Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

How is that comment immature or out of order? It wasn't meant in a racist way if that's what you're getting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭golfball37

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    How would you suggest Tottenham keep him happy, not a dig at you either? What's he got to be unhappy about? I predict he plays very few games and gets lost in a jungle.

I reckon he's the sort who needs his ego massaged and to be constantly told how great and important he is. While we have him we may as well play along with this tactic.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I reckon he's the sort who needs his ego massaged and to be constantly told how great and important he is. While we have him we may as well play along with this tactic.

Valid point. Hope you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Valid point. Hope you're right.

He has obviously fallen out of favour with AVB , hasnt been involved at all so he is unfit ...again

I say put him on an intensive training scheme and involve him , he is costing 100k per week!

mickman wrote: »
    He has obviously fallen out of favour with AVB , hasnt been involved at all so he is unfit ...again

I say put him on an intensive training scheme and involve him , he is costing 100k per week!

He's gonna have to, just to make the bench! Midfield really need to step up with goals this season. Even though Dempsey was an eyesore at times, he still contributed and played wherever was asked of him.

• Advertisement

He's gonna have to, just to make the bench! Midfield really need to step up with goals this season. Even though Dempsey was an eyesore at times, he still contributed and played wherever was asked of him.

clint did pop up at the right times but im sure lamela will score a few this season. Townsend already has scored , as has paulinho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

How is that comment immature or out of order? It wasn't meant in a racist way if that's what you're getting at?

Fair enough, misunderstood the jungle reference so.

I'm willing to give Ade the benefit of the doubt for one more season. He had a few disruptions last season.

I always ask why don't people slate Defoe for last seasons poor form? Having read this article it's hard to blame him, must have been devastating!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/tottenham-striker-jermain-defoe-not-the-father-of-new-born-baby-8551657.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fair enough, misunderstood the jungle reference so.

I'm willing to give Ade the benefit of the doubt for one more season. He had a few disruptions last season.

I always ask why don't people slate Defoe for last seasons poor form? Having read this article it's hard to blame him, must have been devastating!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/tottenham-striker-jermain-defoe-not-the-father-of-new-born-baby-8551657.html
    Jeez that must have came as a shock to him after initially thinking the kid was his,devastating I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So, what did our net transfer spend finish up at in the end?

Also, how many players did we shift, incl loans and contract releases like Gallas Bentley. ... I suppose what I'm asking is how much has our annual wage bill changed by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Also, how many players did we shift, incl loans and contract releases like Gallas Bentley. ... I suppose what I'm asking is how much has our annual wage bill changed by.

2M in the black, our incoming money exceeded our outgoing and the wages total is much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This doesn't give you info about the wages but shows all the transfer ins and outs...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The pressure is very much on AVB when you put our name amongst these clubs;

http://www.albawaba.com/sport/top-10-clubs-transfer-market-518223

Top 10 clubs by expenditure

Gross outlay
    Net outlay
    1 Real Madrid
    £153.5m---- £56.7m
    2 Monaco
    £140.6m---- £135.4m
    3 Tottenham Hotspur
    £103.1m---- (£4.3m)
    4 Manchester City
    £98.1m---- £88.2m
    5 Paris Saint-Germain
    £93.8m---- £69.7m
    6 Napoli
    £73.6m---- £13.8m
    7 Chelsea
    £65.9m---- £52.3m
    8 Barcelona---- £59.2m---- £35.4m
    9 Dinamo Moscow--- £57.4m
    £41.4m
    10 Shakhtar Donetsk---- £57.7m---- (£0.4m)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The pressure is very much on AVB when you put our name amongst these clubs;

http://www.albawaba.com/sport/top-10-clubs-transfer-market-518223

Top 10 clubs by expenditure

Gross outlay
    Net outlay
    1 Real Madrid
    £153.5m---- £56.7m
    2 Monaco
    £140.6m---- £135.4m
    3 Tottenham Hotspur
    £103.1m---- (£4.3m)
    4 Manchester City
    £98.1m---- £88.2m
    5 Paris Saint-Germain
    £93.8m---- £69.7m
    6 Napoli
    £73.6m---- £13.8m
    7 Chelsea
    £65.9m---- £52.3m
    8 Barcelona---- £59.2m---- £35.4m
    9 Dinamo Moscow--- £57.4m
    £41.4m
    10 Shakhtar Donetsk---- £57.7m---- (£0.4m)

Net spend in millions of euros

City 104
    Chelsea 67
    Arsenal 38
    Cardiff 38
    Southampton 37
    United 34
    Liverpool 25
    Norwich 25
    Swansea 24
    West Ham 22
    Palace 17
    Fulham 14
    Hull 13
    West Brom 13
    Villa 11
    Stoke 7
    Sunderland 4
    Newcastle 1
    Spurs -5
    Everton -9

I for one would like him to stay.

