utd I'd not be surprised, maybe Spurs can stick an offer in.

Mata was best player in PL bar Bale last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Apparently we've enquired at Arsenal about Podolski :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I'd take Mata over Willian in a heartbeat. He's a proven class act in the Premier League. A touch of the unknowns about Willian. Could be class or could be a Rebrov ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

awkwardboy wrote: »
    I'd take Mata over Willian in a heartbeat. He's a proven class act in the Premier League. A touch of the unknowns about Willian. Could be class or could be a Rebrov ...

Yup me too. If Mourinho doesnt like Mata offer them £30m for him. He can put that in his smoke and pipe it..

slegs wrote: »
    Yup me too. If Mourinho doesnt like Mata offer them £30m for him. He can put that in his smoke and pipe it..

Doubt they'd sell to us when we refused Modric to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saab Ed wrote: »
    If that is true then its time to tell the grubby little prostitute to piss off .... That is so long as its true.

His agent is Kia Joorsome**** of Tevez fame, wouldn't be surprised.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
    45s

Willian. Going, going... #THFC still hoping they can save it but he's close to moving to Chelsea now - make them clear favourites #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
    45s

Willian. Going, going... #THFC still hoping they can save it but he's close to moving to Chelsea now - make them clear favourites #CFC

typical chelski. they're buying him just so we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Another benchwarmer for Chelsea, they can have him to be honest.
    35m is a lot for someone with only 2 international caps?

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Another benchwarmer for Chelsea, they can have him to be honest.
    35m is a lot for someone with only 2 international caps?

40m. Could just be Abramovich trying to get one over on Levy. Or they could be swapping Mata for Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I reckon we can sign someone just as good for them same money, he's handy but he's no world beater. Let him warm the bench at Chelsea and we move onto the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Can't believe this is happening,Chelsea are really acting the b****x now.I didn't mind Bale going when I heard Willian was coming in now this is ruining the whole thing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

meh....if chelsea outbid us so be it...I imagine even chelsea fans must be a bit bemused by this as it doesn't really make much sense..they already have an enviable midfield, realistically willian adds nothing to their team that isn't already there...meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Wait and be patient.Your in no rush.If he comes he comes,if he goes to Chelsea move on to Lamela,Eriksen etc.Plenty fish in the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Just make sure on the Lamela deal now, much better prospect anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Come off it lads, William is freaking awesome. Has serious stats for assists which is just what we need. Its a real missed opportunity if he goes to Chelsea. But we can't point fingers as we gazumped Liverpool.

As someone said earlier on here or the soccer forum (or was it FB), William didn't sign for Anzhi because they were his childhood team or because of their brand of football ... It was all about the money then as it is now but I still want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

So he's off to Chelsea now?

Ouch.

Come off it lads, William is freaking awesome. Has serious stats for assists which is just what we need. Its a real missed opportunity if he goes to Chelsea. But we can't point fingers as we gazumped Liverpool.

As someone said earlier on here or the soccer forum (or was it FB), William didn't sign for Anzhi because they were his childhood team or because of their brand of football ... It was all about the money then as it is now but I still want him.

Yeah but I think changing your mind after undergoing a medical is taking it a bit too far. He's entitled to get the best deal for himself but at that late stage he had to have given his word to Levy or someone that he'd sign.

Time for Joe Lewis to pull the cheque book out and teach this Russian fecker a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah but I think changing your mind after undergoing a medical is taking it a bit too far. He's entitled to get the best deal for himself but at that late stage he had to have given his word to Levy or someone that he'd sign.

Time for Joe Lewis to pull the cheque book out and teach this Russian fecker a lesson.

Impossible. Abramovich has so much money to burn, if he's interested there's no point in going into a bidding war, just time to move on. If City or Chelsea are seriously interested in any of our potential targets, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You know, what would annoy me the most about Willian signing for Chelsea is that their fans wouldn't be too bothered about it. Yeah, £30m signing, big deal, yet for us it would be the biggest thing we've ever experienced as Spurs fans (player signing-wise).

He goes there, he will not be first choice and I'll be really annoyed if it happens. Still keeping my fingers crossed but it sounds like he's had his head turned and we're going to miss out.

Advertisement