Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

looks like the whole chelsea thing is true so i am losing hope now of signing him now.

Chelsea will double our wage offer and thats the end of that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He's confirmed that they are interested, as an extra target to Rooney. I think we can cross this one off the list anyway.

yep . we face a rush now to get someone else unless we were just going to get willian or lamela but not both

jose just said willian has chosen chelsea

Gutted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

mickman wrote: »
    jose just said willian has chosen chelsea

Have to say I'm happy. Sounds proper disruptive.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Have to say I'm happy. Sounds proper disruptive.

Nothing signed yet but jose said " i know what the player wants" and he also nodded his head when a reporter asked if he was going to choose chelsea

Word is now that the bale saga is on hold until we have announced lamela

So I wonder who our next target will be? £30 will still buy a brilliant player, but time is running out and the selling clubs may not want to sell so close to the end of the transfer window. Hopefully Lamela signs but we still need someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

There's a great view of the CL from the bench

There's a great view of the CL from the bench

yeah let him off. If he doesnt want to play for us then so be it. He wont get ahead of mata so he can warm the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yea no loss to us if thats his attitude we dodged an overpriced bullet. onto Lamela & erikson next before we run out of time & that Romianian CB is rumoured to be joing us next thurs after his teams next game..

Gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

fcuk him....next target

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

You really have to question a players mentality and desire to compete when he chooses to play in a 2nd rate league for purely financial gain and now to sit on the bench with chelsea and again (seemingly) choose money over game time on the pitch.
    We just have to lock Lamela and erikkson in a room and dont let them out till they sign on the dotted line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gutted.

And I think we will all be eating our words when he set the EPL alight. He's too good to be left on the bench. I reckon 1 from Lampard/Oscar/Hazard/Mata will be seeing a lot more bench time instead.

All out for Lamela now.

Not falling over myself for erickson, you'd have to wonder why the bigger clubs of europe are not queuing up for him.

Apparently Sandro 'unfriended' him on Twitter. Hope Sandro gives him a good kick up the hole at our next game against them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bale might not be let go if no replacement is in place.

Bale might not be let go if no replacement is in place.

I think we are all clutching those straws tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

think willian will get game time.think Jose will use Mata as bait for rooney.typical chelski though,signing him so we can't

Real erecting something in the stadium. Wonder why!

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/370906545359708160

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

think willian will get game time.think Jose will use Mata as bait for rooney.typical chelski though,signing him so we can't

So Mourinho signed Willian just so we can't have him, yet he will voluntarily give Mata to United?

Bale to RM, Willian to Chelsea and arsenal to sign Lamela just to complete a miserable week which started so brightly.

Does this Spurs roller coaster ever stop?

Ormus wrote: »
    So Mourinho signed Willian just so we can't have him, yet he will voluntarily give Mata to United?

Mourinho doesn't rate Mata and Mata would only go if Rooney goes the other way. To me this is Abramovich getting one over on AVB and Levy, AVB tried with Chelsea to sign him and also Levy refused to sell Modric to Chelsea. Chelsea really are the cancer of football

Mourinho doesn't rate Mata and Mata would only go if Rooney goes the other way. To me this is Abramovich getting one over on AVB and Levy, AVB tried with Chelsea to sign him and also Levy refused to sell Modric to Chelsea. Chelsea really are the cancer of football

I think people are taking this too personally.

Chelsea are pretty rich obviously, but it would still hurt them more than us if they paid 32m for a player just to stop us having him.

This is one of the biggest signings they've ever made.

Ormus wrote: »
    I think people are taking this too personally.

Chelsea are pretty rich obviously, but it would still hurt them more than us if they paid 32m for a player just to stop us having him.

This is one of the biggest signings they've ever made.

This is true, though if you think about it, someone in their squad is going to be unhappy, be it Willian or one of their existing players. Will Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc be happy not playing the big league and CL games, or just coming off the bench? There's no denying Willian's talent, but nobody will get to see it on a regular basis because he's unlikely to play as much as he would have at Spurs. It's a shame really.

This is why I believe them buying him wasn't purely to do with improving their squad, but ensuring our squad would miss out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I have no problem admitting Willian is a great player.

But to be quite honest I have to say I'm kinda happy we're not adding yet another mercenary to the team. We already have Benny and Ade which is more than enough money grabbers in my book.

SuprSi wrote: »
    This is true, though if you think about it, someone in their squad is going to be unhappy, be it Willian or one of their existing players. Will Hazard, Mata, Oscar etc be happy not playing the big league and CL games, or just coming off the bench? There's no denying Willian's talent, but nobody will get to see it on a regular basis because he's unlikely to play as much as he would have at Spurs. It's a shame really.

This is why I believe them buying him wasn't purely to do with improving their squad, but ensuring our squad would miss out.

I'm not saying it didn't make the deal all the sweeter for Chelsea, but I don't believe it was a major factor. A silver lining at the most.

I'd say you might be surprised how much game time Willian will get this season. Chelsea will have plenty games and plenty rotation. Mata isn't necessarily gonna be first choice this season. De Bruyne or Moses could go on loan. Oscar is still developing.

It remains to be seen just how good he is and how he settles, but there is scope for him to get as much gametime as Mata, Hazard etc.

Right, plan B. We need a list of number 10's available for up to ~30m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Nothing has been announced.
    I'm not getting excited about if he is coming or not.
    Jose is a sh!t stirrer. He didn't say Chelsea have signed him.
    Perhaps willian is doing some soul searching whether he wants to play football or warm a bench and earn cash.

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    Nothing has been announced.
    I'm not getting excited about if he is coming or not.
    Jose is a sh!t stirrer. He didn't say Chelsea have signed him.
    Perhaps willian is doing some soul searching whether he wants to play football or warm a bench and earn cash.

It's Kia, same agent as Tevez, says it all really. We got played. Why else was he whoring him about London letting his photo be taken in hotels and letting the player upload picture of himself.

Advertisement