I for one would like him to stay.

Yeah, I would too. Anyone doubting him should look at the vids if him for Germany u21s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Holtby is class & just needs some game time to prove his doubters..

hopefully he is 1st choice for our EL campaign from this thursday on & gets a good run of games under his belt

davycc wrote: »
    Holtby is class & just needs some game time to prove his doubters..

hopefully he is 1st choice for our EL campaign from this thursday on & gets a good run of games under his belt

Yep , i agree that he should be playing all our cup games, that will give us a good look at him

Thought he was very good against Tblisi but worth 9 million ? No, not yet anyway

Thought he was very good against Tblisi but worth 9 million ? No, not yet anyway

22yrs old with 55 games & 10 goals for Shalke? If he was English he'd be worth £15m! The only reason we got him so cheap was because he ran down his contract.

Absolutely shocked if he was sold.

• Advertisement

22yrs old with 55 games & 10 goals for Shalke? If he was English he'd be worth £15m! The only reason we got him so cheap was because he ran down his contract.

Absolutely shocked if he was sold.

Im basing his value on his spurs performances to date. I also dont think he will be happy as a squad player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

im sure avb thinks of him as a player to keep on the books... im sure inter would get more than 9m if they were to sell him on in a yr or so...

crafty italians

silly be defoe - shouldnt have gotten involved

Is Ade still AWOL? I thought he was due back on Monday? Defoe is frustrated at being frozen out of the England set up, preform well on Thursday and make a case for yourself.

Is Ade still AWOL? I thought he was due back on Monday? Defoe is frustrated at being frozen out of the England set up, preform well on Thursday and make a case for yourself.

AVB was asked if ade well play for spurs again and he said " its a possibility"

To me that means he has a lot of grovelling to do. I think we can all agree that we dont know the full extent of what went on but there is no way that avb and levy would leave our highest earner in the reserves unless there was a damn good reason

Rumours are that they want him gone and ade wants a million pound pay off

Worrying if Adebayor has been outcast and Defoe is supporting him publicly.

Echoes of Alex and Anelka.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Worrying if Adebayor has been outcast and Defoe is supporting him publicly.

Echoes of Alex and Anelka.....?

Its understandable from Defoe, he's human like the rest of us and is probably feeling a little unloved. Not sure if he's going the right way about it though. If he bides his time he will get his chance, its not like we have a lot of backup up top. Its the price he's paying for having a bad 2nd half to last season. He could still have a big part to play, at least up to January. Adebyor is now unreliable but could also be needed depending on injuries or lack of form of others. I think AVB has to be sensible when dealing with these players. Like others said, we just don't know what exactly is happening there with Ade. Odds on to buy another striker in January I think.

Are we done yet?!

Apparently Romanian international striker and free agent Ciprian Marica has claimed "I am in negotiations with three teams, I hope I will be able to tell you the name of my next team by the end of next week.”

With former teammate Lewis Holtby and compatriot Chiriches both plying their trade at the Lane, what are the chances AVB might prefer this guy (who can also play as a winger) in his squad to Adebayor/Kane, who are both being linked with a move to QPR?

Possibility-o-meter (out of 10)....?:cool:

• Advertisement

Are we done yet?!

Apparently Romanian international striker and free agent Ciprian Marica has claimed "I am in negotiations with three teams, I hope I will be able to tell you the name of my next team by the end of next week.”

With former teammate Lewis Holtby and compatriot Chiriches both plying their trade at the Lane, what are the chances AVB might prefer this guy (who can also play as a winger) in his squad to Adebayor/Kane, who are both being linked with a move to QPR?

Possibility-o-meter (out of 10)....?:cool:

Lots of talk on Twitter that we're close to signing him. He's free and only looking for 60k wages so cheaper than Ade, would make a good backup. I'd expect Kane to go out on loan

Advertisement