Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

Willian hasn't kicked a ball in the Premier League yet he's hated at at least two grounds (Pool and us) already. Some going. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Lots of Twitter talk from Rome that Lamela is done, will be announced this evening. Salt and stuff.

Also, Benzemas agent says he won't go to Arsenal and is discussing new contract with RM instead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Lots of Twitter talk from Rome that Lamela is done, will be announced this evening. Salt and stuff.

Also, Benzemas agent says he won't go to Arsenal and is discussing new contract with RM instead :pac:

Lamela is in Romas squad for their match tomorrow for what it's worth.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Lamela is in Romas squad for their match tomorrow for what it's worth.

In that case, it's most definitely a done deal :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

More ITK from the Goat

I had heard Roma would sell either Pjanic or Lamela, so the choice was Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

This is going on for over a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I heard the same. It was one or the other, Roma weren't prepared to sell both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

This is going on for over a week?

Yeah it was a week or so ago I heard it (read it). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

A few rumours starting to float around that Arsenal are now trying to hijack our Lamela deal with Roma, don't know if there is any truth in it but its been that type of week for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Supposedly we're making a bid for Hulk. Not too sure on this one, he's a right winger the same as Lamela.

Also lots of word that Chiriches is done. he looks really good, a right footed CB like Verts who likes to go froward and score, even scores bicycle kicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If we lose Bale and Arsenal sign Lamela that will swing the momentum towards them for the NLD but f**k it, form and all that goes out the window in that game.

Arsenal look decent in last two games so you don't know what team will turn up, not sure if they are a few kicks away from something substantial this season or just one result away from a crisis. An injury at CB would leave them in big trouble.

Really hope we sign that CB lad from Romania. Just what we need.

Truth be told we need a CF and that midfielder who can unlock the better defences in the EPL. Mad to think that after a v successful summer we still need 3 big quality signings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Supposedly we're making a bid for Hulk. Not too sure on this one, he's a right winger the same as Lamela.

Also lots of word that Chiriches is done. he looks really good, a right footed CB like Verts who likes to go froward and score, even scores bicycle kicks

Hulk is a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    Hulk is a striker

Hulk with Soldado, Hulk or Soldado - wow that would be something

The next few days are going to be exciting. Levy/Baldini mean business in this transfer window so even though we lost Willian there are going to be alternatives - Erikson?

It seems like its
    Contrao
    Chiriches
    Lamela
    Hulk

are our desired options but Contrao ITK seems to indicate he is not coming.

The scum have confirmed the signing of Willian subject to work permit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not even mad. Thanks Chelsea for helping us dodge that potential merc.

pancho84 wrote: »
    Willian

Who?

Not mad on missing out on the player although we need a no 10 however the smugness of Mourinho pisses me off to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

pancho84 wrote: »
    The scum have confirmed the signing of Willian subject to work permit

Didn't know the gooners were in for him !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bullet dodged there on Willian I think. No need to get involved with those companies who 'own' players.

slegs wrote: »
    ITK seems to indicate he is not coming.

Is ITK a tweeter of some sort? Have seen a few with quotes from it here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Itk, or in the know, are generally attention seekers who enjoy pretending to have insider knowledge. The transfer window is like their mating season.

What chance Modric comes back Keane style as part of the Bale deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

What chance Modric comes back Keane style as part of the Bale deal?

No chance.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    No chance.

Pity, he is the missing piece of the jigsaw

Crying out for a behind the striker player. Soldado had little or no service today

Lamela left on the bench for Roma for their first game of the season tonight. Good sign or us perhaps? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Pity, he is the missing piece of the jigsaw

Agree 100%. Hopefully AVB and co are on it.

Herrick wrote: »
    Lamela left on the bench for Roma for their first game of the season tonight. Good sign or us perhaps? :o

Yes, very good sign. I expect him to sign in London tomorrow and bale to be announced in Madrid on Tuesday

Vlad then to sign later in week and a striker to replace ade on deadline day, no idea who this will be

I reckon Defoe will be kept but Lennon is a big possibility to leave in my opinion. Why keep him when Townsend is actually a better player and we have lots of midfield cover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

awful lot of talk of us putting in a bid for Hulk over the next few days, he'd be a great signing and hes worked with AVB before so he'd get into the swing of things quick enough I'd say, fingers crossed, with Hulk and Lamela added to the signings so far we're beginning to look like genuine title contenders, exciting times ahead!...Gareth who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    Yes, very good sign. I expect him to sign in London tomorrow and bale to be announced in Madrid on Tuesday

Vlad then to sign later in week and a striker to replace ade on deadline day, no idea who this will be

I reckon Defoe will be kept but Lennon is a big possibility to leave in my opinion. Why keep him when Townsend is actually a better player and we have lots of midfield cover

I'd keep Lennon mate, great pace and a threat is most games. Agree Townsend looks good, but no harm in having both.

Advertisement