Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I reckon tomorrow is the day for lamela to join and bale to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Have we signed Huntelaar yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Have we signed Huntelaar yet?!

no is still at Schalke but injured like half of their squad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Erickson really all that though? I'm sure he's pretty good but if he's available for £10-£14M then how come he isn't beating teams away with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Moyes post match interview, was asked have they bid for Bale. He said everything but the word no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

@ryantegan: Bern told that all the details with Lamela are Done. When he arrives he just needs to do a medical and sign the papers. Negotiations done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Moyes post match interview, was asked have they bid for Bale. He said everything but the word no

Yea sounded like they were in the mix for him alright

Come on Levy, don't let United rape us again. We are all sick of the RM saga but we are nearly over the line. Are we a team with EPL ambitions or just ambitions to finish 3rd/4th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

@ryantegan: Bern told that all the details with Lamela are Done. When he arrives he just needs to do a medical and sign the papers. Negotiations done

Just like Willian eh?! If I was Levy I'd bring the medical to him! Let's hope this one goes through.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Just like Willian eh?! If I was Levy I'd bring the medical to him! Let's hope this one goes through.

Willian was done, not our fault, they say the Spurs legal team even had his passport. His agent was whoring him around London and knew what was going to happen. Looking back you can see there was something amiss when you see the agent letting Sky papp him in a hotel foyer. We got played. Same with Benteke, we got played by his agent too. Shít happens.

Like you I'm nervous about this one until it gets over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Come on Levy, don't let United rape us again. We are all sick of the RM saga but we are nearly over the line. Are we a team with EPL ambitions or just ambitions to finish 3rd/4th

A part of me would be delighted for RM if it happened TBH,

Although we can't sell him to a league rival. it'd be a disaster.

We cannot strengthen the opposition, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Like you I'm nervous about this one until it gets over the line.

You'd expect it to be different with Lamela as Baldini was the guy that brought him to Roma. That said, Willian was quoted as saying he was friends with AVB. I could imagine Wenger throwing in a bid for him now they have the guaranteed attraction of CL football.

Mata didn't get a look in tonight, Mourinho brought on Mikel and Azpuliceta for DeBruyne and Hazard, if Benitez did that he'd be slated. Is he on his way out? #dreamer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

50/60 mil and Rooney for Bale,would ye take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

tippspur wrote: »
    50/60 mil and Rooney for Bale,would ye take it?

no, I would hate to see him play for another premier league club, especially Man Utd. I can't stand Spurs being described as United's feeder club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Is Erickson really all that though? I'm sure he's pretty good but if he's available for £10-£14M then how come he isn't beating teams away with a stick.

I think it's because when managers put in Erickson into Football Manager 2013's search engine they never find Christian Eriksen as they spelt his name wrong. Whereas AVB, Levy and Baldini together figured out how to spell his name. If you can come up with a more logical reason than that please do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

What positions do we still need to fill?

For me:

Attacking Mid (Mata/Modric type)

Forward

Possible 4-3-3 formation

Lloris

Walker Verts Cirches Rose

Capoue/Lamela Dembele Paulinho/Sandro Townsend/Lennon

?????

Soldado/???

1) A striker. Not necessarily another Soldado (£25M) player, but someone who can offer us an alternative up front. Someone like Ade, but without the baggage.

2) CB - the Romanian fella would do rightly. More for cover and to provide competition not neccessarily a starting XI player.

3) AM midfielder or forward to play in the hole behind Soldado to unlock defenses in the tighter games.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

LB - Contreao
    CB - Chiriches

No 10 -

Winger - Lamela

Striker - Odemwingie??? ( bit of an 'Arry type player.):rolleyes:

Ins - Paulinho - Capoue - Chadli - Soldado

Outs - Caulker - Gallas - Dempsey - Huddlestone - Livermore - Bale?

6 out, and only 4 in..... definitely gonna get at least 3 more otherwise the strength in depth is less than last year.
    Not cointing Bentley cos he didnt play any part last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

1) A striker. Not necessarily another Soldado (£25M) player, but someone who can offer us an alternative up front. Someone like Ade, but without the baggage.

I'm speaking with green tinted glasses on here but I think Shane Long would make a good imapct sub.

• Advertisement

I'd love to get Demba Ba, seems Mourinho doesn't rate him and he could be on the way out, but once again they'd never even consider selling to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I'd love to get Demba Ba, seems Mourinho doesn't rate him and he could be on the way out, but once again they'd never even consider selling to us.

no way man. he isnt great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

I'm speaking with green tinted glasses on here but I think Shane Long would make a good imapct sub.

If we had a Hurling team, yes. Soccer not for me. A bit of a headless chicken

mickman wrote: »
    no way man. he isnt great

He's better than Shane Long and certainly an upgrade on what we have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

He's below the standard we need at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The one downside to Levy is that he likes to leave the big money transfer departures until the end of a window. Atleast in this instance he's spent long before the window shuts.

AVB said at the weekend Spurs will be active by the end of the transfer window so I'm expecting atleast a few more faces to arrive including the Chiriches signing which should be a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

He's below the standard we need at the club.

Way below, dont think he has started at WBA yet this season. Average at best.

Arsenal fans are getting a bit paranoid over in the SF. They've been linked with moves with Di Maria, Benzema and to a lesser extent Ozil but RM aren't going to let star players like that leave until Bale comes in so they reckon Levy is stalling the deal until last possible moment to stop RM selling the above to Arsenal. :D . I think thats a bit far fetched but Daniel you 'olde dog, your some man for one man if this is true!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Arsenal fans are getting a bit paranoid over in the SF. They've been linked with moves with Di Maria, Benzema and to a lesser extent Ozil but RM aren't going to let star players like that leave until Bale comes in so they reckon Levy is stalling the deal until last possible moment to stop RM selling the above to Arsenal. :D . I think thats a bit far fetched but Daniel you 'olde dog, your some man for one man if this is true!!:pac:

Abramovich would be called every name under the sun on here if we thought he was doing similar to us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Ormus wrote: »
    Abramovich would be called every name under the sun on here if we thought he was doing similar to us

AH HEREEEEEEEEE, LEAVE IT OUUUUUU.

Advertisement