Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He started the season very brightly, he can be hit or miss. Is he a 20 goal a season striker?

13 in 26 is a pretty good tally. I'd like to think him and Eriksen could link up very well.

Think we'd be lucky to have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

irishmover wrote: »
    13 in 26 is a pretty good tally. I'd like to think him and Eriksen could link up very well.

Think we'd be lucky to have him.

He's a big powerful guy, can more or less bulldoze his way through. It would seem strange making an approach for a player seeing as were in manager limbo? Jaysus he's only 20! Thought he was much older.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All sounds v. positive, good to hear DL is thinking ahead to next season already.

Benteke is out for 6-8 months now so that might force his hand.

Benteke is out for 6-8 months now so that might force his hand.

Yeah, poor bastard gonna miss the WC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Jaysus he's only 20! Thought he was much older.

Not sure if anyone has ever seen his original birth cert;)

Levy should go all out for Lukaku, bid 20m, Everton won't match that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Levy should go all out for Lukaku, bid 20m, Everton won't match that

Chelsea won't sell them to us and if he did he'd want 30M+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Chelsea won't sell them to us and if he did he'd want 30M+

Ya your right, the chances of us getting lukaku of Chelsea is very slim. Would love to see him come to us but we should just find someone else. The joy and snigger on Jose's face over the willian incident proves just what we would be up against. We might even be stringed along for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya your right, the chances of us getting lukaku of Chelsea is very slim. Would love to see him come to us but we should just find someone else. The joy and snigger on Jose's face over the willian incident proves just what we would be up against. We might even be stringed along for a while.

I think the team is doing a fair job this year of convincing Jose they will be no threat!

More importantly, Chelsea are making noises about complying with Financial Fair Play and there are a lot of clubs with open cheque books they've got to compete with now that weren't there previously such as PSG, Monaco and City plus the usual suspects. That means very big bucks for new strikers of proven quality. If Lukaku was Jose's answer, he would never have let him out on loan this year. Between FFP and with four strikers to unload, I don't think Chelsea are in a position to be dictating as much as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Deise Vu wrote: »
    More importantly, Chelsea are making noises about complying with Financial Fair Play

Bearing FFP in mind, they will need to get as much as possible from all sales.

Sure they sold Kevin De Bruyne at ridiculous profit for this very reason, and they've trimmed their squad by about 20 players young and old (malouda/essien/benayoun etc.) to cut costs everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just looked at bbc sport. Maybe eriksen and loris going in the summer. This would be an absolute disaster as they have been two of our most important players this season, albeit eriksen coming in to his own at the latter stages of the season. Hopefully just gossip!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Eriksen quote was nothing, press jumped all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not worried by either report to be honest.

I wouldn't blame either for wanting out, especially Lloris but the situation is nothing like Modric or Bale.

By that I mean, that I dont think either did so brilliantly this season that they would feel we are holding them back career wise. Not yet anyway.

They've both got 3 years or more on their contracts I assume and its not like RM or similar are knocking on our doors.

I think we can comfortably get another season out of each before worrying about them going on strike or us been unable to fend off ridiculously high transfer bids.

That been said, if DL did feel to accept bids for them, I'd be absolutely disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can't see Eriksen looking to go this year. He's level-headed and realises it's been a difficult year and a new manager will be in before long.

Lloris on the other hand has been with use for two years. He's probably starting to fear that the circus will never end. I can also imagine PSG offering silly money. There's not much keeping him here, he could go back to France and play in a potential Champions League winning team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was kinda worried Barca would come in for him, with Valdes out the door this summer. No need to worry about that now (assuming their ban isn't overturned).

Eriksen will probably go to Barca but I'd say it won't be for at least 4-5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Domo82

Would anyone fancy tomkins or ashley williams as a new cb?? Our current ones dont look bothered to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

BlR-qyWCYAA2m9T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Domo82 wrote: »
    Would anyone fancy tomkins or ashley williams as a new cb?? Our current ones dont look bothered to be there!

Would prefer Winston Reid, Caulker or Curtis Davies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Ormus wrote: »

Getting rid of Caulker was one of the strangest transfer decisions made by Spurs. We could do with him now. And he snatches the odd goal too. I remember someone saying that we would have first choice on him if Cardiff get relegated. Is that true? if so will it happen (albeit only if Cardiff go down).

Ormus wrote: »

We have first refusal on Caulker when relegated. I'd take him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

caulker is a good player, dont think he is better than what we have (if vertonghen actually played like we know he can)

caulker always looked a bit nervous to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

mickman wrote: »
    caulker is a good player, dont think he is better than what we have (if vertonghen actually played like we know he can)

caulker always looked a bit nervous to me

he's better than poor auld dawson to be fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

he's better than poor auld dawson to be fair...

yes for sure but not really better than kaboul or jan - even though both have had very bad seasons

prob not better than vlad either

mickman wrote: »
    yes for sure but not really better than kaboul or jan - even though both have had very bad seasons

prob not better than vlad either

He'd be a great backup though if we have first refusal at a decent price, be very levyesque

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He'd be a great backup though if we have first refusal at a decent price, be very levyesque
    Why would he want to come to us as back up when he can be first choice CB on most other teams.

tippspur wrote: »
    Why would he want to come to us as back up when he can be first choice CB on most other teams.

Would he have a choice if it was in the sale agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Would he have a choice if it was in the sale agreement?

Ofcourse he would. Having first refusal doesn't mean the player has to join that club.

• Advertisement

I like the look of Depay at PSV seen him a few times and he has a good shot on him like Walcott would be way more useful than another passenger winger with no end product.

Advertisement