Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We couldn't sign Luke Chadwick never mind Luke Shaw.

No decent playes would risk signing for us right now. And if we don't sign a new manager until after the WC then most of the quality players will have been picked off by the top teams by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'd take Ancelotti over LVG. But I doubt Ancelloti would want to come to Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

irishmover wrote: »
    I'd take Ancelotti over LVG. But I doubt Ancelloti would want to come to Spurs.

Read an article yesterday that Pochettino would be favoured over LVG as he's proven to work with a banker type chairperson (Nicola Cortese) and a technical director (so Baldini keeps his job) I'd be very happy with him tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

I like MP tbh but would he given at least 3 years to build a team to compete?

Ancelotti is nothing more than paper talk but If he came in we would be a force no doubt.

Thinking about squad changes we need to look further down the league

Ben Davies(Swansea) would be a fantastic signing and more realistic than Shaw plus he's 20 and wouldn't command more than maybe 5million.
    We won't get Cole so BAE back to teach him would be fantastic and I know he wouldn't mind getting benched since it's a job to him.

Lovren had a howler but he's a lot better than Kaboul and Daws now also Caulker and Reid are good alternatives possible 2 in for Kaboul and Daws with Vladdy also covering LB.

Delph should be considered fantastic at Villa and right now doing more than Paulinho and Dembele.

And upfront Michu as a possibility we know he's good and he could be cheap after this season and he isn't happy about Laudrups sackings.

And If we want a striker to replace Ade in the future Benteke and Bony are great candidates,I have a feeling Ade if off to Dubai or one last hurrah at a CL club like Valencia or Real.
    I'd love Remy aswell brings much needed pace him with a Bony,Lukaku or Benteke sounds scary and great.

The club said they are looking for players with BPL experience anyway so those players are realistic plus that Dinipro lad to build around Eriksen and Lamela, shift out Bentaleb to a BPL team on loan for a year or two.

• Advertisement

Ben Davies looks like a good shout aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

The club said they are looking for players with BPL experience anyway so those players are realistic plus that Dinipro lad to build around Eriksen and Lamela, shift out Bentaleb to a BPL team on loan for a year or two.

Good post. Though, I have one concern, what is this 'BPL' you think off?

Are you referring to the English Premier League (EPL) as the British Premier League because two Welsh teams are in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Good post. Though, I have one concern, what is this 'BPL' you think off?

Are you referring to the English Premier League (EPL) as the British Premier League because two Welsh teams are in it?

Presume he means "barclays premier league"

They call it the BPL on fox sports over here...

I've gotten used to it anyway but yeh it's Barclays.

Oh right, I can live with that. I'd never heard it called the "BPL" until I read it on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I like MP tbh but would he given at least 3 years to build a team to compete?

Ancelotti is nothing more than paper talk but If he came in we would be a force no doubt.

Thinking about squad changes we need to look further down the league

Ben Davies(Swansea) would be a fantastic signing and more realistic than Shaw plus he's 20 and wouldn't command more than maybe 5million.
    We won't get Cole so BAE back to teach him would be fantastic and I know he wouldn't mind getting benched since it's a job to him.

Lovren had a howler but he's a lot better than Kaboul and Daws now also Caulker and Reid are good alternatives possible 2 in for Kaboul and Daws with Vladdy also covering LB.

Delph should be considered fantastic at Villa and right now doing more than Paulinho and Dembele.

And upfront Michu as a possibility we know he's good and he could be cheap after this season and he isn't happy about Laudrups sackings.

And If we want a striker to replace Ade in the future Benteke and Bony are great candidates,I have a feeling Ade if off to Dubai or one last hurrah at a CL club like Valencia or Real.
    I'd love Remy aswell brings much needed pace him with a Bony,Lukaku or Benteke sounds scary and great.

Not bad shouts in fairness

I think we should keep changes to a minimum though. It's hard to see it now but our personnel are not bad, it's just that they're all playing bad because they're being managed badly.

Davies and Reid would do me.

Stay well away from Ukraine/Russian players.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

I'd sell lennon, townsend, Dawson. Try sign lallana, bony and lovren or Williams

I'd sell lennon, townsend, Dawson. Try sign lallana, bony and lovren or Williams

Wouldn't be upset to see those three leave.

Very impressed with Bony, surprised nobody else came in for him. Still first season though?

Several clubs would be after Lallana, I've not seen him have a bad game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Ye it's a bit of a weird one If we got LVG he could manage him to become a better player especially since he sees Robben live but this pre-season is huge for a lot our players so the WC could be a hindrance on us.

I'd take Townsend as a back up but I'm a bit worried about Lamela injuries it's very sketchy if he's actually injured I dread to know what would happen if got injured and Townsend didn't improve I would take Lens from Kiev incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Luke Shaw(a dream i know) Adam Lallana, and Konoplyanka from Dnipro.
    Even though we were favoured over Liverpool to get Konoplyanka ,with the way our's and Liverpool's seasons have turned out and their champion's league qualification for next season,anyone reckon, we may struggle to get him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I'd take Townsend as a back up but I'm a bit worried about Lamela injuries it's very sketchy if he's actually injured I dread to know what would happen if got injured and Townsend didn't improve I would take Lens from Kiev incase.

What if there is a clause that if he doesnt play 20 games in the 1st season Roma take him back full whack???
    It would be very Levy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Talk of Kaboul being targeted by Arsenal....another Sol??

joeguevara wrote: »

No, he tweeted himself that it was all lies, he's a yiddo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

joeguevara wrote: »

April fools joke, belatedly making it's way through some sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

^^ I was thinking. But it was april 2nd when I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kaboul will hardly get a new contract with his injury history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Id happily give him a new deal with a pay as you play deal. Dawson will be gone this summer (i hope anyway). If we let kaboul go too then were done to just vertz(not certain hel stay either) and vlad.

Great news that Barca won't be able to poach Verts or Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great news that Barca won't be able to poach Verts or Lloris.

Most likely that ruling will be overturned on appeal.
    I'd be more worried about RM, PSG or some other moneybags making a move.

This/is were the future of Lloris, Vertz, Paulinho etc will depend on the calibre of new manager appointed next.

Just heard Mourinho's post-match conference after last night. He obviously doesn't rate Torres.

Would we take him for £10m?? Could link up well with Soldado and reignite the fire in both of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think it will be overturned. Chelsea were caught doing it once, whereas Barca were found out on multiple breaches.

Just heard Mourinho's post-match conference after last night. He obviously doesn't rate Torres.

Would we take him for £10m?? Could link up well with Soldado and reignite the fire in both of them.

Mmm...two miss firing srtikers, I'd say Torres is Spain bound.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

He started the season very brightly, he can be hit or miss. Is he a 20 goal a season striker?

Advertisement