Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You just know he'll score against us as well.

I'd be pretty pissed to miss out on Willian and/or Lamela now that it seems like Bale is definitely going. Will wait and see what happens though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

It's likely that his greedy agent asked for more cash and we said no, then the agent leaked a false rumour about Chelsea being interested

I'd say he will sign for us today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

This, from Willian in October 2012:

"Tottenham is a big club and it has a good person in charge - Andre Villas-Boas wanted to bring me to Chelsea and also tried at Tottenham,
    "He always sends me messages. We are always in touch, and he has become a friend, for sure."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...m-transfer-gossip-willian-of-shakhtar-1393706

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    It's likely that his greedy agent asked for more cash and we said no, then the agent leaked a false rumour about Chelsea being interested

I'd say he will sign for us today

Yep and Sky jumped all over it, they're worse than the rags at this stage! Lets hope he signs today, rumours we're just waiting on his work permit..

All the ITKs say that some paperwork was processed and that a work permit was applied for. The player wants Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

All the ITKs say that some paperwork was processed and that a work permit was applied for. The player wants Spurs.

Let's hope so. I'd be gutted if he doesn't sign now

SuprSi wrote: »
    Let's hope so. I'd be gutted if he doesn't sign now

I also read last night that the player has no say, his rights are owned completely by his agent who dictates where he goes. Not sure if it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I also read last night that the player has no say, his rights are owned completely by his agent who dictates where he goes. Not sure if it's true

Am I not right in saying that that's banned under PL rules! Another words its illegal to deal with a third party. I could be completely wrong.

His agent is certainly notorious and apparently a friend of Abramovich. I'm just hoping that these rumors are just that, and an announcement is made today. That would start the weekend nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

As far as I am aware the Russian team when they were signing him bought him from the third party company as well as the team. I think he solely belongs to Anzhi.

Don't know what to think. He is a class act and would fit in with our system, but the AVB approach is that everyone believes in the team and the system. Hopefully, it is only media speculation, to drive the odds up. We should know in the next 48 hours either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Feeling more positive about the signing after reading the last few comments.

It really gets my goat that Chelsea went and offered a few million more than us. Whats the point in that, just match the offer we made and keep the whole thing fair and honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

It really gets my goat that Chelsea went and offered a few million more than us. Whats the point in that, just match the offer we made and keep the whole thing fair and honest.

They pulled similar stunts too in Joses first stint. Players like Sidwell were bought, not to play in the first team but to keep them out of other potential challengers teams..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Its pro sport, nothing is fair and honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Fair and honest?! This is Chelsea football club we are talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It does feel like they are buying players to stop us getting stronger.
    Mario Marin anyone? how did that work out?
    C*nts.

I wonder does it date back to the Frank Arnesen thing? Must be great to be able to spend £35m out of spite! :D

Could be good news, word has it Ozil is available and we just so happen to have a player RM badly want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Could be good news, word has it Ozil is available and we just so happen to have a player RM badly want.

ozil is not great, cant play a full 90 mins and id say he would not do well in the premier league

ozil is not great, cant play a full 90 mins and id say he would not do well in the premier league

Yeah, can see him wanting CL football too so doubt he'd come to us.

THEN WHY THE F*CK DID YOU SUGGEST HIM?!?!?!? :D

• Advertisement

THEN WHY THE F*CK DID YOU SUGGEST HIM?!?!?!? :D

No need to be an ass, because we should at least enquire since we're already talking to RM.

Hey sorry I was just joking! :) No offence intended mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

No bother, we've been there before with a certain someone. :pac:

http://talksport.com/football/spurs-still-favourites-land-willian-despite-chelsea-bid-13082356850?
    talkSPORT understands Tottenham are still favourites to land Anzhi Makhachkala striker Willian, despite Chelsea’s attempts to hijack the deal.
    The Brazilian has already completed a medical and was expected to agree personal terms at White Hart Lane. But Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich reportedly intervened personally to offer Anzhi £32million for their star player.
    That will not be enough to put Tottenham off as they search for a like-for-like replacement for Gareth Bale, despite recent additions to their squad including Roberto Soldado andPaulinho.
    Sources close to Willian insist they remain in negotiations to push a deal through with Spurs, although they are aware of Chelsea’s interest.
    The news came as a surprise to Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas following his side’s 5-0 win over Dinamo Tblisi in the Europa League.
    He said: “I can’t give you any further information. We confirmed our interest in [Willian]. Everything is possible but I’m not aware of the circumstances.”

Willian or won't he!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Not great? Ozil is one of the best around in his position! Sure, he can be a little inconsistent, but the guy has over 60 assists for both club and country over the last two seasons. I'd consider him a less risky investment than Willian, if he could somehow be persuaded to sign.

Seems all the buzz at the moment is that he's joining Chelsea and is no longer interested in joining Spurs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzz.....

Mourinho has a 1pm pre-match press conference live on YouTube ;

http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google#/watch?v=v1mjwiw8M_s

I'd imagine we'll find out what's happening with Willian pretty soon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Mourinho has a 1pm pre-match press conference live on YouTube ;

http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google#/watch?v=v1mjwiw8M_s

I'd imagine we'll find out what's happening with Willian pretty soon

link for non-mobile users: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mjwiw8M_s

Advertisement