Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The Metro...nothing to panic about there. He's hardly hard an impressive season to earn a move away as is. Where would he even fit in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The Metro...nothing to panic about there. He's hardly hard an impressive season to earn a move away as is. Where would he even fit in?

up front instead of torres :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

he's a class act who will be quality in the world cup. When he signed for us at the start of last summer he was told specifically that AVB and Bale where going nowhere... 6 months later both had gone and Dim sherwood was running the show. No wonder he appear not to give a f*ck most of the time when Levy lied to his face to get him to sign...
    His words on signing were:
    "This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player (Bale) - and they have been absolutely clear that they are not going anywhere."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Maybe he's being used as leverage for Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Maybe he's being used as leverage for Lukaku?

That would make great sense. Spurs are way over staffed in centre-midfield and need to let more than one go. I wouldn't have picked Paulinho to go but if it secured a proven goalscorer and, more importantly, a consistent trier, I would take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Paulinho is going to have a great World Cup. We don't want to lose him and definitely don't want to lose him before the tournament.

Yes I've a crystal ball.

It's hard to gauge Paulinho under current management, been in and out of the squad far too often. Didn't impress me in the Confederations Cup, wondered why we had bought him. I've not really seen enough of him, hopefully he'll shine in the Summer. Sounds like the papers are already planting shít seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

he's a class act who will be quality in the world cup. When he signed for us at the start of last summer he was told specifically that AVB and Bale where going nowhere... 6 months later both had gone and Dim sherwood was running the show. No wonder he appear not to give a f*ck most of the time when Levy lied to his face to get him to sign...
    His words on signing were:
    "This summer there has been interest in their coach and their best player (Bale) - and they have been absolutely clear that they are not going anywhere."

He is capable of being class but he has certainly not been a class act at Spurs.

He's a professional footballer. Managers and coaches move on all the time, that's no excuse to stop being professional.

Anyway, we don't know if thats the reason he's been poor. It's possible he has just struggled with the tempo of the English game. It's possible he'll be better next season. He might have a great world cup and be worth 40m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭golfball37

Didn't he also say a few months before joining Chelsea he was joining us !

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    I hope so- Stone cold useless imo.

Same was said about Kevin Prince Boateng.

What's the story with Iago Falque, he's on loan to Rayo in Spain and is playing some serious football and scoring some amazing goals

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Falque

What's the story with Iago Falque, he's on loan to Rayo in Spain and is playing some serious football and scoring some amazing goals

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Falque

I liked the look of him the few times he played, definite prospect. And as you said, having a good season.

I liked the look of him the few times he played, definite prospect. And as you said, having a good season.

Wonder would he survive in the premiership, we should cash in on Townsend and Lennon, neither are good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Hes 24..... He always seemed decent and a touch of class shame the old fart never gave him and Dos Santos a chance.

And you just know Paulinho would be great at Chelsea the only way it's acceptable is if we do a swap for Lukakalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Don't rate Paulinho at all, he's not the player we need. He doesn't do enough to be played in midf and he's simply not good enough to play a no. 10 role. Lots of fancy flicks, gets stuck in, but very little aside from that. Chelsea are welcome to him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

THFC wrote: »
    Don't rate Paulinho at all, he's not the player we need. He doesn't do enough to be played in midf and he's simply not good enough to play a no. 10 role. Lots of fancy flicks, gets stuck in, but very little aside from that. Chelsea are welcome to him imo.

That's just it, if this Chelsea story is true I reckon any of us could pick.one or maybe two players that would fit easily into our starting could and do a good job. I reckon Torres still has it in him deep down to get back to his best. If we unlocked even 60% of his potential we'd be well up there come may. Likewise, Ba could do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

Anyone think Ashley Cole would be a good signing ?

noker wrote: »

5 years ago maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

if harry was still here he'd have signed already, but with no sell on value I dont think so... lets see who takes over first. If its Dim, expect a load of Gareth Barry type players. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Didn't Chelsea (and Mouriho when he was at Inter) want Jenas a few years ago when he was in a similar position to Paulihno ... in/out of our team, not quite sure what his best role is in our team etc.

Mourinho is trying to fool us into thinking he must be good cos Chelsea want him so we keep playing him when in reality he's stinking up the joint..

Ok, that's a bit far stretched but it's an odd one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I would sign him for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Ashley Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

gar wrote: »
    Ashley Cole

Ashley Cole

Is Sascha Riether a better right back than Walker?

I haven't seen enough of him to know.

I'd like to see us get Marshall from Cardiff as back up to Hugo.

Ormus wrote: »
    Is Sascha Riether a better right back than Walker?

I haven't seen enough of him to know.

He gave away a needless penalty in one of their games I remember when he dived in. A slower version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    To start maybe. Can't see Hugo being there next season.

If we're going for a replacement I'd prefer Krul. More proven.

Advertisement