Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Transfer Gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

noker wrote: »
    Anyone think Ashley Cole would be a good signing ?

If he was free or just a couple of million he'd be a good signing. Would mess up our wage structure though. I'd like to see us get Ben Davies from Swansea for left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I like your man Alonso the left full off Sunderland!!!
    One to watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I like your man Alonso the left full off Sunderland!!!
    One to watch!!

Yet to impress me anytime I've seen him?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

We need a good right back and left back who can defend.On the right side Davide Astori from Cagliari would be a good signing as he can also play centre half.He is a good solid old school defender.
    Left back I would go for Ashley Cole,while I really dislike him he is a defender who is experienced and still has pace.Plus do you think he would put up with Lennon or any other winger not tracking back?
    Lukaku up front as I believe he and Soldado could be a very lively duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd like to see us get Marshall from Cardiff as back up to Hugo.

He's been one of the best keepers in the league this season, no hope of him being a reserve anywhere next season. I think lloris will stay

• Advertisement

We need a good right back and left back who can defend.On the right side Davide Astori from Cagliari would be a good signing as he can also play centre half.He is a good solid old school defender.
    Left back I would go for Ashley Cole,while I really dislike him he is a defender who is experienced and still has pace.Plus do you think he would put up with Lennon or any other winger not tracking back?
    Lukaku up front as I believe he and Soldado could be a very lively duo.

In fairness to Lennon he can't be faulted for tracking back.

Also they play on opposite sides so wouldn't be talking to each other.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He's been one of the best keepers in the league this season, no hope of him being a reserve anywhere next season. I think lloris will stay

Footballers generally go where the money is. We could double his wages and he'd still be on less than Heurelho Gomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

In fairness to Lennon he can't be faulted for tracking back.

Also they play on opposite sides so wouldn't be talking to each other.

I think you will find our wingers switched wings on a lot of occasions.He may track back but does he ever put in a tackle?

I think you will find our wingers switched wings on a lot of occasions.He may track back but does he ever put in a tackle?

Yep, he does.

Footballers generally go where the money is. We could double his wages and he'd still be on less than Heurelho Gomes.

There's no hope of Marshall coming to spurs to be a reserve, simple as.

• Advertisement

Also, I'd flog Lennon , has one good game every 5 or 6, hasn't progressed at all, sell now while we might get decent money

There's no hope of Marshall coming to spurs to be a reserve, simple as.

It's not simple as, far far less likely transfers have happened, believe me.

Also, I'd flog Lennon , has one good game every 5 or 6, hasn't progressed at all, sell now while we might get decent money

I'd keep him personally. He's had his worst season ever, no way would we get decent money for him. He shouldn't start next season as a regular.

“The Beast” says: “He (Tim Sherwood) will leave at the end of the season. Then, new coach, new everything.”

Sandro adds: “I do not know anything yet, but I’m happy to have my name talked about with a club the size of Sao Paulo. Anyway, it would be very difficult to leave on loan from here.”

He continues: “If I was to leave, it would have to be permanently and it is not close. Other teams have come, however, with little money. President (Daniel Levy) negotiates every transfer, this was the case for [Gareth] Bale had the case, it is not easy.”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we let Sandro go, we are ****ing idiots.

No chance of Sandro playing Sunday after his comments. I'm expecting Sherwood to blow up when asked the question.

Kiith wrote: »
    If we let Sandro go, we are ****ing idiots.

I really hope it's all Sherwood's fault and that there is no truth in his assertion that Sandro slacks off in training. It's hard to imagine.

Strange one though, Sandro's fighting spirit should make him Tim's favourite player logically.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Sandro is one of the must keeps, alongside Lloris,Vertonghen and Eriksen IMO.

Hammar wrote: »
    Sandro is one of the must keeps, alongside Lloris,Vertonghen and Eriksen IMO.

I've lost a lot of love for Vertonghen. When the going got tough, he moaned and pouted and slacked off. That's the way it seemed anyway. I also think that the fact that he's such a nice ball player kinda masks the fact that he's a very average defender.

Prove me wrong Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just hearing we've approached Rio Ferdinand as he's now a free agent... I give up... officially.

• Advertisement

That better not be true. He's been useless for years, and the last thing we need is another slow defender.

just hearing we've approached Rio Ferdinand as he's now a free agent... I give up... officially.

You're not even gonna wait to see if it's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sounds like complete rubbish!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Sounds like complete rubbish!

+1
    Most likely end up in the States, Twitter mania over there so he'll be at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... what about that other CB in manchester who is available on freebie ... Lescott!

I'd take Lescott over Ferdinand anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

would prefer a Vertongan (sic) who is playing for a manager over either to be honest. If we are talking experienced defenders whisper it but Cashley would be a great addition as a left back for a season... it all depends on the next managers system of course

Agreed. Ideally neither though. Lescott is an average defender on 100k a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't post a link on the phone but there is a story on SSN about Vertogen wanting to stay on beyond the summer regardless of who the new manager is. Seems legit enough... few direct quotes etc.

In other news, a few of the rags have us linked with Cech as a replacement for Lloris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't post a link on the phone but there is a story on SSN about Vertogen wanting to stay on beyond the summer regardless of who the new manager is. Seems legit enough... few direct quotes etc.

In other news, a few of the rags have us linked with Cech as a replacement for Lloris.

Didn't Bale say something similar this time last year? Players word is as useful as their contracts these days!

Advertisement