Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

Wooo hooooo.....(is he any good as I know nothing about the lad? After Willian I didn't want to jinx things by looking him up on Wikipedia. I'm sorry lads it was my fault re Willian :p:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
    So Spurs just signed Erik Lamela too? We won't have a prayer of even coming 4th at this rate. BUY WENGER - OR IT'S BYE. #AFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

€30 million. Savage money. Hope he becomes a spurs legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

His youtube compilation video looked great. Was way more impressive than Willians one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

His youtube compilation video looked great. Was way more impressive than Willians one IMO.

I said a good while back, I'd prefer Lamela to Willian too. Lamela is more of a natural replacement of Bale. Quite direct, while Willian hasn't looked great the few times I've seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Lamela

Well that didn't take long. He's a spurs player on wiki. Must be true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

can he play in NLD? great signing I wont miss Bale too much after all

This ITK has put the Spurs forums in a good mood, needs salt

Basically, RM are pissed at Chelsea for nicking Willian and delaying it all, so are offering to sweeten the deal to get back at them by offering a player better than Willian on loan

link here

Kaka, Ozil or Morata please :D

It's gonna be a fun weekend knowing we have at least £30-£40m burning a hole in Levy's pocket!!! I'll be stuck to SSN all day Monday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ajax confirm to BBC Radio 5 live that 21-year-old Denmark international midfielder Christian Eriksen has been given permission to speak to Tottenham.

• Advertisement

BREAKING NEWS
    Arsenal still haven't spent any money

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Wow...This is excellent..Didnt think spurs would invest the windfall to this extent. Where are they all gonna fit in. We have to get a result at the hemroids this wkend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

SuprSi wrote: »

With Lamela and Chirchi signed, if we sign up Eriksen I'll be completely over the moon with our signings.

Anyone else added will be just a lovely bonus on top :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Herrick wrote: »
    With Lamela and Chirchi signed, if we sign up Eriksen I'll be completely over the moon with our signings.

Anyone else added will be just a lovely bonus on top :D

There will be a striker and that should be it

There's talk that Roma and us are discussing swapping Benny for Balzaretti. He's also a left back, he will be 32 come December though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

SuprSi wrote: »
    The squad is stronger and hopefully, although it was thrilling to watch, we won't be relying on one person to grab the draw or all 3 points at the death.

Heard a great quote today:

"Teams used to fear playing against Gareth Bale, not they'll fear playing against Tottenham Hotspur"

In fairness to the boy, his sale has allowed us to rebuild our squad with top quality players. For that I thank him.

is he any use? id do anything to get benny & Ade moved on at this stage.

Maybe we could give them Ade too ;-)

Does anybody agree that the signing of the Summer could be Franco Baldini? :)

He has done a tremendous job for us alright :)

davycc wrote: »
    is he any use? id do anything to get benny & Ade moved on at this stage.

Maybe we could give them Ade too ;-)

I don't know Dave haven't ever heard of him until now.

I wonder is he gonna be a stop gap for this season considering his age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Back up for Rose I'd say. Think they are going to give Rose the LB shirt

@RishiChico: Chadli
    Paulinho
    Capoue
    Soldado
    Lamela
    Eriksen
    Chiriches = approx £108m

Bale
    Caulker
    Dempsey
    Huddlestone
    Parker = approx £108m

money very well spent from Levy great to see him finally having a manager to believe in .baldinis role cannot be underestimated either..he is prob our signing of the season..

If he is anyway better than BAe Ill take him as back up to Rose who is still finding his feet ..:D.

I havnt even heard of him so Im guessing he has had a low key career to date or otherwise I prob would have noticed him at some stage through the years

slegs wrote: »
    Back up for Rose I'd say. Think they are going to give Rose the LB shirt

Would ye rate Rose as good enough to be our starting left back though? I'm not sure if he's good enough if we intend to be pushing for honors.

What age is he? Maybe he's a candidate to improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

When can lamela play?

Watched some of the Eriksson YouTube stuff. He is very like Tom Carroll in style at first viewing. Haven't seen him play besides from clips but doss seem cery skillful. Any one seen much of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Italian assassin.

Would ye rate Rose as good enough to be our starting left back though? I'm not sure if he's good enough if we intend to be pushing for honors.

What age is he? Maybe he's a candidate to improve?

He improved hugely last year when on loan at Sunderland. He is lightning quick, has a great shot and can cross. Makes positional mistakes but can improve I think. With the pace he and Walker have it would make us lethal on break. He is 23. Think AVB is a fan based on comments and teams picked since per season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

'he came from Italy, to replace the chimpanzee...''

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    He improved hugely last year when on loan at Sunderland. He is lightning quick, has a great shot and can cross. Makes positional mistakes but can improve I think. With the pace he and Walker have it would make us lethal on break. He is 23. Think AVB is a fan based on comments and teams picked since per season

Rose, like Walker, is a terrible defender. Both give away stupid free kick after stupid free kick. I have no doubt that Walker cost us about three goals from stupid free kicks.... There is no way we can afford to have that kind of player on the left hand side also - especially as we seem to be playing zonal marking now too.

Advertisement