Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

Eriksson is a top talent in europe that could be one of the best players in his position someday! Dortmund wanted him for this season but could'nt get him.
    Lamela I'm not sure, if he will be a first class player.

...and Hulk is Hulk... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Alice, Alice Who the f**K is Lamela??
    Lamela scored a goal every other game for Roma which is a league that is the hardest to score in in Europe.

He's only 21, as well he was one of Baldinis buys at Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

See, I think the club have a lot more money than we think, here's my previous post with TV money the clubs received.

if only this table decided the champions league spots :P...would make sense in a strange way...this is our year though...i feel it in my plums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Ormus wrote: »
    I really hope we don't get Hulk, he's not a team player and would be on massive wages.

Don't think he will come to us anyway.

ah he'd be very valuable to us, very well suited to the premiership and he will create goals, which is something we need also hes a big fan of the way avb does things, he gives a good weapon in terms of set pieces aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Honestly ....

I have never seen Eriksson or Lamela kick a ball.
    Anytime ive seen Hulk he was poison..
    Mad money being mentioned for these guys.
    Where are the days off Michael Brown and John Scales gone ???
    At least we knew we were getting sh1te !!

;)

Have seen a bit of Eriksson and he looks like a lovely player. Have seen fcuk all of Lamlea, I'm only going by what i read and what some people say and he is rated very highly, must be decent for 30m :D

Wouldn't touch the Hulk personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Have seen a bit of Eriksson and he looks like a lovely player. Have seen fcuk all of Lamlea, I'm only going by what i read and what some people say and he is rated very highly, must be decent for 30m :D

Wouldn't touch the Hulk personally.

Lamela looks a serious prospect, but at 21 he could have some learning to do in the premier league, not so sure if he would hit the ground running.

I think Hulk would be a good signing for us. Saw him paly in the Aviva before under AVB and he was the best player of the pitch, the opposition couldn't handle his fast and strong style of play, very direct like Bale and a bullet of a shot on him.

Compare Hulk (27yrs old and 27caps) to a certain Brazilian Chelsea just signed (25yrs old and 2caps), I think Hulk could be a better buy.

Imagine the beasts (Sandro and Capoue) and the Hulk in the one team! Would be great banter to see loads of Hulk masks at the lane!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lamela looks a serious prospect, but at 21 he could have some learning to do in the premier league, not so sure if he would hit the ground running.

I think Hulk would be a good signing for us. Saw him paly in the Aviva before under AVB and he was the best player of the pitch, the opposition couldn't handle his fast and strong style of play, very direct like Bale and a bullet of a shot on him.

Compare Hulk (27yrs old and 27caps) to a certain Brazilian Chelsea just signed (25yrs old and 2caps), I think Hulk could be a better buy.

Imagine the beasts (Sandro and Capoue) and the Hulk in the one team! Would be great banter to see loads of Hulk masks at the lane!:D:D:D

Saw Hulk play in the CL last season I think it was and he looked 2 stone over weight and had the look of a fella who had only signed for the russians for the dollars, and was enjoying it too much. Not sure we would spend another 30m on a guy that has little resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I'd love Mata at the Lane but Abramovich would rather give him away for free than deal with Levy me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I'd love Mata at the Lane but Abramovich would rather give him away for free than deal with Levy me thinks.

Has Mata a buyout clause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Has Mata a buyout clause?

Don't think so. He's 2 years in to a 5 year contract.

• Advertisement

Don't think so. He's 2 years in to a 5 year contract.

I'm thinking a buyout clause would be the only way to force them sell to us. The'd just tell us to feck off otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Chelsea wouldn't sell us a cold, much less Mata would have his pick of established Champions League Clubs the world over.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Saw Hulk play in the CL last season I think it was and he looked 2 stone over weight and had the look of a fella who had only signed for the russians for the dollars, and was enjoying it too much. Not sure we would spend another 30m on a guy that has little resale value.

Zenith had a lot of internal disputes last season and he still had a good return of goals. I didn't see him play so can't comment but he always looks like a bulky lad, they knocked Liverpool out of the Europa and Hulk scored two.

His record at Porto was very good, plenty of goals and assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Twitter gone mad this morning. We are getting Rooney or Mata according to the latest lunacy! I predict it will be Ronaldo and Messi by end of day.

seems like it will be a very interessting week till 2.Sep...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

slegs wrote: »
    Twitter gone mad this morning. We are getting Rooney or Mata according to the latest lunacy! I predict it will be Ronaldo and Messi by end of day.

Where is THFC's dog when you need him!:D

I suspect our "bid" for Mata may be Levy getting revenge and unsettling Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I suspect our "bid" for Mata may be Levy getting revenge and unsettling Mata.

Yeah I'd say Mata's head will be turned by the prospect of not playing Champions League football for Spurs.

Yeah I'd say Mata's head will be turned by the prospect of not playing Champions League football for Spurs.

Maybe the prospect of winning the Premier League with Spurs might wet his appetite?;);)

Seriously though, AVB brought Mata to the UK and Mata has done nothing but praise him since he left Chelsea, GOOGLE IT!

Even getting Mata unsettled would an unlikely but sweet end to this latest Chelsea / Spurs transfer spat

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter if he's not interested in us. Mata's future was only being whispered about before this. Now it's making headlines.

Maybe the prospect of winning the Premier League with Spurs might wet his appetite?;);)

Seriously though, AVB brought Mata to the UK and Mata has done nothing but praise him since he left Chelsea, GOOGLE IT!

There is no way he is coming to Spurs!

Doesn't matter if he's not interested in us. Mata's future was only being whispered about before this. Now it's making headlines.

It does matter. He can't be unsettled if he has no interest in joining us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

Mata on record several times saying he loves London, if he were to leave Chelsea I reckon he might consider Spurs.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Mata on record several times saying he loves London, if he were to leave Chelsea I reckon he might consider Spurs.

Yes, and he has also praised AVB before
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=mata+praises+avb&client=ubuntu&channel=cs&oq=mata+praises+avb&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i62.10151j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#channel=cs&fp=dc9bd2dca059805a&q=mata+praises+andre+villa+boas

golfball37 wrote: »

No chance.

Prove me wrong Juan

Don't think its beyond possibility that he would want to play with us.

It is likely beyond possibility that Chelsea would sell to us.

They rarely sell to anyone as far as I can see - mostly their players are just released when out of contract

yes chelsea wouldn't sell him,
    think he will be a important player for the next years for Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If the Marca newspaper are in bed with RM, couldn't we make it part of the Bale deal that they must run constant stories linking Chelsea players with big money moves away from Chelski and constantly link Mourhinho with the big european jobs and just generally unsettle the ba*tards. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

We are supposed to finally make a £10m bid for Eriksen this week. Tbh if we do actually bid for him I will be a little annoyed that we are leaving it so late as AC Milan are after him as well, should have snapped him up far earlier this summer.

I would be gutted if we missed out on him, honestly think he's the attacking midfielder needed to supply Soldado.

Advertisement