Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The Internet. Nope, £2.6m a year aka £50k per week.

Ah the Internet, that narrows it down thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This is slightly old, but says he's on £35,000-£45,000

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/20918-spurs-economics-club-wage-structure.html

He hasn't signed a contract since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

£42.5m, 200k a week, there's a panic buy if you ever saw one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

£42.5m, 200k a week, there's a panic buy if you ever saw one

Will ya stop! He's an incredible player. Himself, Jack Wheelchair and Ramsay make their mid very strong indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Will ya stop! He's an incredible player. Himself, Jack Wheelchair and Ramsay make their mid very strong indeed.

Hes not 42 million though. Great skill but he's gonna get battered in the PL.

• Advertisement

This is slightly old, but says he's on £35,000-£45,000

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/20918-spurs-economics-club-wage-structure.html

He hasn't signed a contract since...

Seriously? Speculation by some bloke online?

Ormus wrote: »
    Seriously? Speculation by some bloke online?

I'm not part of that discussion. Just thought I'd help out... :cool:

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 2h
    Tottenham reached an agreement with QPR to loan Assou-Ekotto and Carroll, according to Sky Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saab Ed wrote: »

72 assists in the last five seasons says he's worth a few quid...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

This. They will be strong this season and we will have a fight on our hands for top 4 that is for sure.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    This. They will be strong this season and we will have a fight on our hands for top 4 that is for sure.

Liverpool don't look too bad either! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Saab Ed wrote: »

And some profit for Real, they only paid £13m for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Considering Real have recouped nearly half of the Bale transfer fee in one go from Arsenal should we now consider the fact Arsenal financed half our squad !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Any of ye fans pissed ye couldn't get Ozil? Would have thought it would have been possible to reduce the cash up front by Madrid. Maybe Levy wanted the world record fee?

Any of ye fans pissed ye couldn't get Ozil? Would have thought it would have been possible to reduce the cash up front by Madrid. Maybe Levy wanted the world record fee?

200k pw, no thanks, he's good, but not that good

200k pw, no thanks, he's good, but not that good

Yes he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Yes he is.

No he's not...thankfully arsenal have financed half our team with that purchase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

We were never in for him, I don't see how this is an issue.

We were never in for him, I don't see how this is an issue.

Ye should have been in for him. Would have got him too.

Ye should have been in for him. Would have got him too.

We wouldn't have got him, too expensive, too high wages and wouldn't join a club not in the Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ormus wrote: »
    We wouldn't have got him, too expensive, too high wages and wouldn't join a club not in the Champions League.

Exactly. He would've been perfect for the team but there's no way he would have come to us.

I see. :) I don't think he'd want to have left Madrid though either?

Germany seems to be the place for CAMs, we should get one......oh wait!!

To be honest I'm amazed Real let him go, I really don't understand it. You don't sell your best players, even if you need to make cash. Real have loads of other players they could have sold rather than Ozil who was key for them last season. If I was a Real fan I wouldn't be happy at all, even with the arrival of Bale.

Still, brilliant signing for Arsenal and he'll make a massive difference to their midfield. Best signing of the summer IMHO

SuprSi wrote: »
    To be honest I'm amazed Real let him go, I really don't understand it. You don't sell your best players, even if you need to make cash. Real have loads of other players they could have sold rather than Ozil who was key for them last season. If I was a Real fan I wouldn't be happy at all, even with the arrival of Bale.

Still, brilliant signing for Arsenal and he'll make a massive difference to their midfield. Best signing of the summer IMHO

I don't know. Mind boggles.

The fans would surely prefer Ozil than spending 80m on a replacement?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't know. Mind boggles.

The fans would surely prefer Ozil than spending 80m on a replacement?

They certainly would if bale doesn't work out anyway.

Ozil jumps out to me like one for the fans, Arse already have about 5 attacking midfielders, it wasn't an area that was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

just had a flashback to this time last year, around this time, we were all convinced we were buying Moutinho but then we were left heartbroken. I know today is very quiet but at least we won't have a similar situation like last year

Oh it's great to have all our business done but there's a small part of me that wishes we were still waiting for something to happen!

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Oh it's great to have all our business done but there's a small part of me that wishes we were still waiting for something to happen!

You never know.

Hernandez maybe.

Advertisement