Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AVB brought him to Chelski to begin with & they have a great respect & If we got mata we would have a proper world class playmaker who would improve us immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5DkSuUmI8

From this video it appears that Eriksen can put the ball on a sixpence (ideal for Soldado) and he is keen on a through ball (ideal for Lamela).

Could we see this formation...

Sandro - Paulinho - Capoue

Eriksen

Soldado -- Lamela

A bit narrower than AVB usually plays, but how else do we fit all the players in??

Or are Eriksen and Paulinho gonna share the attacking midfielder role?

Nice headache for AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

davycc wrote: »
    AVB brought him to Chelski to begin with & they have a great respect & If we got mata we would have a proper world class playmaker who would improve us immensely.

where would we fit him in though ha...such a wealth of midfielders at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Depp wrote: »
    where would we fit him in though ha...such a wealth of midfielders at the minute

exactly but bench/sell/loan siggy & give Mata the AM role:cool:....

also im hearing Carroll may be Ajax bound on 1yr loan;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

PVincent wrote: »
    Tom Carroll looks likely to go to Ajax on loan for a year. Great move for him.
    Agree,he could develop with a team like Ajax.
    It would be a nice lone move for Siggy if he went there aswel.

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    exactly but bench/sell/loan siggy & give Mata the AM role:cool:....

also im hearing Carroll may be Ajax bound on 1yr loan;)

Id say Eriksen is the best man for the am job at the minute...not too far off the level of mata at the minute but he has potential to be much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

All you Spurs fans must be pinching yourself at all the quality singnings your club have done this summer. My question is why have spurs waited until now and this summer to do serious business in the transfer window breaking their own record twice in the space of a few weeks? Surley they haven't splashed the 'Bale' cash thinking the Bale deal is a done deal, Real could pull out but we all know that isn't going to happen. It just seems strange and i am sure to a few of you here that Spurs are now being serious in this window and signing quality players breaking their own tranfer record. If they wanted to keep Bale and prove their ambition to him then they have proven that to him, is he looking over shoulder having a little doubt seen all these quality players Spurs have signed now?

My own opinion is Spurs see Arsenal seriouly struggling and changes at Manutd and with spurs missing out on the Champions league again this season they now see how much they missed out financially by not qualifying and this has pushed them out this season on their transfer dealings. I think AVB and the Spurs board are seen a opportunity in the top 4 to stake their claim and become serious challengers taking over Arsenal an opportunity not to be missed but to tak full advantage and go all out now believing this is the right time for spending the hundred million or so and changing the mentality of club and their targets this season.

Not explained very well but interesting times at Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

LApofvz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    Agree,he could develop with a team like Ajax.
    It would be a nice lone move for Siggy if he went there aswel.

Or they could both go there.

• Advertisement

More ITK fro Grey Fox this morning
    Been told to expect at least 2 more if not three, The third if it can be pulled off will be a Levy special. The reported lower fee for Bale is more than preserving Ronaldo's ego :). Make the most of this because January is going to be very boring and probably next summer too unless you like young meat. Have a nice holiday Baldini :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's a good read and the last line coukd turn out to be completely corrwct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

We've apparently approached Wigan for James McCarthy :eek:

http://kickne.ws/20/2837261

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Herrick wrote: »
    We've apparently approached Wigan for James McCarthy :eek:

http://kickne.ws/20/2837261

I call shenanigans :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm a bit pizzed off that we didn't sign anyone today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I'm a bit pizzed off that we didn't sign anyone today.

The timing of your post is impeccable! 1 minute before midnight. I too feel the longing of a signing, 3 in 1 day has me addicted and none today has me craving positive news.

Tomorrow is a big but, IMHO not a season defining match, far too early to be there. Make sure you get your rest because we could have a late night on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Rumours we are in for Baines................just so happens the difference in cash between willian and eriksen ....18m will land him...bit pricey but why not.

Rumours we are in for Baines................just so happens the difference in cash between willian and eriksen ....18m will land him...bit pricey but why not.

I'd be very happy with, still need a striker.

ITKs seem to suggest there is a special name to be announced on Mon

I'd be very happy with, still need a striker.

ITKs seem to suggest there is a special name to be announced on Mon

Baines would be unreal, but I just can't see it happening. It'd be the final piece of an amazing summer jigsaw

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Baines would be unreal, but I just can't see it happening. It'd be the final piece of an amazing summer jigsaw

A backup striker is important too

baines would be a fairly amazing signature aaite...but if we do ive a fantasy football question, ive already got 3 spurs in my team and baines...if spurs sign baines what happens then?

Depp wrote: »
    baines would be a fairly amazing signature aaite...but if we do ive a fantasy football question, ive already got 3 spurs in my team and baines...if spurs sign baines what happens then?

Hehe who's your current LB? Replace him if it happens! Still can't see it happening and if he has the offer of Utd why would he choose Spurs over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hehe who's your current LB? Replace him if it happens! Still can't see it happening and if he has the offer of Utd why would he choose Spurs over them?

Spurs might be offering more to Everton.

We won't get Baines, he'll join united. It'll be the shock of the summer for me if he joined Spurs.

I think realistically the only left back we'll have a shot of signing is Coentrao. Personally I'd much prefer Jetro Willems.

Back 4 is verts, walker, coleman and baines...yeah itd be a shock if we got him but we can still dream...still...tottenham seems to be becoming a much more attractive team for players, sure look at the defense and midfield he'd be working with, hed suit avb's brand of attacking football aswel, id pick him over coentrao any day...i say we buy em both and let them fight it out :D

Ancelotti has stated in his post-match press conference just now that Coentrao will be staying at Real Madrid

More ITK from the Goat
    The Goat has been informed that a £45m transfer is still to come. Although no names were mentioned our source described it as 'jaw dropping'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

More ITK from the Goat

Not sure who that could be , who else is left :-)

I reckon Lennon / siggy / ade / bae will be sold

Carroll may go on loan

Maybe that ITK is hulk ?

Tbh, from Levy's comments I think we've done our business and I'd be amazed if anyone else came in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

More ITK from the Goat

hulk?

Advertisement